USHEALTH Advisors Reviews

Found 699 of over 967 reviews

3.5
USHEALTH Advisors President and CEO Troy McQuagge
Troy McQuagge
Pros
  • "Helping Other People Everyday (HOPE)(in 94 reviews)

• "Getting to help other people everyday(in 47 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours dialing people who mostly don't want your phone call - most are not real leads(in 29 reviews)

• "Probably won't make money for 30(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Former employee, never going back

Jun 18, 2017 - Field Sales Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a former agent who started at US Health in 2014 and then advanced high enough to open a top 10 office with over 20 agents I feel I have a lot of valuable information to share with anyone considering a career here. First of all, before I explain why I am never going back, let me say that for new agents thinking about joining the industry, or seasoned agents WILLING TO LEARN, this is probably the best insurance opportunity in America. NO insurance company I have ever worked for prior or since pays as much in commission as USHA and NO insurance company has a product that is as innovative. Also, I'm not going to rehash what everyone else has already said, it is not a 9-5 job and if you are willing to put in the work it WILL pay off. All that being said, your success depends a LOT on your up-line. I am the 5th or 6th manager that has left this particular division. At some point, you would think the company would listen to the complaints from the other agents in this division. Sadly that has not been the case. I have had numerous former agents calling me crying about what the office has become, but unfortunately, they are fairly stuck. My advice for anyone considering a career is to ask for a report from the office, and look for yourself at how many people they have and how well they produce. The best managers have teams with consistent sales. Choose one of those, otherwise you WILL regret your time here. Choose the right office and this job WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Cons

Unless you are a great self-starter and at the top 1% of the game, you will fail unless you choose the right team.

412 people found this review helpful

USHEALTH Advisors Response

Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments regarding USHEALTH Advisors. If you'd care to share your insights further, I'd like to gain more perspective on the issues you raised. Please email me directly. bill.shelton@ushadvisors.com. UPDATE: I'm happy to report that this individual did reach out to me. We had a very positive conversation that resulted in a subsequent posting here on Glassdoor. To get the rest of the story, please see the July 25th posting entitled "I am really impressed".

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I love the culture! Great Company and Benefits!

Jul 26, 2021 - Sales Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I can truly say that the company cares about their clients as well as their agents. I have seen managers break their back and stay long hours to see their agents succeed. I've also seen agents connecting with the clients and it makes me proud to work for a company with great benefits, who truly cares. I've been in the industry for years and I actually can say, I own the policy I sell. So I feel comfortable relating to the clients.

Cons

Work environment, it's great. Awesome managers and leadership. It's a grind, you have to work hard, be present and know your material. They are very serious about helping the client accurately. Be on top of your game and don't be late, and you will be fine. Great company.

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Gains more than necessary off agents

Jun 22, 2021 - Licensed Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love my coworkers and surrounded by hard workers and I sold a lot, just "glorified" fixed indemnity plans.

Cons

If your client doesn't fit into the matrix of your plan you can't help them meaning you literally just wasted time and money but not only that your consistently telling clients you can't help them which is AWFUL. They charge you a 9% interest on your advance which wasn't disclosed during my training at all, this should be illegal. They charge their agents "building fees" just to work there. And when you try to work from home to save money to invest in more important things like leads you are punished. They charge you for their CRM system which means they probably don't own the rights to it because they wouldn't need to charge for it if that was the case. I've watched agents lie to clients on the floor about the plans, put them on plans that WOULD NOT EVEN COVER COVID, and even hang up on clients when they couldn't help them. I also watched as someone next to me called my lead two minutes after I had called them. They aren't allowing me to become Vested with my book of business meaning they always own a part of it. They also are STILL selling the same plans over and over again and not adapting to the climate of what's going on in healthcare reform.

USHEALTH Advisors Response

Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your time and your comments. We appreciate your perspective and we'd like to offer our own, as well. Unlike other plans that may be available, USHEALTH conducts full underwriting up front on its insurance applicants. We do this to ensure that our customers can rest easy, knowing that their insurance coverage will work for them ... because they've already been medically approved for the coverage. With regard to advances, its important to remember that an advance is a monetary loan ... just like you might get from a bank. Just like any bank loan ... interest is charged on the outstanding balance. Advances are offered as a way to help agents improve their cash flow. That said, agents always have the choice to forego the advance and simply be paid on an "as-earned" basis. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "building fees" however, it is not uncommon for agents to invest in their own business by contributing toward office expenses. Entrepreneurs and self-employed individuals have been doing this for decades ... so I'm not exactly sure why this is problematic for you. By the way, as independent contractors, agents are always free to choose when, how and where they perform their duties under the USHA contract. I'm not aware of any punishment for those who choose to work from home. Agents typically pay a fee to access the CRM system for purposes of conducting business. Using an authorized CRM system allows agents to access leads from the company. Again, agents are not required to use or pay for access to the system ... it is simply a matter of choice and investment into your business. I'm afraid I must take exception to your allegation that our plans "WOULD NOT EVEN COVER COVID". This is simply not true. Further, USHA does not endorse or advocate abhorrent agent behavior. Agents who are caught misleading or mistreating customers are dealt with swiftly and judiciously. While I appreciate your comments regarding vesting and plan designs, I'll simply say this ... USHEALTH agents are independently contracted to perform certain duties for the purpose of acquiring customers for USHEALTH Group insurance carriers. The customer relationship is with USHEALTH Group carriers ... not with the independently contracted agent. The plans sold by USHEALTH Advisors are proven to resonate well, with our niche market ... so I'm not really sure why we would want to change that. Again, thank you for your time and your comments. If you'd like to discuss these thoughts further, please feel free to contact me at bill.shelton@ushadvisors.com.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFE TIME

