Trailer Park "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Trailer Park Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Apr 18, 2017

3.2
Trailer Park CEO Rick Eiserman (no image)
Rick Eiserman
Cons

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews

"Industry leader by far..."

Former Employee - Senior Producer in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Trailer Park full-time

Pros

A lot people like to complain about one thing or another which is all petty. Trailer Park is the industry leader - period!! 1) they get the best projects!!!; 2) opportunities to excel are everywhere; 3) they try to create a culture that is a good working environment; 4) financially sound (which is not the case with many competitors); 5) company has a stellar reputation with clients - hence the best projects.

Cons

Do they have issues -- of course every company does. They get into situations where the different groups bang heads because they are going after the same clients. It's a result of two things: 1) massively disruptive marketplace with Netflix, Hulu and Amazon changing the Entertainment landscape and 2) Trailer Park has exceptionally deep service offerings that are trying to evolve to meet the market. It causes a bit of chaos but who doesn't like a bit of chaos -- it provides opportunity. I have to say the location (in the heart of Hollywood) is somewhat of a nightmare especially during special events (premiers).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Focus a bit more on the employees (that's the millennial in me). Focus on tailoring you're service offering to the changing market. Do those things and TP will remain the king of Entertainment marketing.

Trailer Park2017-04-18

"Work hard, play hard...but mostly just work hard"

I worked at Trailer Park

Pros

They really do want to take care of their employees - buying your lunch/dinner if you have to work through, providing you (within reason) anything you need to increase productivity. Since the company always wants to be on the cutting edge of whatever the newest thing is, you get to be on the cutting edge of whatever the newest thing is. Exciting, enviable work environment.

Cons

Work/Life balance is lacking. People who regularly leave on time to spend time with their families are often resented. The workloads, deadlines and/or budgets can be unrealistic, but still expected which translates into lots of late nights.

Trailer Park2016-01-19
  3. "LOVED working here"

Former Freelancer - Freelance Editor in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Trailer Park for less than a year

Pros

Creative freedom, fun work environment, and very supportive producers. I worked in their video game department, and everyone was great. We would go out for lunch all the time as a department, and talk about the industry. Also, the LA office has 2 kegs upstairs with free beer for anyone working over-time. And the view of Hollywood is fantastic.

Cons

Because it's in Hollywood, it can be a little difficult to commute some mornings. But the company gives parking vouchers for a garage across the street, so at least parking is no issue. Not many downsides really.. even their cafeteria food is good. Great salad bar.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Also, open an office in Denver! I just moved here but would love to work for you guys again. Probably the best company i've ever worked for.

Trailer Park2015-08-10
  4. "Junior Art Director"

I have been working at Trailer Park

Pros

Great working environment. Lots of opportunities to move around company.

Cons

There are really long hours. So be prepared for that.

Advice to Management

A bit more appreciation of the workers.

Trailer Park2015-08-08
  5. "Intern"

I worked at Trailer Park

Pros

Positive work environment and a great team of people on every floor.

Cons

For interns, not a lot of opportunity for employment afterwards.

Trailer Park2015-04-30

"Depending on your position, it can be very good or so-so."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Trailer Park full-time

Pros

- Flexible and relaxed work environment. Work/life balance is better than most places. 8-9 hour day for the most part, well at least in my department. - The wide range and diversity of projects and execution is a huge plus and you don't feel pigeonholed - Talent is solid with a few rock-stars sprinkled in - Compensation can be fairly competitive if you've proven to be an invaluable asset - After hour office functions help to bring all the floors together and build camaraderie

Cons

- We recently acquired a competitor that went under. As stated from a previous review, the company is cramming a desk in every nook and cranny on the any floor to accommodate. - There's one department in the building that's impossible to work with and absolutely dread working with them. We all know who that is. - I understand departments can be protective of their talent. And unwilling to share resources for the greater good of the company. - Hours can be long when in pitch mode, but that's par for the course - Parking and leaving work can be a nightmare because of it's location

Advice to Management

- It's a pain getting stuff approved through IT to make our jobs easier and work more efficiently - Finally, recent hires in upper management is making steady progress in winning pitches for diversified projects

Trailer Park2013-09-02
  7. "Loving it. There are growing pains, but all in all a good solid place to work."

Current Employee - Vice President in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Trailer Park full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work environment with good benefits.

Cons

We are running out of room and the parking sucks so bad.

Advice to Management

Start buying the equipment that the teams need in order to do their jobs.

Trailer Park2013-08-13
  8. "Best coworkers ever!"

I have been working at Trailer Park full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Best part is my immediate team - I love working with them and they make coming to work a TRUE joy! They will be the reason people stay or go. - Small department within a larger company - Working with top entertainment brands - Direct manager listens to our feedback and complaints and there's a culture of trying to make improvements if you have complaints - My department truly wants to make a good working environment - Daily catered lunches (no need to pack a lunch every day) - From my limited interaction with other departments, everyone seems VERY nice, and very committed to their job and team - Honestly, everyone's work environment varies from department to department and manager to manager - Casual attire (jeans and t-shirt are OK!)

Cons

- On tight deadlines, you sometimes have to work long hours and weekends - The office location is in the middle of Hollywood (lots of tourists, crowded, panhandlers and limited number of places to eat within walking distance) - As far as I can tell HR is not too responsive, they set deadlines and then miss them with no repercussions. I generally assume that they won't help me... - People are cordoned off by department, so you have a make an effort to meet other people from other departments

Advice to Management

It appears that some C level exes distribute resources in a way that seems unfair rather than investing in the longer term potential

Trailer Park2013-02-06

"Depends what you want to do here, some areas are great, some are terrible."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Trailer Park full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ability to gain experience in a variety of sectors within the entertainment industry, as the departments often collaborate. Being so close to the entertainment industry is fun, and lots of company social events. Relaxed work environment.

Cons

HR department is sub-par. They do not handle conflict correctly or respectfully, and are not helpful in assisting you to move forward within the company. You typically must make those connections yourself with other department heads, because talent and diverse background tends to go unnoticed at times. Depending on the department, much of middle and senior management does not manage situations or their employees with maturity or respect. Very gossip-oriented environment depending on the department. A bit like high school rather than a professional and collaborative work environment between areas.

Advice to Management

Handle conflict appropriately and fairly. Spend more time assessing the talents and career growth of your current employees, providing them with an environment to succeed within the company. It's better for everyone.

Trailer Park2013-01-23
  10. "Leading creative development"

Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Trailer Park full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

a very good work environment

Cons

really long hours 3 out 5 days a week.

Trailer Park2012-11-28