TriNet Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 31, 2020

Found 77 of over 864 reviews

3.2
TriNet President, CEO, and Director Burton M. Goldfield
Burton M. Goldfield
Pros
  • "Great people, great benefits, and rewarding compensation(in 61 reviews)

• "Good benefits and lots of room for growth and promotional opportunities(in 39 reviews)

• Cons
  • "compensation politics work life balance(in 39 reviews)

• "You have to work long hours come year end(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Down Bad

Dec 31, 2020 - Human Resources Specialist I
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great to work with, truly. I've made long term friends at TriNet that I am happy for. That's literally it. Due to the recent changes in the service model/workforce, and sky-rocketing healthcare costs (that, like its customers, TriNet is not exempt from), the pay and benefits have tremendously decreased in value.

Cons

TL,DR: if you value your work/life balance, wellness and career development....proceed to TriNet with strong work boundaries. More below: A few things: - A culture that does not support the wellness, development and support of their employees. TriNet intends to expend you for a lot of labor for very little in return. You are warned by management that you could expect an emotional/mental breakdown 6-9 months into the position. Actual quote: "you will find yourself crying in the bathroom..." - Work from home prior to the pandemic was arduous at best and inconsistent at worst. Flexibility has probably improved...not because TriNet believed it should...but because the pandemic offered no other choice. - PTO has very little flexibility for employees who are not glued to their work. Blackouts make it near impossible to spend the holidays with your family. The amount of work you return to de-incentives desire to take PTO. - Changes to the service model (which I'm sure was done in the best interest of the business, I get it) disrupted entire career paths. Many employees who intended to build a career with TriNet and some who were already doing that, were either discarded completely or placed in positions that did not align (at all) with their career development. - Management did not have the tools to support their direct reports. They are not up-to-date on information, changes and resources --sometimes giving client-facing employees incorrect information. Consistent training lack tremendously and employees (and the managers, probably) suffer for it. - Performance reviews and merit increase are as transparent as a brick wall. Client-facing employees have hard numerical metrics to abide by, while their managers cannot attest to the work they *actually* do, because they themselves are not client facing. On a bad day, clients can receive a survey and express their frustrations with that situation...congrats... now your potential increase went from 2% to 1.5%. When asked what one can do to get a higher increase, the response? "Well....a 5 rating is practically impossible. At least, that's what they told me in the training". As an HR professional myself, who managed an HR product, and advised other small and mid-sized businesses on HR matters....an "impossible" performance metric is not a good one. - Diversity is horrendous. TriNet made an entire point about how poor their DEI is and did nothing about it. Instead, they were okay with having a tile on the intranet that linked to the Gay Pride wikipedia page, or the lazy Black History tile that linked to the US Congress website or the lazy "People Matter" campaign that is simultaneously tone deaf and ironic due to the experiences of their employees....particularly employees of color.

20 people found this review helpful

TriNet Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are continuously evaluating how to ensure all colleagues have a positive experience with TriNet. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please contact us at feedback@trinet.com.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Quality Engineer

Dec 18, 2020 - Senior Quality Engineer in Dublin, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

good work life balance nice managers

Cons

technical growth is less here

TriNet Response

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We will share it with the appropriate teams.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Culture please

Nov 21, 2020 - Client Service Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and benefits are above average.

Cons

ELT - You take surveys and your employees speak out. Your selective hearing is noted and your below par culture is disappointing. The HR you preach is not what you live by and it is disheartening that as a HR company, you lack progressive HR policies. One of many examples is a lack of ability to freely work from home. I have heard on many occasions that we cannot work from home because “we see value in employees being in the office together so they can collaborate.” We are nearly chained to our desk with unnecessary adherence metrics so collaborating is nonexistent. I am a social person and truly want to work in the office but I also want my company to not make me beg to work from home when I need to. It would provide us the work/life balance we need and deserve. A black out period for PTO from November to March/April is excessive and makes the so called non-busy months terrible. We are constantly picking up the slack for others just trying to take their PTO while they can. The typical response to this would be “well you can take a long weekend!” Most people in Florida are implants from other parts of the country, and I know for me personally, I would like it to be considered for me to go see my family when it makes sense for me. I understand business need, but your policy is far to ridged. Every time I have ever expressed concern to my managers I am essentially told that I am paid well so I should keep that in mind. Lastly, the rolling occurrence policy... Deal with those who are non-performers and frequently not abiding by their schedule; Do not create a policy that punishes all for every thing that happens, regardless of the frequency. My concerns are shared by many other trinet employees and you address them with answers that go in circles and are anything but transparent and just scream micromanagement. I am so sad that I have to feel this way, that you cannot just be what we all hope for and honestly could be and still be a successful and lucrative business.

8 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0

Overall good

Nov 13, 2020 - Product Manager in San Leandro, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits, work life balance

Cons

They are still working to modernize

1 person found this review helpful

TriNet Response

Thank you for your feedback.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Too much change

Oct 6, 2020 - Senior Client Service Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and pay. I doubt I would make as much or have the benefits and perks that I have elsewhere. But there is a price to this. Middle managers are great. They care about their staff and the customers. If you can handle rapid change, long hours and want to pursue a career path in PEO, it may be for some people. But you really have to be into the culture.

Cons

Way too much chaos and change. Work/life balance suffers. Employees have workloads changed without any conversation with them. Upper middle and upper management act like they care but are so metrics driven that employees are no longer people, but rather a set of skills and abilities to be stuffed into positions. Stress levels are killer if you can't handle the changes and the metrics. People Matter is the company ad campaign...but I am still trying to find out who those people are...because they aren't my colleagues or me!

6 people found this review helpful

TriNet Response

We are happy to receive your accolades around TriNet's benefits and compensation packages, which we are proud to offer to our colleagues. We would welcome additional feedback regarding how we can better support our colleagues and clients. Please contact us at feedback@trinet.com.

6. 1.0

Not For Me

Oct 30, 2020 - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Maybe good if you really want a smaller company and you get a good manager.

Cons

I never realized how important a "culture fit" was until I worked here. They don't appreciate a healthy work-life balance. All issues I brought to my manager were immediately turned back around onto me without any resolution.

6 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Experience working at Trinet

Aug 29, 2020 - Account Specialist in Reno, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work/life balance Family culture Supervisors will work with you to exceed and excel.

Cons

There were times were we were either understaffed and not enough training.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

TriNet is awesome!

Jul 28, 2020 - Supervisor in Bradenton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, supportive leadership, and fulfilling work. TriNet has an awesome culture where excellence is the standard. The pay is higher than average for the industry and top performers are consistently promoted. Semi-annual bonuses and raises are tied to the company's performance, so when TriNet wins, you win. Executive leaders have the vision required to grow and evolve the company in a sustainable way. Work/life balance is expected and modeled by leaders, allowing everyone to take time off to recharge.

Cons

Change is the only constant. TriNet is constantly evolving to build an enduring company. While this can be difficult, it is also encouraging to see the dedication our most senior leaders have to making sure TriNet is built to last. With bonuses and raises (for non-commissioned colleagues) tied to the company's performance, you may have a very successful year, but if the company doesn't perform your bonus/raise may not be all that you expected. During busy periods you will be asked to put in the time needed to make sure TriNet is successful.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Dedicated staff excellent executive leadership

Jul 28, 2020 - Engineering Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best CEO, new technology, learning opportunities

Cons

compensation politics work life balance

10. 4.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great Company with helpful people

Jun 10, 2020 - Intern - Hourly
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible environment, great work life balance, helpful managers and teams

Cons

Nothing much really, perhaps some better food in cafeteria

Viewing 1 - 10 of 77 Reviews