TripStack Reviews

227 Comments

Tech

82.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=TripStack~1863083
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great first job

Aug 24, 2021 - Data Scientist in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Immense support for new comers Driven people who know the software inside out Tech leadership is incomparable

Cons

Covid has necessitated that I work from home and I do not know much about company culture and environment which are usually important factors for women in STEM.

2. 4.0

Great Company

Jul 15, 2021 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting technology and growth opportunities

Cons

Could be a more fun atmosphere

3. 5.0

Great Company to Work For

May 20, 2021 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good overall product direction and delivery.

Cons

A lot of change in priorities daily due to the nature of the online travel business.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Place to Learn

Mar 21, 2021 - Software Developer in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Have worked with this company for more than 3 years now. Like many small to mid size companies, the company is willing to adopt into new technologies. So you got lots of opportunities to learn new stuff. Small team size and people are pretty helpful when knowledge transfer is required. Nice place to work.

Cons

Probably because of the nature the travel industry, the requirements are keep changing and project swap in and out to hit business target. Sometimes development team have to commit to a hard timeline before the implementation plan was made. Looking forward things will get improve after the new product manager join.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

No growth, negative energy.

Mar 12, 2021 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Good teammates -Snacks and free lunches

Cons

-Negative energy and attitude from management -No growth -Low pay -Ignorant moments of racism from upper management

3 people found this review helpful

TripStack Response

Thank you for leaving your feedback and we are sorry to hear you feel this way! Despite being in an industry that has been devastated by the pandemic we continue to invest in our team. Many team members have seen growth in terms of extended missions and a few who have been promoted to take on leadership roles. We continue to spend time and resources on nurturing and grooming talent from within. We pride ourselves on providing a positive and uplifting work environment throughout the entire organization. We do this by ensuring ongoing communication through our weekly stand ups, providing employee recognition, and ensuring the team is feeling engaged in their work. We also conduct several employee engagement surveys that help us see a true reflection on how our employees are feeling towards the company and their roles. Our last survey results of 8.1 out of 10 indicate that employees have a positive outlook on the company culture, are feeling valued and engaged in their roles, and find TripStack an enjoyable company to work for. We recognize that diversity within our own employee base is essential to the long term success and vitality of our business. We have a zero tolerance approach to any form of racism or discrimination in the workplace. Our senior leadership team is involved in developing, implementing, managing strategies and programs related to diversity and inclusion efforts. If you notice, we have a healthy mix of individuals across the board/ hierarchy with a diverse representation of individuals and we truly value and harness the different perspectives that each individual brings to the table. Team members at TripStack are treated equally and we believe in the unique capabilities and strengths that sum up our workforce!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Deliver exceptional customer experiences in travel and have fun doing it!

Feb 6, 2021 - Engineering Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Revolutionizing how customers plan and book for travel providing unique combinations in flights,trains and more Gain experience in large scale distributed systems- we search and index billions of travel data points every day Have fun while doing it, get to work on a cutting edge technology stack, be a part of empowered autonomous teams that own product engineering end to end, from concept to production Travel is coming back with a bang post Covid and customers and millennials want easier , convenient ways to make booking hassle-free and Tripstack is geared for it

Cons

The pace of development is rapid, may not be what everyone is looking for

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Well funded. Embraces diversity. Good learning opportunities.

Feb 9, 2021 - Product Owner in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Well funded: the owners of the company seem to see it as a long-term investment and the company is well funded. The company will do well in the long-term. Very friendly colleagues: no cultural issues really. Everybody seems humble and ready to help. Good culture despite the challenges with Covid. Flexibility to work on different projects: there are many opportunities to get involved in different initiatives. Management is flexible. Good opportunities to grow within the company: as a growing start-up, there are many opportunities to grow. Diversity: people in the Toronto office are from all over the world and the company has offices in India as well. The clients are also spread throughout Europe and the Americas. Work-life balance: people work hard but that's not anything new in the Toronto tech scene. I would say it is pretty fair. Transparency: there’s a business and a tech town hall every week. We get regular updates on how the business is doing (revenue, sales, product, etc). Having been in opaque organizations before I can tell that the company tries to communicate as much as possible which is something I appreciate. Overall my experience has been pretty positive.

Cons

It is challenging to test new product updates during the current pandemic since not many people are flying.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worst place to work

Jan 18, 2021 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free meal once a week (not offered during covid so no Pros actually) Have a lot of money so good equipment.

Cons

Elitist and micromanaging upper management. Promised employees compensation for working over time and on weekends but did not pay - they still owe multiple employees thousands of dollars. They will flat out lie to you in terms of your role and what you'll actually be working on. Since the reviews on Glassdoor are negative, they even hire under false company names. (Yes multiple fake names). They used to post ads under sFlight Network but now they hire using their parent company name, E-traveli. Recruiting candidates on deception, you can only imagine what kind of toxic place this is to work. Don't care about their employees well being of career progression; they will just overwork you (including after hours and weekends) and underpay you SIGNIFICANTLY. DO NOT RECOMMEND

4 people found this review helpful

TripStack Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, all of our non-exempt team members/ those who are placed on Pager Duty are given on call pay to compensate for after hours and weekend hours worked. Your statement on posting ads under different companies is a misunderstanding of facts. TripStack is a wholly owned subsidiary of Etraveli (Parent company) and Flight Network is a brand of Etraveli Group. I can understand how this can be confusing for someone but please read more to familarize yourself with the association https://www.phocuswire.com/Etraveli-Group-acquisitions . Additionally we take great pride in building our team and are vested in facilitating an individual’s career here at TripStack. We have transitioned many employees within the group of companies.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee

don't waste your time, it's not relevant anymore

Jul 21, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

can not think of any

Cons

a chaotic "platform" developed by ego and cheap labor in India.

6 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Massive opportunities for growth

Jan 20, 2020 - Senior Software Architect in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The sky is the limit for anyone wanting to grow their technical skills in the travel space. Leading-edge technologies power a unique travel platform that is poised to disrupt the industry and become the leader. With a kickass CTO and plenty of really smart and motivated people to work with, this is an environment where you can accelerate your learning and make a meaningful impact to the business.

Cons

Very much a start-up atmosphere with management and process still being solidified. This is only a con if you expect to be told what to do and want no part in defining process and management to make this company truly a leader in the market.

1 person found this review helpful