Ulta Beauty Lead Cashier Reviews

Updated Aug 11, 2020

3.4
Ulta Beauty CEO Mary Dillon
Mary Dillon
  1. "Ulta Beauty Experience"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time

Pros

Great experience, learn a lot about makeup and beauty, meet cool people

Cons

Difficult to get people to sign up

2. "A lot to learn but not that bad"

Former Employee - Beauty Advisor/Cashier

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time

Pros

The employee discount is amazing and usually the people you work with are so fun!

Cons

Working in retail can be tough and sometimes it’s easy to feel like you can’t move up in your role.

"good opportunity for advancement"

5.0
    Current Employee - Lead Cashier in Chesterfield, MI

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time for more than a year

Pros

advancement, flexible schedule, fun environment, good discount

Cons

ulta demands a lot from their workers

4. "The Best First Job"

Former Employee - Lead Cashier in Goleta, CA

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time

Pros

I worked at Ulta during college and love my experience there. I learned so much, it was fun to be around beauty all day, and I had a great tea

Cons

My cons have to do with the specific managers I had at times, but honest I would have worked there any way for many years if I hadn’t moved away.

5. "Unfair, Unappreciative, and Entitled"

2.0
    Former Employee - Ulta Lead Cashier in Dallas, TX

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Discounts. Coworkers. Product Knowledge. Training. Recognition and snacks are the only rewards for doing well.

Cons

The roots of this company, the way that it works, is bound to be petty and hold favorites. They'd rather promote the employees with no intention to stay than the employees who do stay. Christmas time, theft is through the roof and should be handled very differently, such as hiring someone in-store for LP. For a while, corporate said not to call the police when a raid happens. there's no good way out, management can be hit or miss. Dress code wasn't enforced evenly. Limits creativity. Suppresses ideas and punishes if you stray away from corporate policies, yet bends them for customers all the time. "Good Cop, Bad Cop" cashier method. shady notes consistently, everywhere. Constructive criticism was never accepted professionally, if anything it was asking for more drama or punishments. Not to mention the credit card sign ups, loyalty sign ups, and data capture were all used to determine your worth there.

Continue reading

"Great Company to work for"

5.0
    Former Employee - Lead Cashier in Amarillo, TX

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Employee discount - Exclusive Employee Sales - working with brand reps - Gratis

Cons

- Busy at times - No online discount - You do a bit of everyting in the store

"Better than typical mass retail"

Current Employee - Lead Cashier in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time for more than a year

Pros

Policies are overall better than some employers as far as treatment of employees Great job for extroverts Great opportunities for growth as long as you’re self driven

Cons

Depending on the demeanor of management, how you’re treated can vary. Breaks are only given on 5+ hour shifts and it’s only 15 minutes. Lunches are only for 7.5+ shifts and no other breaks (Florida) Hypocritical leniency and punishment by management at times

8. "My experience"

1.0
    Current Employee - Lead Cashier

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really good first job. The managers were really nice and I made a lot of friends. The discount was good.

Cons

No opportunity for growth. Management only promotes their friends. The only way to get a raise is by getting promoted an annual reviews (only a couple cents). Pay isn't realistic if you live by yourself.

9. "Underpaid staff"

Former Employee - Lead Cashier

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time

Pros

Discount, salon discount, time and a half

Cons

Management, pay rate, 15 minute breaks

10. COVID-19

"Upbeat cheerleader teamwork style environment"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule for college students. Room for learning experiences. Great discounts on products and services. Great job for fresh out of highschoolers.

Cons

Getting a raise is like an uphill battle. More responsibility for only .20-.50 more cents an hour? I think not. You don't make a penny for hitting the store's enforced "credit card goals". If Im selling 7 credits a week at minimum that average a limit of $600-750 or more, why aren't we making a single cent of those sales as a bonus? You MIGHT get a full size gratis (free product) and that's it. Meanwhile, the -much -higher- ups make huge bank on those credit cards that you sell. Its a slap in the face, honestly. Also If you don't sell the credit cards at all, it affects your amount of work hours. You won't be fired, but you'll only be working 4 hour shifts at the most or barely scrape 15 hours a week.

Found 344 reviews