What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "It's got great benefits and you get out of it what you put into it" (in 3283 reviews)
- "The pay Is good depending on rank and the majority of it is not taxed which is nice." (in 1182 reviews)
- "Great job security that fulfills the desire to do your part for the country you love while learning a valuable trade." (in 922 reviews)
- "Great people that pour their heart and soul into a job to get optimum results." (in 757 reviews)
- "Great training and you experience cultures in a way you can't understand by going on a vacation." (in 648 reviews)
- "At times pulled some long hours and worked in some challenging locations in the world." (in 1858 reviews)
- "Poor leadership that did not let others help in processes that could have been more effective." (in 988 reviews)
- "Time away from family can be rough and long hours" (in 589 reviews)
- "No work life balance for you and family" (in 579 reviews)
- "Poor management but improving" (in 257 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of US Navy and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 3,791 of over 29K reviews
Updated Sept 24, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "pay and benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Oct 30, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Rewarding work, with clear impact. Pay is good with promotions and raises built in and clear (based on years worked). On the job training and educational opportunities are great.
Work life balance can be awful, weekends, months away from your family, but that is part and parcel with the military. Leadership can either be great or awful, so that is a craps shoot.
- 4.0Apr 24, 2018Anonymous ContractorCurrent Contractor, more than 3 years
The military pays with a salary so you get a guaranteed paycheck on the first and 15th of each month
There is no over time pay so some days you are working longer than you are compensated