Ungerboeck Software International Reviews

Updated May 6, 2020

Ungerboeck Software International President & CEO Manish Chandak
Manish Chandak
Pros
  • "Co-workers and managers are genuinely great people(in 4 reviews)

• "USI has created a fantastic work-life balance standard which is hard to find these days(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "There has a been a ton of turnover, top to bottom, over the last 12 months(in 2 reviews)

• "We need a bigger parking lot as we are outgrowing ours(in 2 reviews)

1. "Fantastic culture with a bright business future"

Current Employee - Software Engineer-I in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people here are great, the 401k plan is excellent, and there is a perfect mix of work and play in the culture among the developers.

Cons

Somewhat low starting salary, and a mediocre health plan.

2. "Good starting point for junior developers"

2.0
    Former Employee - Web Developer

I worked at Ungerboeck Software International full-time

Pros

Excellent 401K package (if you stay 5 years or longer).

Cons

Lack of cultural diversity. Outdated technologies.

3. "Bad"

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Ungerboeck Software International full-time

Pros

No official office.. ..in Australia

Cons

Bad company I ever seen

"Good Core...and Growth & Opportunity are Knocking"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people first and foremost make up the heart of Ungerboeck. Very talented, kind & genuine people at all levels of the company & there are constant opportunities to get involved both before & after work. The company encourages their employees to be comfortable...relaxed dress code, fresh fruit/snacks, and a volleyball court are just some of the perks. The industry is challenging, but ripe with opportunity. The company is at a point now where it could rapidly expand in the near future, so people that are willing to take the initiative and drive that growth should find themselves (careers) in a great position moving forward. How many other companies in the St. Louis area are you going to find that work with the top convention centers, stadiums, universities, and exhibition clients all over the world? Benefits include a great 401(k) match, dental/health insurance, gym membership, and even access to a training program onsite once you've been with the company long-enough. The last, and perhaps greatest plus, is the time flexibility & understanding or the work-life balance that everyone needs. The ability to work from home and/or use flextime allows me to take care of my family, get a work out in over lunch, or just be more comfortable at the office is a tremendous benefit.

Cons

Growing a company doesn't come without some growing pains, whether its restructuring departments for expansion or implementing more efficient processes & systems. Communication & execution for such endeavors isn't always the cleanest, but is improving.

"A human adventure"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lyon

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Because the value of this company is based on the people, the company ensures the people inside feel good. This is the way to keep and attract talents. Reward and recognition are part of the culture. - There is no heavy hierarchy, the management levels keep the company structured and organised, but if your answer lies on a higher level than your direct line manager, you don't need to go through all hierarchy levels to find your way. - The multi-cultural environment of Ungerboeck is not just a myth, it's something you experience every day.

Cons

- lack of consistency in salaries - onboarding process could be improved - a big workload

Continue reading

"An amazing workplace with awesome people!"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time

Pros

The first thing that I noticed when I first picked up my phone for my first interview was that Ungerboeck-ians/ Ungerfam were really nice people. Since my very first day working here, everyone has been helpful and eager to learn from one another. Managers and directors are always readily there to help you with problems that you have. We have a flat hierarchy in our organization and I find it easy to talk to everyone, even our product managers in the US. Speaking to colleagues from different regions is also pretty easy and everyone is friendly and they give it their all to help you out with questions. I have never felt singled out and I am glad to have such supportive people that I am proud to call my Ungerfam.

Cons

There might at times be stressful moments, but it comes with every single job. It is also motivation to do better. The only other thing would probably be to have more get-togethers as consultants travel often. However, still, it is a good place to work at.

Ungerboeck Software International Response

August 8, 2018HR Generalist

Thanks for the review! We're so glad you feel supported by your Ungerfam. We can appreciate the hard work a consultant must do. From traveling to working onsite with customers, it can be stressful! Thanks for all your hard work and for sharing your Ungerboeck experience.

