- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Personnel/Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labour & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Georgia
- - Arkansas
- - Little Rock, AR, United States Area
- - Little Rock, AR
- - Texas
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - London, United Kingdom Area
- - London, England
- Canada - All Cities
- - Alberta
- - Calgary, AB Area
- - Calgary, AB
- - Cochrane, AB
- - Bowness, AB
- - Edmonton, AB Area
- - Edmonton, AB
- - British Columbia
- - Vancouver, BC Area
- - Vancouver, BC
- - Kamloops, BC Area
- - Kelowna, BC
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON Area
- - Toronto, ON
- - Burlington, ON
- - Kitchener, ON Area
- - Waterloo, ON
- Georgia - All Cities
- - T'bilisi
- - Tbilisi, Georgia Area
- - Tbilisi
- Romania - All Cities
- - Bucuresti
- - Bucharest, Romania Area
- - Bucharest, Bucuresti
- Ghana - All Cities
- - Greater Accra
- - Accra, Ghana Area
- - Accra
Found 1,342 of over 2K reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
Got a burning question about University of Calgary? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with University of Calgary employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of University of Calgary and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jan. 23, 2023 - Clinical Research Assistant in Savannah, GARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great opportunity to work towards your own knowledge generation while building new technical skills. Lots of opportunity of initiative, mentorship and training. Great benefits.
The role may be adaptable after commencement based on the demands of the lab, and the work environment will be very dependent on your primary supervisor.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan. 19, 2023 - Postdoctoral AssociateRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexible and nice place to work
Payment is not that high. They can remove you any time
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jan. 19, 2023 - Front of House StaffRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
University of Calgary benefits are great.
Unpredictable hours are to come.
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jan. 16, 2023 - Undergraduate StudentRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Really good place to study and gain experience.
Need more good professors at the university.
- Former Employee★★★★★Jan. 14, 2023 - Machine Learning InternRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
It was a well-organized first experience for me, I learned a lot about my field, new software, teamwork, and working under a supervisor.
I don't think there's something they can do to improve.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan. 29, 2023 - Digital Media Specialist in Lake Charles, LARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Some interesting work and good people
Very disorganized and poor communication
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan. 27, 2023 - Human Resources ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
great place to work in Canada
issues with pension in canadaContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Jan. 27, 2023 - Graduate Student in Calgary, ABRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Very flexible work hours and you learn so much
Low pay and long hours
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Jan. 25, 2023 - Program Coordinator in Calgary, ABRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
work life balance, make a difference in students lives
Budget cuts, staffing shortages, continual promises that change will stop but we keep going through reorgs
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Jan. 21, 2023 - Graduate Student in Calgary, ABRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
You have the opportunity to learn.
The tuition fee is very high and international students are living in a very poor situation.
University of Calgary Reviews FAQs
University of Calgary has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 1,661 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at University of Calgary to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
80% of University of Calgary employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated University of Calgary 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.