Ubiqus Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Ubiqus Reviews

Updated Nov 20, 2019

3.7
Ubiqus President of Ubiqus Group Vincent Nguyen (no image)
Vincent Nguyen
1 Rating

"Great mid-size company, very loyal to its employees."

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Ubiqus full-time

Pros

Very friendly co-workers, ambitious employees definitely have room to make changes in their department and be earmarked for promoting. There's room to make the job as low-key or as dynamic as you want it to be. Management puts out a lot of initiatives to improve corporate culture and day to day enjoyment. Free breakfast on Mondays, free lunch on Fridays.

Cons

The departments are sometimes set at odds with each other, and management doesn't always do a quick job of handling underperformers.

Advice to Management

Work harder at filtering out bad staff and bad processes. Encourage more cooperation between departments.

Ubiqus2019-11-20

"Not worthy"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Ubiqus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brownies and greasy lunch

Cons

bad policies bad pay No culture

Ubiqus2019-11-08
  3. "A great small company atmosphere with a large company presence."

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Ubiqus full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The first thing you will notice about Ubiqus is the tremendous diversity and high level of collegiality, people enjoy working together. Every team leader has extensive experience and is a top authority in his/her field, you will learn a lot from the best. Ubiqus actively promotes from within, aggressively and regularly. If you look for advancement you will find it! A great place to work and plenty of opportunities to shine. - Excellent PTO (18-24 days) - Casual but professional atmosphere - Serious about producing a great work product - Exciting technology initiatives - Telecommuting - Flexible work hours = good work/life balance - New CEO cares about the success of his people and the business - Quarterly town hall meetings - 4 offices: NY, NJ, LA, Irvine - 4% 401K match, immediate vesting - Three levels of healthcare coverage, + dental, vision, etc.

Cons

- More structured training programs needed - CRM/ERP system takes a long time to learn and could be easier to use - Longer wait period (1 year) for 401K - Need more/better communication between international offices - Open floor plan can be distracting at times

Advice to Management

Continue to empower managers to help their teams succeed.

Ubiqus2019-10-15
  4. "Great company for home working"

Current Employee - Transcriptionist

I have been working at Ubiqus part-time for less than a year

Pros

Plenty of work, reliable payments and flexible, interesting work from home.

Cons

Can be hard to balance work/home life but can be overcome with some discipline!

Ubiqus2019-06-17
  5. "Great team, amazing professional growth"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Waterford

I worked at Ubiqus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working in Ubiqus, in the Waterford office for 3 years. It was supposed to be a short period for an experience abroad but it turned to be much longer. The team is the thing I miss most, very nice and smart people that on the occurrence work together to tackle new challenging projects. There is a "Social Club" as well, so that you can do nice activities after work (this is chosen by the employees with polls). I have to say I am very happy with the time spent there and with all the things I learned. I moved to Dublin for personal reasons otherwise I wouldn't have changed company. Being in a new company now I can see how all the things I learned in Ubiqus puts me in a position of advantage with my colleagues.

Cons

Industry is going a bit too much towards the MT / post-editing

Ubiqus2019-06-05

"School Culture"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Ubiqus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good place to start a career in sales

Cons

Treated like a child with assigned 1pm lunch breaks and 6pm finish. All movement within and outside office is monitored. Low Salaries.

Advice to Management

Treat people like adults and you will be surprised at the respect you may command.

Ubiqus2019-06-05

"Avoid if you can"

I worked at Ubiqus full-time

Pros

Maybe could be a good place to start a career.

Cons

Terrible! - much procrastination - inefficient - unfriendly

Ubiqus2019-03-18
  8. "A great experience!"

I worked at Ubiqus

Pros

A great team and a supportive environment, which balances freedom and guidance effectively and allows you to really grow professionally + fast career progression for dedicated employees

Cons

Collaboration and communication between departments could improve

Ubiqus2018-12-18
  9. "Good Post-Grad Position"

I worked at Ubiqus full-time

Pros

okay pay skill development networking training

Cons

not much progression in status or pay

Ubiqus2018-11-30

"Hearing reporter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Ubiqus part-time

Pros

This is a very flexible company that will not punish you if you call out, for example. If you are looking for a non commitment position or for some extra money and don't need this job to pay your major bills, it's not bad actually. The hearings can be very boring but people are usually nice and there are many breaks, sometimes longer breaks where you can even go for a walk as long as you are responsible enough to return when you have to.

Cons

There is no room to grow. They prefer to hire people from outside than invest in people who are already there, people they already know, which is strange. They simply assume that you are not fit for the position you apply for and that you don't meet certain requirements even though they can easily train you for any position there, really. Be mindful when accepting any position with Ubiqus because you will not grow and if you are a court reporter, you will always be a court reporter. They treat court reporters as the ones at the very bottom, meaning, you will never get invitation for the Christmas dinner or for the Thanksgiving Potluck. No matter how reliable and hardworking you are, you will not go anywhere. They expect your full availability but if you are in school, chances are, you won't get the days you choose unless they are very busy.

Advice to Management

Change your mentality.

Ubiqus2018-12-17