"Fake "culture""

2.0

I worked at Ungerboeck Software International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

easy job, laid back atmosphere, plenty of activities and fun stuff to do during the work-day (work outs, lunch & learns, etc.)

Cons

They act as if the most valuable part of the company is their company culture and "family-like" atmosphere when in reality its all a front that looks nice but has no real substance. If the culture was as great as they portray it to be, then employees wouldn't be leaving after many years and Management wouldn't lie to employees and tell them things are getting better when in fact they are not.

Ungerboeck Software International Response

August 8, 2018CEO

Over the past 2+ years, our team and company have been actively involved in ensuring that that the legacy of our rich heritage continues to be embedded in the core of who we are as a company. In our industry it is essential that we continue to evolve and build upon the strong foundation that we have. It is true that we have evolved, and the company does feel different than it did in the past. Some of that comes from the fact that we continue to grow in number, that we face different challenges than we did in the past. Some of it comes from new leadership across the board and in many different places. Yet we as a business are seeing success in ways that we never have. We are excited about the new customers that have joined our family, the new features we are offering and overall, the great opportunities we all have to learn and develop new skills through the evolutionary steps we are taking together as a company. In the end, I can assure anyone that the Ungerboeck family remains very committed to and pleased with the direction and path that we are on and that they started down some 30+ years ago. The family remains informed of and aligned to the direction and vision that we have today. That their hard work and dedication laid the foundation upon which we continually build. The digital world changes rapidly and we are, through our evolution, experiencing many sorts of “family-like” experiences. Challenging each other, collaborative innovation is what makes pushing through the challenges we do face day to day worth it, we grow closer and we evolve. I appreciate your thoughts shared here and I hope that we perhaps have the chance to interact once again and we can share with you some of the accomplishments that we are so thrilled to have achieved.

"Satisfied and happy - You should be too"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dardenne Prairie, MO

Pros

I have had the pleasure of working for Ungerboeck now for 2 years. The place isn't perfect (what company is?) but I have found a home. This company is made up of great people working together to achieve what would be impossible for most. We produce techonology solutions for an exciting space flush with challenges and opportunities. This makes it both tough and thrilling. Each customer and product is hard-earned but the victory is satisfying. This company seems to embrace the management philosophy of getting the right people on the bus and in the right seat. They gave me a chance and have encouraged my growth (I hope it could be described as flourishing but someone else can speak for my performance). Great people, great product, great future. I'm excited about our future. About other reviews...Realize some people are eternally unhappy and they are usually the loudest, others would never speak an ill word about someone or something else. I believe myself to be a fairly even-minded person but my review is also colored by my experience. Experiences are subjective; mine, negative reviewers, and glowing reviews. Yours would be too. Give the company a chance, give the people here a chance. The 'risk' is worth the reward.

Cons

I have hardly a thing to complain about I am compelled to list a few areas of improvement. If you are looking for a job to make you rich quick, keep chasing the rainbow for that pot of gold. The benefits are comfortable and the salary is fair; just not flashy. Our leadership has solid vision and strategy but I want more. I want a tight strategy with achievable tactics that factor environmental risks and opportunities. We are charting a new direction amidst a rapidly-shifiting techonogical environment and it will require sharp people, tactics, and a pinch of luck. I'd like more mentorship and coaching. Efforts are being made but we need more opportunities for professional and leadership development.

Continue reading

"Ungerboeck is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Web Developer in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, approachable management and a nice, collaborative culture. Casual-dress code with none of that "best-dressed competition" corporate office environments often feel like. Great fitness program and a diverse, non-judgemental staff. The management team shows genuine interest in employees' success through actions, benefits, activities and programs.

Cons

There is no paid maternity leave.

"Decent place to start"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Ungerboeck Software International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Great people -Low stress environment -Variable start times

Cons

-Not all projects are managed nicely -Old technologies

Found 47 reviews