Ubiqus Reviews

Updated Mar 30, 2020

3.7
Ubiqus President of Ubiqus Group Vincent Nguyen (no image)
Vincent Nguyen
1 Rating
Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay, bad PTO, horrible incompetent CEO(in 3 reviews)

• "no room(in 3 reviews)

"thanks for 22 years, now we're firing you."

Former Employee - Transcriptionist

I worked at Ubiqus part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work from home, evenings and weekends

Cons

Had to beg for a pay raise. Got one in 22 years. They NEVER EVER offered one.

Continue reading

"Great mid-size company, very loyal to its employees."

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Ubiqus full-time

Pros

Very friendly co-workers, ambitious employees definitely have room to make changes in their department and be earmarked for promoting. There's room to make the job as low-key or as dynamic as you want it to be. Management puts out a lot of initiatives to improve corporate culture and day to day enjoyment. Free breakfast on Mondays, free lunch on Fridays.

Cons

The departments are sometimes set at odds with each other, and management doesn't always do a quick job of handling underperformers.

"Not worthy"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Ubiqus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brownies and greasy lunch

Cons

bad policies bad pay No culture

4. "A great small company atmosphere with a large company presence."

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Ubiqus full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The first thing you will notice about Ubiqus is the tremendous diversity and high level of collegiality, people enjoy working together. Every team leader has extensive experience and is a top authority in his/her field, you will learn a lot from the best. Ubiqus actively promotes from within, aggressively and regularly. If you look for advancement you will find it! A great place to work and plenty of opportunities to shine. - Excellent PTO (18-24 days) - Casual but professional atmosphere - Serious about producing a great work product - Exciting technology initiatives - Telecommuting - Flexible work hours = good work/life balance - New CEO cares about the success of his people and the business - Quarterly town hall meetings - 4 offices: NY, NJ, LA, Irvine - 4% 401K match, immediate vesting - Three levels of healthcare coverage, + dental, vision, etc.

Cons

- More structured training programs needed - CRM/ERP system takes a long time to learn and could be easier to use - Longer wait period (1 year) for 401K - Need more/better communication between international offices - Open floor plan can be distracting at times

Continue reading

"Great company for home working"

Current Employee - Transcriptionist

I have been working at Ubiqus part-time for less than a year

Pros

Plenty of work, reliable payments and flexible, interesting work from home.

Cons

Can be hard to balance work/home life but can be overcome with some discipline!

Ubiqus Response

HR Manager

Thank you for the review of Ubiqus; we are happy that you are having such a positive experience. We are only as good as the sum of our parts and value the relationship with the transcriptionists working with us.

6. "Great team, amazing professional growth"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Waterford

I worked at Ubiqus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working in Ubiqus, in the Waterford office for 3 years. It was supposed to be a short period for an experience abroad but it turned to be much longer. The team is the thing I miss most, very nice and smart people that on the occurrence work together to tackle new challenging projects. There is a "Social Club" as well, so that you can do nice activities after work (this is chosen by the employees with polls). I have to say I am very happy with the time spent there and with all the things I learned. I moved to Dublin for personal reasons otherwise I wouldn't have changed company. Being in a new company now I can see how all the things I learned in Ubiqus puts me in a position of advantage with my colleagues.

Cons

Industry is going a bit too much towards the MT / post-editing

"School Culture"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Ubiqus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good place to start a career in sales

Cons

Treated like a child with assigned 1pm lunch breaks and 6pm finish. All movement within and outside office is monitored. Low Salaries.

Ubiqus Response

Director

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback on the company as it is an important way for us to learn about our employee’s (past and current) experiences and make any necessary adjustments. We are glad that you feel it is a good place to start a career in sales but I’m sorry to hear that you felt like you were treated like a child in relation to any breaks or the finish time. Everyone has flexibility with when they take their lunch break and the idea that people take it earlier or later does in fact suit the team because it means that people are here in the office to deal with anything urgent, if necessary. As for the 6pm finish time, we make sure that our working hours are communicated to each employee before they commence work at Ubiqus, so we are sorry if this was not expected when you joined. We are a service business and therefore we have taken the commercial choice to provide opening hours that cover our client’s opening times in order to provide the best coverage possible for their needs. Every employee here has an important role to play and we encourage our team members to come with ideas and to challenge decisions that are made. We hope that this sort of mentality will create mutual respect between all employees within the company.

"Avoid if you can"

I worked at Ubiqus full-time

Pros

Maybe could be a good place to start a career.

Cons

Terrible! - much procrastination - inefficient - unfriendly

9. "A great experience!"

I worked at Ubiqus

Pros

A great team and a supportive environment, which balances freedom and guidance effectively and allows you to really grow professionally + fast career progression for dedicated employees

Cons

Collaboration and communication between departments could improve

10. "Good Post-Grad Position"

I worked at Ubiqus full-time

Pros

okay pay skill development networking training

Cons

not much progression in status or pay

Found 25 reviews