88% would recommend to a friend
(3234 total reviews)
Alan D. Schnitzer
92% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits; company hires with the intent to promote from within; company is all about individual personal development; company seems to pay better than competitors." (in 667 reviews)
- "Got to meet some really great people and many employees seem to genuinely like working there." (in 354 reviews)
- "Generally the expectations are reasonable and good pay" (in 332 reviews)
- "+ great environment and culture" (in 226 reviews)
- "Flexibility and good work life balance" (in 224 reviews)
- "Micro management through multiple silly reports that consume so much of your daily time" (in 212 reviews)
- "Unit managers have less claim knowledge than you and cant be relied on to give correct information" (in 127 reviews)
- "No bonuses for those who are young and single." (in 76 reviews)
- "Upper management is incompetent and makes spur of the moment decisions without looking at the long term consequences." (in 64 reviews)
- "Pay for performance means heavy work load and strong competition for advancement opportunities." (in 42 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Travelers and is not affected by filters.
Found 3,234 of over 6K reviews
Updated Dec 5, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Oct 16, 2023Cat AdjusterCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearCalgary, AB
Great people, fair salary, good benefits, reasonable work load
some disorganization with the onboarding process, could be more streamlined1
- 3.0Sept 1, 2023Senior AnalystFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsToronto, ON
Evolving tech stack, engaging work, good people
My position was discarded when they moved parts of their operation to the US1
- 4.0Aug 14, 2023Claim ProfessionalCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsOakville, ON
Great work environment. Lots of opportunity. Compensation fair.
More consideration should be given to long term food employees to work from home more than 2 days pre week1
- 1.0Aug 30, 2023AdministrativeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsVancouver, BC
Convenient location, clean offices, on-site building security is excellent
The management is dishonest, culture is toxic, static wages, no oversight, no accountability, HR frequently won't engage2
- 5.0Mar 29, 2023Customer Care SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOakville, ON
The managers are extremely supportive and it's a great team environment. Lots of room to grow and very focused on career development. Perfect place to start a new career in the insurance industry. Great PTO program and benefits. Hybrid work environment allowing staff to work from home.
Plenty of workflow changes every week. High staff turn around because most people leave due to stress or move to different departments. Not enough pay for the amount if work expected1
Travelers Reviews FAQs
Travelers has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 5,889 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at Travelers to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.
88% of Travelers employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Travelers 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.