Ungerboeck Software International Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Manish Chandak

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Vice-President"

I worked at Ungerboeck Software International full-time

Pros

USI has a great culture and a great solution.

Cons

No real cons to speak of.

2. "Good Culture"

Pros

-very transparent organization
    -they make you feel like family on day 1
    -suggestions are always welcome
    -semi-private work environment (i shared an office with 2 co-workers for 6 months, and then 1 co-worker for the remainder of my time)

Cons

-legacy datamodel can be hard to understand
    -documentation is somewhat lacking in depth.

3. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Ungerboeck Software International (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, great people, management does seem to care about their employees.

Cons

You can become pigeon holed into a specific job with little room for growth unless you apply for a new position within the company. They really don't give raises, you advance through a new position.

Advice to Management

Should consider compensation reviews for employees.

"Director of Sales"

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Brisbane (Australia)
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in Brisbane (Australia)

Pros

A great team of people to work with and a equally great industry to be involved with. I like meeting people and travel and so was content for my 10 years I worked at Ungerboeck.

Cons

For the sales people there was no training during the span of 10 years I was there. You learnt the industry through engaging with clients and attending trade shows. Compared to when I first joined the compensation package gradually eroded so for a sales person the incentive died. So essentially the skills you start with are basically where you exit the company.

Advice to Management

Trust your sales team and train them properly. Give them the tools to engage with clients and not rely on sales support staff.

"Good employer"

Pros

Great working environment. The people are all really nice and welcoming.

Cons

Not given very good direction on projects and assignments.

7. "Sales Consultant"

I worked at Ungerboeck Software International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Niche market and industry, fun.

Cons

some of the region sucks

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being able to enjoy coming in to work every single day and wanting to succeed for not only yourself, but for the company is something that is hard to find, especially in a family owned company. The management team is very accessible every day. Fun environment that is business like but the company also knows when to let loose and have some fun with not only the employees but their families as well.

Cons

Validation is sometimes lacking. Management gets pulled in a lot of different directions but they are always willing to have a discussion.

"Love it here!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very little stress. Co-workers and managers are genuinely great people. Managers are real human beings, they don't act above you and always treat you kindly. I love how casual it is, and that I never have to choose work over my family.

Cons

Health insurance is more expensive than my previous jobs. Sometimes it's hard to see the bigger picture in terms of personal career growth, but I don't think it is because it's not there. I definitely think personal growth is possible.

"Someone in Mkt Dept is doing a good job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

I worked at Ungerboeck Software International (More than 8 years)

Pros

Marketing Dept must is doing a helluva job covering the negative comments and negative experiences. Everyone who leaves this company feels like a Gorilla is off their back and they start seeing the light again. Happier people once they leave this place

Cons

Very petty leadership. Once upon a time, proclaimed "if you do not follow their lead you will be subjected the the WRATH of the Ungerboecks!" Really?! Product has been on stand still for many years now.

Advice to Management

Listen to your teams, let them grow, don't suffocate them. Not sure you understand any of this perched from the top of the building

"Ungerboeck treats its employees like family"

Current Employee - User Experience Front End Developer in O'Fallon, MO (US)
    Current Employee - User Experience Front End Developer in O'Fallon, MO (US)

Pros

The environment at Ungerboeck is great. No company is perfect and like the rest Ungerboeck has it's faults but Ungerboeck is willing to acknowledge them and strive for constant improvement. It is one of the company's three core values. I am proud to work for a company willing to embrace change when in is for the better.

Cons

Ungerboeck Software is extremely robust. There is a lot you must learn before using or developing Ungerboeck Software. Ungerboeck requires a significant ramp up period for new employees and provides endless challenges to current employees. Typically I would not consider this con but Ungerboeck's knowledge sharing processes leave much to be desired. Not having common knowledge documented in an easy to access manner makes it difficult to accomplish certain tasks without help.

Advice to Management

Talent retention should be Ungerboeck's #1 concern. Part of treating your employees like they are family means that you should compensate them for their efforts with a competitive salary.

Ungerboeck Software International Response

13 Nov, 2015 – CEO

I am grateful for your review and are proud that you feel a part of the great team/family and culture that we have. As you say, with a robust software offering, it can be difficult to share all... More