Trulioo Reviews

Updated Dec 19, 2020

4.0
Trulioo Founder/CEO Stephen Ufford (no image)
Stephen Ufford
  1. COVID-19

"Great company with endless potential"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Associate in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Trulioo full-time

Pros

- Established but growing - Tonnes of hiring during covid-19 - Friendly, innovative team - Diverse culture

Cons

- nothing so far - that is it

"Use it as an entrance into tech industry..."

2.0
    Former Employee - Administrative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Trulioo full-time for more than a year

Pros

- CEO had great energy, vision and practiced what he preaches (gone now) - the product is great; the more your read about FinTech in the news, the more you realize the impact it has on others internationally - office location

Cons

- CFO (now replaced) and COO silo employees - Incestuous culture with rumours & high-school-like drama. - When people are actually having fun - management got suspicious. - In interview, say they are open to training and support but there was none. Became afraid to ask questions as the individuals who did help were reprimanded. - cheap

3. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Trulioo full-time for less than a year

Pros

New leadership that are strong and compelling Decisive and action oriented company Focused on career paths for their employees Strong purpose that employees believe in

Cons

Should invest more into laptops Vancouver offices are in 2 buildings

"Great people in the team"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Trulioo full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Colleagues provide good advice on coding and growth; 2. Able to switch between the teams to pursue your own growth goals (QA can become software engineers; Engineers can become devOps etc.); 3. Bar for the best practices in coding is above average; 4. Interesting tasks and features to implement;

Cons

Rarely we have tight deadlines/overtime (as in absolutely any tech company in the world), but overall life-work balance is good.

"Good place to learn as a Co-op or a junior candidate"

Former Employee - Software Engineering in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Trulioo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working in the Engineering dept. It is a very good group of talents and skills, with good trustworthy Management members, you will be heard, all concerns will be discussed, and they trust you.

Cons

The department is part of a whole, the company recently got a new CEO, hope this helps to build trust as it is the main issue in this company senior management, they do not trust their employees. The culture is not healthy, though the company has many good people specially in the leadership positions, but the turnover is very high. And the salary range is lower than the market although the company generate good revenue!! The company is full of juniors and coops, not many seniors are attracted to join due to those elements, which makes the company's talent growth very poor.

August 25, 2020

We value your feedback. Trulioo has a good talent pool of resources at all levels. Many of them have grown with the company in various senior positions. As a company we engage in market research to help us get advice on our compensation areas. It is our constant endeavour to keep nurturing our engaging culture.

6. COVID-19

"Excellent onboarding, awesome team, well-paced training!"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Trulioo full-time for less than a year

Pros

The corporate culture is very positive, and it's been a great experience joining the team so far.

Cons

Currently, the office is closed, but that's a factor that's not within anyone's control. I'm looking forward to joining my team in person.

August 25, 2020

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide the thoughtful feedback. Trulioo office is open and staff members have the option to go to office if they want to. We are following all the required safety protocols during this unprecedented times.

"Amazing place for students to learn and grow"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Trulioo full-time

Pros

- Strong mentorship from skilled developers - Lunches provided twice every week - Good work life balance

Cons

- Not really that I can think of

August 25, 2020

We appreciate your feedback.

"Good product market fit but that's it"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Trulioo full-time for more than a year

Pros

- People want the product, it has a good product market fit - Steve is a charismatic CEO and is good at selling our vision - Lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays is nice

Cons

- For a company built on the idea of trust, there is none internally - They time track employees and will call you out - No real sense of culture, feels forced. Opportunity for you to hangout with coworkers once a month for 1 drink after 5pm on a Friday.....great. - Always doing the bare minimum. They used to only grant 2 sick days a year and when everyone was coming into work sick their solution was to give us sick masks. Finally bent to the constant complaints and gave us five days. - Awful work from home policy - Stopped giving shares to new employees (IF YOU ARE NEGOTIATING MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR STOCK) - Low pay - Only two vacation weeks to start - Losing all their talent to tech companies that actually pay/have benefits - Bad internal communications strategy, rumors spread like crazy and sometimes you know someone is getting fired before that person knows it

August 25, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We don't time track any employee. For security reasons we do ask employees to use their access cards or sign in everytime they enter or leave the office. We strive hard at Trulioo to provide engaging culture. We have introduced many new initiatives, for e.g. vacation days for year 1 was increased to 3 weeks, we upgraded our extended health and dental plan and includes Long Term Disability and Life Insurance . We offer Education, Training and Certification, Structured a career development "P.A.T.H." program to help individuals grow at Trulioo, and general learning and development programs.

"I feel lucky to work here every day"

Current Employee - R&D Project Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Trulioo full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Special culture: People know each other, support each other, and strive to do great work together. A rare, special blend of accountability & camaraderie. - Meaningful mission: Your work contributes to increasing financial inclusion, reducing crime, and the digital transformation of the economy. - Great office & fun perks: Comfortable, modern space in perfect location with A+ views. Fun company events, free lunches 2x/ week, ping pong/foosball. - Savvy & forward-looking leadership: Execs know what they are doing, and aren't afraid to invest in new "big bets" to continue to grow the company.

Cons

No company is perfect, but I really do feel lucky to work here every day.

August 25, 2020

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide the thoughtful feedback. The feedback shared is extremely important to our team.

"It felt like I was being watched"

1.0
    Former Employee - Full Time in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Trulioo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ping pong, foosball, free lunches, product is meaningful

Cons

From my first day, they said they would check our tap ins and outs to make sure they knew who was in the building. Later, they let us know that we had been taking "too long" on our lunches. Apparently leaving the building at lunch is a bit of a no-go at this company. Fair enough, but communicate that during the interview process Management would ask where we were and who we were with, which didn't seem relevant. They seemed incredibly full of themselves, and lacked humility. A cross-company communication style appears to be to resolve performance issues with condescension, instead of talking to the person with any level of respect or decency. A lot of people were nice, but seemed very superficial, and would mainly be nice when they wanted something. I'll say this place has startup growing pains, but it might go beyond that. My advice to someone considering a job here: don't do it.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 English Reviews