Found 114 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and pension plan." (in 115 reviews)
- "The people are great and they get me through the day; very manageable and flexible especially with COVID" (in 85 reviews)
- "All staff were friendly and willing to help when asked for assistance." (in 46 reviews)
- "Maintaining a good work/life balance is easy." (in 39 reviews)
- "Great place to work when the team is great" (in 39 reviews)
- "Low pay; high expectation to publish and little interest from supervisors if not publishing; competitive environment; lack of resources for transitioning to industry" (in 65 reviews)
- "PDFs salaries are low nationwide" (in 56 reviews)
- "poor management (doesn’t listen to staff)" (in 52 reviews)
- "Very large organization to work for" (in 12 reviews)
- "Below average compensation" (in 9 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of University Health Network and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "work environment"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Nov 12, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Good and young environment to work within. Have managed big projects successfully.
Pay could be better and the role is always fuzzy.
- 4.0Dec 30, 2014Postdoctoral FellowCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
High quality research and excellent facilities. UHN attracts the best researchers and guest speakers. It has a good track record of successful research. The pay is similar to other institutes. There are many training opportunities to develop your skills while there.
There is a lot of unnecessary administration and it is not the most sociable work environment. Many of the PI's are difficult to work for so check with current staff.
- 5.0Oct 19, 2016Environmental ServicesCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsToronto, ON
Great work environment everyone helps one another when it comes down to it to get the job done no one is left out
Stressful at times some work days get overwhelming some days we are short staff so work load increases but job needs to get done
- 5.0Jul 25, 2012Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Really good environment to work in cause the equipment is all state-of-the art. Everyone who works here are all dedicated.
As a researcher, we never got paid overtime. There would be a lot of times where I have worked more than 8 hours a day, but I only get paid for the 8 that I am supposed to be working.
- 4.0Jul 29, 2023Co-OpFormer Employee, less than 1 yearToronto, ON
Good environment to work and lunch provided
Not a lot of interaction with higher-ups or networking opportunities with higher-ups
- 4.0May 21, 2017Research TechnicianCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
-Good benefits and perks -Competitive salary for public sector -Safe and positive work environment
-Glass ceiling (at least in my department) -Politics within teams can get annoying