Cover image for Tribe (Canada)
Logo

77 Comments

Tech

560.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Tribe (Canada)~2534039
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Tribe (Canada)? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Tribe (Canada) employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question
  1. 5.0

Great place to grow!

Oct. 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great leadership. I always feel heard and my manager looks out for our team's best interest. Whatever feedback we give, changes are made to improve our day-to-day and workplace culture. - Diverse (and amazing) team. Being a remote company, we have employees from around the world. It's incredible to learn from employees at all different levels. - I believe in the product as it continues to evolve day by day. - We work remotely! No commutes to the office and you can work comfortably in your own home. - Passionate co-founders. Their excitement and passion are infectious. - Stays true to work-life balance. We have uncapped vacations, summer half-days, work from anywhere, etc.

Cons

- Growth/Start-up pains that every small company will experience. There are a lot of moving parts, you need to be quick and agile, and willing to adapt to new changes. - A lot of "self-serve" learning. At Tribe, you are responsible for your own learning. Team members help where they can but a lot of the job is learning through experience. This isn't just unique to Tribe though, this is part of the Start-up life. - No RRSP match or stock contributions (-- yet! We aren't there yet but hopefully in the next few years). - Hard to connect with other team members since we are a remote company. But we do what we can with random donut chats via Zoom, Team meetups, Zoom events, etc.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Community of Community Builders

Oct. 21, 2021 - Content Marketing Manager in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

While many companies still seem to be struggling with the shift toward remote work, Tribe has nailed it perfectly. They offer subsidies for setting up a home office, flexible work hours, great benefits, and the company culture is fantastic. There are interest-based discussion channels and local meet-ups on weekends for those in close proximity to one another. The onboarding process was intuitive and completely painless, and they did a great job of making me feel welcome and like part of the time as soon as I joined. I also really appreciated how approachable the leadership team is, whether you're a senior manager or an intern, they're always willing to hear people out. The mission of the company (helping people help each other) also really resonated with me, and everything they do seems to be shot through with that same optimism.

Cons

Honestly, I have no complaints. The only reason I left was because I got an offer for a more senior position and even then, it wasn't an easy decision.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Tribe (Canada) team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing place to grow and work at

Jun. 5, 2021 - Product Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Remote- Friendly - Atmosphere that supports growth - Talented Team. Not only demonstrating my own potential but learning a bunch from my peers

Cons

- Miss working in an office together sometime (COVID 19 pandemic) - Not everyone is based in Toronto (There's people in just about every major city) Might be hard to sync sometimes

5. 5.0

Amazing Remote Experience

Jun. 3, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Talented people from all over the world

Cons

Start-up still experiencing growing pains, not enough incentive for bonuses and regular salary increases

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Talented group of people

May 29, 2021 - Senior Fullstack Engineer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Interesting product outlooks with continuous improvement. 2. Very talented group of people working together to create an innovative product. 3. Utilizing a good mix of technologies on the entire stacks. 4. Operations are quite transparent.

Cons

The team is relatively scattered around the globe. So in order to collaborate effectively, each member will need to accommodate others a bit.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast-growing software company with amazing people behind it

Aug. 3, 2020 - Marketing Manager in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The people at Tribe are empathetic, driven, and amazingly supportive! Open and transparent culture. - A remote-first organization that hires great people -- you'll love your co-workers. - An innovative market-defining product that's going to change the future of community building. - Great opportunity to work on big, complex projects and with well-known brands that are transforming the way their organizations are building online communities. - Strong cash flow. Also, backed by some of the top investors.

Cons

Since the company is growing rapidly, you need to be fluid. Adapting to quick changes can be difficult for some people.

8. 5.0

Fast-Growing Company with Great Working Atmosphere

Aug. 4, 2020 - Customer Success Manager in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very exciting company to work at. The team is growing very fast. If you are doing very well in your position, you would have the chance to get promoted soon. You can communicate your concerns with your managers and even the founders. The management and the founders are very good listeners. They empower the employees by giving them the chance to escalate their concerns, feedback, and suggestions to the board team. The entire team is very responsive. They always unblock you before taking care of their own personal tasks.

Cons

The company is growing so fast so the process in different departments might get changes more often. You should keep yourself updated to make sure you are not missing the new process/regulations. Although the management team documents all the updates, you still need to check out the updated process once in a while, especially when you are communicating with the customers.

9. 5.0

Amazing culture and vision

Jul. 24, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tribe is a fast-growing startup with a really bold vision. I see the impact of my work on thousands of companies every single day. Everyone is super friendly and the culture is amazing.

Cons

There is nothing worth mentioning.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Chaotic and unpleasant

Jun. 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the people were really smart and easy to work with. Fully remote options are available and work life balance is good. Unfortunately the pros end here.

Cons

The senior management lacks leadership qualities. Some of their decision making were borderline shocking, unplanned and lacked any sort of long term vision. One could easily make out that the managers had very little experience working with people and did not play according to the team's strength. They had a hire and fire policy and expectations would keep changing on a daily basis. The lack of any system was so evident but employees became the scapegoat. Tribe as a company is also very good at pointing fingers at others instead of acknowledging its shortcomings.

1 person found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Former Employee

x

Jun. 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

good company to work for

Cons

nothing was bad in the company

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews
</>Embed

Tribe (Canada) Reviews FAQs

Tribe (Canada) has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 15 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Tribe (Canada) to a friend and 100% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Tribe (Canada) employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Tribe (Canada). This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

91% of Tribe (Canada) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Tribe (Canada) 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.8 for career opportunities.