Tremendous Reviews

Updated Aug 17, 2021

Found 10 of over 10 reviews

5.0

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

227 Comments

Tech

82.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Tremendous~5552232
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0

Extremely Impressed. Super happy to help them grow

Aug 11, 2021 - Lead Recruiter in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

First of all, why trust a recruiter who does the hiring here, right? If you have any questions as part of the interview process the team is super open to share candid feedback to help make sure you'll be a great fit. - Team is happy to make adjustments. Leadership does regular surveys and *actually* acts on the results. - Fully remote / work from anywhere policy. You can also mostly set your own hours. We just try to overlap from 12-4 EST. - Equity is exceptional. So is the overall pay package. I saw a substantial boost moving from AWS. - Absolutely no micro-management. I get broad problems and support to figure out how to solve them. - Amazing coworkers. Met them all at a company offsite in Utah and am genuinely inspired to work with the team. - Customers are super happy. Our reviews are great which helps keep the team feeling great about what we build and maintain momentum as we grow. - Super Transparent. We are willing to share all kinds of information and believe that clear writing and open communication allow us to grow quickly in a low bureaucracy environment

Cons

- All of that ambiguity is a double edged sword. Time needs to be spent experimenting / trying things out which doesn't always lead to good results. - There isn't a large support team. We all set strategy *and* do which means you need to be quick to ask for help and collaborate. - Not a con for me, but all the change could be tricky for some folks! We tripled in headcount in the last year and will probably do so again so you're always meeting new co-workers and dealing with a changing landscape.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best startup out there

Aug 16, 2021 - Designer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tremendous is the dream startup job. We are a profitable, growing company with happy customers, who love our product. We are self-financed, so we can scale at a smart pace without the pressure of outside investors - this is a huge difference from other startups I've worked at! Everyone on the team is smart, kind and has something unique to offer. We have a minimal meeting culture - everyone respects each others' time. There are 0 useless meetings (another big differentiator from other companies), which allows for a good work/life balance. Documentation is encouraged, which I really appreciate. We are fully remote, so you can work from anywhere. As a small team, we are able to ship often and iterate quickly. Nick, the CEO, has been working on the business with success for over 10 years. I have no doubt that Tremendous will continue to be successful, and continue to be a great place to work for years to come.

Cons

Meh... not much. It's a complex industry, so there's a lot to learn (not necessarily a bad thing).

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Rocketship

Aug 17, 2021 - Director of Business Development
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Excellent leadership/founding team -Awesome culture -Brilliant Teammates -Competitive Comp -Opportunity for growth -Autonomy -Fast growth -Ability to work remote -Market leading product in an enormous market -Incredible customer base -Rapid product development -Legendary offsites

Cons

We can't hire fast enough. We have amazing clients that are growing, new projects we want to take on, and we need more team members to support this growth.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

A truly inspiring team with the most interesting solutions in a fast-growing market

Aug 17, 2021 - SEO Lead in Kiev, Kiev
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Great product with real value for businesses. * The coolest team with experienced leadership. * Opportunities for growth - a lot of interesting tasks to form new neural connections. * Comfortable and flexible working conditions.

Cons

* It's a startup and a lot of things start from scratch, but for me that's more of a pros than a cons.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company and culture!

Aug 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's been a true pleasure working here. Leadership strikes a helpful balance, challenging employees to excel and valuing each one personally. I've enjoyed working with competent, kind team members across all roles. The company is intelligently run and agile.

Cons

As a fast-growing startup, employees are sometimes required to wear different hats and go an extra mile, but this isn't a problem if you have a team mentality!

6. 5.0

Hidden Gem in the Startup World

Aug 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tremendous is one of the greatest startups that you've never heard of. The company is growing really fast, profitable (with no VCs involved), and has an awesome team. The company is fully remote, and, unlike many other startups, truly embrace the remote culture - very few meetings, no fixed working hours, etc. Pay is typically in the top 25% of comparable companies.

Cons

Sometimes working fully remotely can make you feel a little disconnected for the rest of the team. We just had our first in-person offsite to help the team make connections, and, pending COVID, the plan is to continue those.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people, cool company, good culture

Aug 13, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

* awesome engineering culture of moving fast and shipping things but still valuing code quality * excellent team, strong engineers all around * great product and company is doing well * good, decisive management with clear communication to the team * super flexible remote culture, what matters is what you deliver

Cons

We have some legacy code I don't love but other than that I don't really have any complaints!

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast-growing company, fantastic leadership, great place to work

Aug 12, 2021 - Content Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

tldr: smart, collegial, high-powered team on a mission to dominate our industry I've been at startups before, but this one is different (in the best way possible). - We're already profitable, which speaks volumes - As a company, we listen to our clients and adapt our product according, which history has proven to be a winning strategy - The company is growing fast, but leadership is methodical about personnel growth. - Senior leaders are honest, transparent, reasonable and enjoyable to work with. They make themselves available and truly want everyone to succeed in their roles. Also, they bring a ton of relevant experience from leadership positions at previous successful companies. They're genuine people, and that's hard to beat. - The company is full-time remote and distributed across the world, which means we hire only the most talented, qualified people. It's truly a phenomenal team to join. Everyone is smart, but collegial and collaborative. - You own your space and have the opportunity to establish processes, systems and structures. Tons of room for professional growth. Overall, this is the most promising company I've worked for. Don't miss out on an opportunity to work here.

Cons

This is less of a con and more of a reality: it's a startup. We've already got a strong product and client base, but there's still a lot of work to do. But if we put in the work (as a unified team), the payoff could be life changing.

9. 5.0

Tremendous opportunity

Aug 12, 2021 - Vice President Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- highly profitable startup - fully remote - very strong business model and unit economics - 3X growth for several years in a row - very small international team - high ARR relative to the team size - anti-meetings culture - get-it-done mentality

Cons

- not all the team members have seen each other in person - fully remote means working with various time zones

10. 5.0

Great startup, 100% remote

Aug 12, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Startup environment (without the craziness) - Great salary - Great environment

Cons

- Can't think of any

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews