USAA "call center" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

USAA Employee Reviews about "call center"

Updated Mar 11, 2020

3.6
USAA CEO Wayne Peacock
Wayne Peacock
Pros
Cons
  • "The first year on the phones are the hardest if you do not have previous call center experience(in 363 reviews)

• "Very much out of touch with its military membership(in 127 reviews)

Reviews about "call center"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great if your ok with doing the same thing over and over, every day, non stop"

Current Employee - Senior Member Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at USAA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great benefits, great people, gym/starbucks/multiple cafes, bonus structure all awesome. The training is perfect to help you succeed in the role you are in if you are a part of the call center. Also they pay for continuing education up to $10,000/yr.

Cons

hard to move off the phones, there isnt a big focus on internal hire for staff positions. If you do get off the phones its because 1. you know someone who knows someone or 2. your coming in on your days off or sacrificing breaks and lunches to shadow in other areas for up to 6 months-1 year. If you are not ok being tethered to your computer and every minute of your work day looked at for adherence purposes and doing the same thing over and over, then its not the job for you

USAA2020-03-11
  2. "Good company"

Current Employee - Auto Claims Adjuster in Tampa, FL

I have been working at USAA full-time for more than a year

Pros

good benefits, great management, stable

Cons

stressful, high expectations, call center environment

USAA2020-03-05
  3. "Overworked and underpaid"

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The benefits are great, that is what kept me around. But those benefits have been eroding over the last few years.

Cons

If you are in service or claims (call center), it is a meat grinder. Stress is through the roof, turnover is very high, and every single second of your day will be hectic because the workload is unmanageable. Search "USAA layoffs" before applying. Employees are steadily being replaced by low quality contractors.

USAA2020-03-06
  4. "Good overall company/benefits package."

Former Employee - Consultant/Project Manager in Addison, TX

I worked at USAA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits, 401k Match 8%, Wellness Allowance

Cons

High call center advisor turnover due to short shelf-life and substandard income progression.

USAA2020-01-08

"Good Benefits, Horrible Work Environment"

Former Employee - New Member Solutions Senior Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Benefits only positive thing I can think of other than when applying for new jobs employers see you worked at USAA more than 5 years and are more eager to job offer you because USAA used to be known for only hiring quality employees.

Cons

Horrible direct managers in call center areas of USAA. Can have 1 good manager, and then a terrible manager that will only care about numbers and metrics. Pushy sales tactics are taught to employees in this department in order to meet metrics. If you have a higher moral standard and respect for Military and want to really help them when offering insurance policies they can afford management will ask why you did not write the policy that was 600.00 more than what they already have? Why did you not get them to say yes to the bank account (even though banking was not a good solution for that particular individual) I always had good numbers but it was more because I was ethical and do not lie to potential members. In the almost 6 years of working here I witnessed colleagues use bait and switch tactics, writing policies the customer was unaware were issued, and bank accounts opened and offered as free bank accounts just open accounts and policies to meet metrics for the department. Not much room for advancement in this department, had colleagues with masters degrees that had been in the same position on the phone for 10 years. To advance to a higher position in this department it’s more who you know because not many spots open up. Before becoming a work at home employee would see colleagues in weekly coaching in tears. Managers will tear you down and make you feel worthless in the call center side of USAA. If you can handle the stress of thinking you are going to lose your job everyday and an incredibly mismanaged department be my guest and work here. I have been a member of USAA for 14 years I can say after seeing from the inside of what goes on and company practices I am not as proud to say I am a Member of USAA. Do not ever file an employee relations complaint against a manger even if it is warranted, the no retaliation policy does not exist.

USAA2020-01-14
  6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Property Claims Adjuster in Tampa, FL

I have been working at USAA full-time

Pros

Lots of benefits. Great atmosphere

Cons

Lots of phone calls. But it is a call center

USAA2019-12-10

"usaa is great!"

Former Employee - Senior Member Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a great company and they care about their employees. Competitive pay and benefits.

Cons

I did not want to leave USAA, but a call center job just isn't for me. I hope to come back to USAA in the future.

USAA2019-11-17

"Poor Experience"

Current Employee - Auto Claims Adjuster in Tampa, FL

I have been working at USAA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, helping veterans. End of year bonus.

Cons

Claims is just a call center. They try to suggest that you have ownership over your claims and that you can help members, but it is just an inbound call center. Only metric they cared about was how many inbound calls you took. 20+ voicemails a day and no time to return the calls.

USAA2019-12-11
  9. "Awesome for military families and everyone associated"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at USAA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training, care and attention, autonomy, decent money, advancement is good

Cons

call center is always busy, if you consider that a con-- none, other than that

USAA2019-11-07
  10. "Just started"

I have been working at USAA full-time

Pros

Benefits, Growth, Awesome company, and Opportunities.

Cons

Call Center/Metrics and that's all I can think of that might be cons but I haven't really started yet.

USAA2019-10-01