Ungerboeck Software International Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Ungerboeck Software International President & CEO Manish Chandak
Manish Chandak

1. "Vice-President"

I worked at Ungerboeck Software International full-time

Pros

USI has a great culture and a great solution.

Cons

No real cons to speak of.

2. "Good Culture"

Pros

-very transparent organization
    -they make you feel like family on day 1
    -suggestions are always welcome
    -semi-private work environment (i shared an office with 2 co-workers for 6 months, and then 1 co-worker for the remainder of my time)

Cons

-legacy datamodel can be hard to understand
    -documentation is somewhat lacking in depth.

3. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Ungerboeck Software International (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, great people, management does seem to care about their employees.

Cons

You can become pigeon holed into a specific job with little room for growth unless you apply for a new position within the company. They really don't give raises, you advance through a new position.

Advice to Management

Should consider compensation reviews for employees.

5. "Director of Sales"

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Brisbane (Australia)
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in Brisbane (Australia)

Pros

A great team of people to work with and a equally great industry to be involved with. I like meeting people and travel and so was content for my 10 years I worked at Ungerboeck.

Cons

For the sales people there was no training during the span of 10 years I was there. You learnt the industry through engaging with clients and attending trade shows. Compared to when I first joined the compensation package gradually eroded so for a sales person the incentive died. So essentially the skills you start with are basically where you exit the company.

Advice to Management

Trust your sales team and train them properly. Give them the tools to engage with clients and not rely on sales support staff.

"Great company with great leadership and vision."

Current Employee - Sales in O Fallon, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in O Fallon, MO (US)

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is comforting to know I'm working for a company that cares about their employees and has a solid vision for the future. I've only been here for a few years but the growth and development I have seen already have been impressive. We brought on a new Sales VP last year who has already made a big impact. Our sales group is more like a team now and is full of motivated, fun and competitive people. It sounds corny but it really is fun to come to work.

Cons

The challenges here are the same as with any sales position. Keep grinding along and filling the pipeline and you'll find success. The biggest difference I have found here compared to past employers is that I have received a lot more support, guidance and development. Both from my peers and from management. That has been a welcomed change.

Advice to Management

My only advice would be try and keep the family-owned feel as we continue to grow.

"Good employer"

Pros

Great working environment. The people are all really nice and welcoming.

Cons

Not given very good direction on projects and assignments.

8. "Sales Consultant"

I worked at Ungerboeck Software International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Niche market and industry, fun.

Cons

some of the region sucks

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Pros

Being able to enjoy coming in to work every single day and wanting to succeed for not only yourself, but for the company is something that is hard to find, especially in a family owned company. The management team is very accessible every day. Fun environment that is business like but the company also knows when to let loose and have some fun with not only the employees but their families as well.

Cons

Validation is sometimes lacking. Management gets pulled in a lot of different directions but they are always willing to have a discussion.

"Disappointed with how things turned out."

I worked at Ungerboeck Software International full-time

Pros

The CFO (Chief Fun Officer) cares for his people, but I feel like like he gets disrespected too often by the owners in front of employees that all admire his leadership. He keeps morale up more than anyone.

Cons

First, I have to say--the one star review below is kind of harsh, BUT there are some rather good points. This man or woman seems to be upset, and definitely wrote with some emotion, but just because it's written 'emotionally' doesn't mean the points made aren't true/real.

I have to agree with the employee survey being 'pressured'. In the past they've used Survey Monkey, which if you know anything about SM you know that the creator of a survey can track your IP address even if you respond anonymously-- it makes people feel uneasy, and unlikely to be honest. Also, USI has you fill out what country you're in, then what department you're in [these departments aren't big, at all] it would be very easy to determine who the person is, again... making employees feel uneasy about being honest with their review. I guarantee if they were to hire an outside company to do this that promised anonymity by being a professional company, that specializes in employee reviews, the reviews would be more realistic than overly positive. Survey Monkey is a joke for employee surveys, in today's world people are terrified to lose their job, and at the end of my career with USI I can see why people would want to be careful.

I quit USI because I felt undervalued to a depressing level. Once I realized that it wasn't me, but my bosses, then I knew it was best for me to leave. There's no changing an egocentric mentality, so I suggest you move on if you disagree with their methods--like--motivating you by fear of being fired [this happened to the whole group regularly with brand new leadership, way to fluff up your peacock feathers and leave a terrible first impression!]

They lost a great employee, and someone that had ideas to help take their software to the next level. Unfortunately for them the 'Wolf' they've been searching for was always there, but they didn't give him a chance.

Advice to Management

Check you egos, accept disagreements, and act more like leaders instead of a tyrants.
    Take a note from the CFO or the former VP of Marketing, those two are leaders-- people that make time for you and you can talk to, honestly, without fear of losing your job.

Ungerboeck Software International Response

13 Jan, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for open and honest commentary on your experience with us. There is no doubt that our CFO is a great steward over our culture and definitely a leader to admire, he is a great example of ... More

"Love it here!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very little stress. Co-workers and managers are genuinely great people. Managers are real human beings, they don't act above you and always treat you kindly. I love how casual it is, and that I never have to choose work over my family.

Cons

Health insurance is more expensive than my previous jobs. Sometimes it's hard to see the bigger picture in terms of personal career growth, but I don't think it is because it's not there. I definitely think personal growth is possible.