Feb 13, 2021 - Insurance Agent in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

US Health Advisors is the opportunity of a life time. This job will give you the ability to become financially free in as little as one month. The leadership team here TRULY cares about your success professionally and financially. They will invest so much time and money in you in order to see you succeed, even if you're not the most amazing sales person right away. If you're open minded they will groom you into a sales producer that makes millions of dollars a year. All you have to do is, shut up, show up, and be coachable. Are the work days long? Yes. Most successful people work long days. If you want a mediorce 9-5 job then I hope you're happy with a mediocre income because thats what a 9-5 will give you. The money and opportunity is all sitting here waiting for you at USHA. The leads are amazing, the leaders above you will do every thing they can to help you attain your goals, and the insurance sold is the BEST insurance on the market for the right people SO, the product basically sells it self. If you don't make it here, you only have yourself to blame. I started 3 months ago and my FIRST whole month selling I made $17,000, and its only gone up since. So if you're ready to learn, you're ethical and hungry for money this is the job for you.

Cons

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! What are you waiting for?

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great opportunity for the right person

Feb 13, 2021 - Health Insurance Specialist in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

This position is not for the faint of heart, and will not work out for you if you're lazy. It is an amazing opportunity to make 6 figures within your first year, but you have to be willing to work for it. The culture is unlike any other, everyone is so motivated, optimistic and willing to lend a hand. Leadership is always there to help and makes sure that you're successful if they see you putting in effort. As for salary- you get paid big commissions while also building a residual income that builds relatively quickly. The company recently put in place bonuses for high performers that equate to what some people make in years of working. If you consider yourself a hard worker, this is for you!!

Cons

If you want to call it a "con", you work a lot of hours. In any commission-based career, you get what you put in. In my opinion, time goes by quickly every day because you stay busy and you're surrounded by your friends. The hours are necessary in the beginning, but you don't NEED to work those hours forever because eventually you have steady business coming in, and your residual income will continue to grow.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

If your ready to succeed they provide a great receipt!

Mar 25, 2021 - Licensed Insurance Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

This place so no joke! If you can make it through the 13 week challenge and hit their goals you are set up for success. They provide you with hands on training six days a week. If you need to see what success looks, sounds and feels like, look no further.

Cons

At times it feels like a pressure cooker but not every one is a gem in this industry. If your personal life consumes more than 30 hours a week this job may not be for you. Politics in the office can be toxic for those employees that do not align.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing

Jul 1, 2021 - Licensed Health Insurance Agent in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. Drives you to stay motivated and achieve new levels of success

Cons

Personally didn’t look at anything as a con but rather a learning experience

8. 1.0

This Company is a scam

Jun 10, 2021 - Licensed Agent in Fort Myers, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a fun place to work

Cons

There’s so many...you’ll be lied to from day one when they tell you they’ll reimburse you for getting your license, they’ll pay you pennies on the dollar for your commissions and they’ll keep the rest of it and then they’ll take back the business and you’ll end up owing them. There’s only a handful of people who actually make good money there and it’s the people running the show. Everyone else is disposable and replaceable.They hire in large groups weekly because they can’t keep anyone there. You have to have a lot of money in savings to start working there. Cold calling 60 hours a week. You might make 1 sale a month. Plus everyone they sell to has to have a lot of money and be in perfect health. Good luck finding those people to sell to.

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 3.0

Phone sales

Jul 21, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Solid company, good training. good infrastructure

Cons

Constant calling, not for me

10. 3.0
      Current Employee

Have $5k upfront to invest in leads, or it will take 6 months to catch up

Jun 30, 2021 - Insurance Agent in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people in the office

Cons

To keep your head above water, you need to spend $1k per week on leads to play the numbers game because half of the leads are made up and the other half are being given to 100s of other US Health Advisor agents to call

Viewing 1 - 10 of 699 Reviews