Found 131 of over 521 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Flight benefits are great when you have the time time to use them althought they are on standby basis only." (in 70 reviews)
- "Great benefits and hours." (in 69 reviews)
- "It's great to work with so many great people." (in 33 reviews)
- "Great travel Benefits!!!!" (in 32 reviews)
- "I had the huge luck to work with some amazing coworkers." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of US Airways and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "free flights"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Oct 9, 2014Baggage Services and CateringFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsPhiladelphia, PA
Flight benefits and the ability to transfer from work areas provides the ability to never get too bored at work.
Don't get sick! Every day you use counts as a point and you get disciplinary action up to and including termination. Unless you know the right people, you get hung out to dry.
- 3.0Sept 18, 2010Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Flight benefits are great when you have the time time to use them althought they are on standby basis only. great for family too.
Never know when the next round of layoffs are going to come, espicially if you are part-time. Layoffs used to be determined on seniority now it is part-time first then full time. We have 25 year part time employees being furloughed while 3 year full time employees hold a position.
- 4.0Aug 14, 2015Fleet Service AgentFormer Employee, less than 1 yearPortland, OR
The flight benefits are really great(if you can get on and if there's an empty seat). The co-workers are really cool and fun to work with. Being around the airplanes is also interesting and enjoyable at times.
Can be very stressful with trying to get the planes to depart on time and being around a loud and dangerous environment. Loading and unloading aircraft can be rough sometimes too.
- 3.0Oct 24, 2014Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Excellent flight benefits and expanded network with the merger with American
Horrible Salary, Horrible work hours if no seniority1
- 4.0Aug 25, 2014Flight AttendantFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsPhiladelphia, PA
Good work life/balance. Great benefits. Travel perks. Flight Attendant Employee group was great and supportive union.
The company was always fighting with different employee groups which had a negative impact on the overall morale. Trickled down to the customers in different ways/ poor customer service.2
- 3.0Sept 29, 2014ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsPhoenix, AZ
Most of the benefits the company provide are competitive topped off by the flight benefit which are very generous. For the most part work expectations provides for a dedicated employee to maintain a good work-life balance.
At times there is the impression that you need to be part of a "club" to get ahead and prosper. If one manage to pass that threshold the opportunities become available.
- 5.0Apr 17, 2014Cross Trained AgentCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
The flight benefits can't be beat and the job is not difficult at all.
Low pay would be the only con really. The flight benefits make up for the low pay, but if you are not using the benefits or do not fly, then there is no reason to work for USAir or any airline with minimum wage starting salary.
- 5.0Dec 7, 2014Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
free flights plus out of the country it is really cheap and makes the job worth everything. its by far the easiest job ive ever had.
the working conditions as far as weather because i work in the cold.3
- 1.0Aug 31, 2016Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsMeridian, ID
Great Flight Benefits and station agreements were awesome
It's a large corporation and you are just a number to them, they don't know you personally and nor do they care!
- 3.0Jun 17, 2008Financial AnalystCurrent EmployeeTempe, AZ
First of all, the company is in a great location as Tempe and the Greater Phoenix area is a wonderful place to live. The airline industry is very interesting to work in. It is a challenging environment to work in, but satisfying. The flight benefits are also a plus as I consider this part of my benefits package. Overall positive working environment.
As we all know, the airline industry is very volatile right now with rising fuel costs so there is always a threat of cutting sercvice which would mean downsizing for the entire company. Salaries also are not the most competitive.1