Ungerboeck Software International Reviews

3.8
Ungerboeck Software International President & CEO Manish Chandak
Manish Chandak
Pros
Cons
  • "Started with really great people to work with; some left by choice, some were hinted out, the morale kind of took a hit(in 2 reviews)

• "There has a been a ton of turnover, top to bottom, over the last 12 months(in 2 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great Company"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome people, fun product, great work-life balance

Cons

Communication is sometimes not the best.

2. "Good for a Beginner"

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Work Life Balance is good

Cons

Old technologies still used for software development.

3. "Meh"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time

Pros

Friendly, fun and that's all

Cons

Ungerboeck still doesn't go away from legacy code

4. "Fantastic culture with a bright business future"

Current Employee - Software Engineer-I in O'Fallon, MO

Pros

The people here are great, the 401k plan is excellent, and there is a perfect mix of work and play in the culture among the developers.

Cons

Somewhat low starting salary, and a mediocre health plan.

5. "Good starting point for junior developers"

2.0
    Former Employee - Web Developer

I worked at Ungerboeck Software International full-time

Pros

Excellent 401K package (if you stay 5 years or longer).

Cons

Lack of cultural diversity. Outdated technologies.

6. "Bad"

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Ungerboeck Software International full-time

Pros

No official office.. ..in Australia

Cons

Bad company I ever seen

"Good Core...and Growth & Opportunity are Knocking"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people first and foremost make up the heart of Ungerboeck. Very talented, kind & genuine people at all levels of the company & there are constant opportunities to get involved both before & after work. The company encourages their employees to be comfortable...relaxed dress code, fresh fruit/snacks, and a volleyball court are just some of the perks. The industry is challenging, but ripe with opportunity. The company is at a point now where it could rapidly expand in the near future, so people that are willing to take the initiative and drive that growth should find themselves (careers) in a great position moving forward. How many other companies in the St. Louis area are you going to find that work with the top convention centers, stadiums, universities, and exhibition clients all over the world? Benefits include a great 401(k) match, dental/health insurance, gym membership, and even access to a training program onsite once you've been with the company long-enough. The last, and perhaps greatest plus, is the time flexibility & understanding or the work-life balance that everyone needs. The ability to work from home and/or use flextime allows me to take care of my family, get a work out in over lunch, or just be more comfortable at the office is a tremendous benefit.

Cons

Growing a company doesn't come without some growing pains, whether its restructuring departments for expansion or implementing more efficient processes & systems. Communication & execution for such endeavors isn't always the cleanest, but is improving.

"A human adventure"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lyon

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Because the value of this company is based on the people, the company ensures the people inside feel good. This is the way to keep and attract talents. Reward and recognition are part of the culture. - There is no heavy hierarchy, the management levels keep the company structured and organised, but if your answer lies on a higher level than your direct line manager, you don't need to go through all hierarchy levels to find your way. - The multi-cultural environment of Ungerboeck is not just a myth, it's something you experience every day.

Cons

- lack of consistency in salaries - onboarding process could be improved - a big workload

Continue reading

"Satisfied and happy - You should be too"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dardenne Prairie, MO

Pros

I have had the pleasure of working for Ungerboeck now for 2 years. The place isn't perfect (what company is?) but I have found a home. This company is made up of great people working together to achieve what would be impossible for most. We produce techonology solutions for an exciting space flush with challenges and opportunities. This makes it both tough and thrilling. Each customer and product is hard-earned but the victory is satisfying. This company seems to embrace the management philosophy of getting the right people on the bus and in the right seat. They gave me a chance and have encouraged my growth (I hope it could be described as flourishing but someone else can speak for my performance). Great people, great product, great future. I'm excited about our future. About other reviews...Realize some people are eternally unhappy and they are usually the loudest, others would never speak an ill word about someone or something else. I believe myself to be a fairly even-minded person but my review is also colored by my experience. Experiences are subjective; mine, negative reviewers, and glowing reviews. Yours would be too. Give the company a chance, give the people here a chance. The 'risk' is worth the reward.

Cons

I have hardly a thing to complain about I am compelled to list a few areas of improvement. If you are looking for a job to make you rich quick, keep chasing the rainbow for that pot of gold. The benefits are comfortable and the salary is fair; just not flashy. Our leadership has solid vision and strategy but I want more. I want a tight strategy with achievable tactics that factor environmental risks and opportunities. We are charting a new direction amidst a rapidly-shifiting techonogical environment and it will require sharp people, tactics, and a pinch of luck. I'd like more mentorship and coaching. Efforts are being made but we need more opportunities for professional and leadership development.

Continue reading

"An amazing workplace with awesome people!"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time

Pros

The first thing that I noticed when I first picked up my phone for my first interview was that Ungerboeck-ians/ Ungerfam were really nice people. Since my very first day working here, everyone has been helpful and eager to learn from one another. Managers and directors are always readily there to help you with problems that you have. We have a flat hierarchy in our organization and I find it easy to talk to everyone, even our product managers in the US. Speaking to colleagues from different regions is also pretty easy and everyone is friendly and they give it their all to help you out with questions. I have never felt singled out and I am glad to have such supportive people that I am proud to call my Ungerfam.

Cons

There might at times be stressful moments, but it comes with every single job. It is also motivation to do better. The only other thing would probably be to have more get-togethers as consultants travel often. However, still, it is a good place to work at.

Ungerboeck Software International Response

August 8, 2018HR Generalist

Thanks for the review! We're so glad you feel supported by your Ungerfam. We can appreciate the hard work a consultant must do. From traveling to working onsite with customers, it can be stressful! Thanks for all your hard work and for sharing your Ungerboeck experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 50 English Reviews