Trailfinders Reviews

Found 279 of over 279 reviews

4.2
Trailfinders CEO Toby Kelly
Toby Kelly
Pros
  • "Great colleagues and amazing opportunities to travel along with free lunch(in 52 reviews)

• "Excellent opportunities to travel(in 48 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours with little flexibility(in 63 reviews)

• "work/life balance - Working most of the weekends and long hours(in 38 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great fair and secure company

Apr 21, 2021 - Travel Consultant in Liverpool, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Starting a job in travel a couple of weeks before a global pandemic should have been a stressful and uncertain time, however, I have been supported through every step of my employment, furloughed with pay without qualifying for the governments scheme. The training is unrivalled and given me every confidence to continue in this great company. A paid lunch is great, hours are perfect for me

Cons

I would struggle to find many, I would love to be able to have more ease in arranging leave but this could be said for many companies and is certainly not exclusive to trailfinders

Trailfinders Response

Your feedback is appreciated; it has been a challenging time but we have been entirely committed to supporting our people as best possible throughout.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

So many opportunities

Jun 8, 2021 - Travel Consultant in Bath, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Support- continual support from the whole team everyone has been in the same process and in your shoes and. Give the whole team from every level the sense of understanding and support Development - there are endless career opportunities and paths your structure your goals and have the company’s support to get you there Integrity - the company is based on the foundation of integrity we are transparent and honest with our clients about everything and the company always takes the moral high ground. Company benefits - so many benefits to working in travel if you love to travel!

Cons

Shifts vary it’s not a 9-5 job

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Brilliant job, well paid, always exciting!

Feb 7, 2021 - Travel Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good challenging roles in all departments, never bored! Every day is different! Great speaking to clients on the phone as well as in the travel centre. The travel perks are brilliant! You can easily see all corners of the world with the deals we get! Whether it’s your own holiday or travelling with the company! Lunch benefits, paid lunch every day! The people at the company are great! Even though there are 39 offices, you tend to know people from most offices. Very social! With the horrendous year that was thrown at us all last year, it is nice to work for a company with good ethics, procedures looking after clients. I feel sorry for the employees of other companies who have to speak to clients and telling them they have lost a lot of money on their trips!

Cons

If you can’t handle hard work and being on the ball for 9 hours a day, it isn’t for you. Generally sales department requires lots of weekends. I don’t like working weekends but the pros definitely out weight this!

1 person found this review helpful

Trailfinders Response

Thanks for the feedback and the balanced thoughts. Soon to be 40 travel centres btw!

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fair to work for

Jun 13, 2021 - Travel Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Professional training and continuous development. Clear pay scales and promotion timelines Travel perks Paid lunch

Cons

Annual leave availability Long hours Short lunch breaks - 30mins

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Do things the right way

May 11, 2021 - Travel Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic 5 weeks of training and continued support. Great resources to help you sell. Good educational trips. They do things the right way to support their customers

Cons

Lack of flexibility with the shifts

Trailfinders Response

Appreciate the feedback; yes client care always at the forefront.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

8 years in the Company and still enjoying it like my First Day!

May 12, 2021 - Travel Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Professionals, they look after their Staff, generous holiday allowance, Staff Travel, Free Lunch!

Cons

Very Long Hours, not many weekends off!

Thanks for the review!

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great travel perks

Jun 7, 2021 - Operations Agent in Oxford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good training, free lunch and travel fund

Cons

Long hours with some weekend working

Continue reading
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Takes care of its staff

Apr 11, 2021 - General Manager in Worcester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work with people who are passionate about travel. The company has really made an effort to connect with its staff especially during the recent pandemic, from the top down. Usually Great opportunities to travel too.

Cons

Hard work is expected, but I wouldn’t want to work somewhere where I was expected to coast along!

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Proud to work at TF!

Jan 25, 2021 - Product Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Excellent initial training (for sales). -Everyone (including the CEO) has started in the same position...sales! -Excellent opportunity to move into different aspects of the company (eg. marketing, contracting, systems) even without previous experience. -The people! Everyone loves to travel! -Additional work perks such as free lunches and travel discounts!

Cons

-When initially starting in sales, the hours can feel long with few weeks off. However, other jobs within the company are strictly Mon-Fri. -Expectations can be very high for some, but managerial support is always available to those that require it. -The company is not always as transparent as it could be - things change a lot (expected), but often not communicated well to staff.

Continue reading

Trailfinders Response

Thanks for the post and will pass on that helpful 'advice to management'...despite the current situation there is no need for doubt. We've just announced a new travel centre opening in York later this year with more on the cards, so positive and ambitious plans moving forward.

10. 5.0

Proud to work at TF

Jan 28, 2021 - Divisional Product Head - Trailfinders Travel Academy in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- A high level of support and an emphasis on training to ensure everyone has the opportunity to perform to their best - A strong work hard play hard ethos, with plenty of opportunities to travel, plus excellent travel benefits to make the most your trips - Continuous development within all areas of the business, ensuring there is always something new and exciting to get your teeth, while giving staff the confidence that improvements are always being made - A strong culture of listening to feedback from employees of all levels and most importantly providing constructive follow up feedback and where possible, action

Cons

For people who are prepared to work hard and learn, Trailfinders is an excellent place to work with good future career prospects. This answer may sound like a bit of a cop out on the question, but it is my honest opinion.

Trailfinders Response

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 279 Reviews