Trail Appliances AB/SK Reviews

Updated May 13, 2020

4.2
Trail Appliances AB/SK President Wally Broderick (no image)
Wally Broderick

"Great workplace"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Trail Appliances AB/SK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly environment generally,it makes work easy

Cons

Honestly, i cant think of any

2. "Good people, fun and challenging job"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Calgary, AB

I worked at Trail Appliances AB/SK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Amazing showrooms ensure you are always busy and competitive Great owners who are working in the business Lots of longtime experienced salespeople and managers All of the best products to sell

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement, as a family owned company most senior positions are for family.

Continue reading
  3. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Trail Appliances AB/SK full-time

Pros

If you are looking for a career in sales, with the ability to make a great income, Trail is definitely the place to be! Family owned and operated, Trail is the largest independent retailer of appliances in Western Canada.

Cons

Sales Consultants new to the appliance industry may find the learning curve steep at first, as we carry over 50 brands of appliances. This job also requires constant training to keep up with the ever changing product lineups.

4. "Good place to be"

Current Employee - Employee in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Trail Appliances AB/SK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Been here for a while now (multiple years). Team seems good to go for product knowledge training, Customer Service within Sales and MGMT. Top notch leadership in MGMT. Definitely proven to be a customer service first company. Staff get treated well. If you work hard and try to lead, you get rewarded. Been told that there's great job security among those that want it and deserve it.

Cons

Can't think of anything here.

5. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Calgary, AB

I worked at Trail Appliances AB/SK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training and a fun environment. I loved interacting with the customers.

Cons

Working weekends is tough for a young family

Continue reading
  6. "administration and customer service support lacking"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Calgary, AB

I worked at Trail Appliances AB/SK full-time for more than a year

Pros

stable company, job security, courtesy on the job valued

Cons

customers unhappy with the answers in customer service had little recourse to receive refunds or fee adjustments; admin not pro-active or attentive in checking warranty program oversight; frustrating on the front line

September 17, 2019Director, Human Resources

We are definitely concerned about the negative experience you had in our Calgary store. We encourage all our team members to speak with their Managers, or with the HR team, so we can explore and address these problems while still employed with us. As for our warranty program and general customer service practices, we do have a number of operating procedures, processes, and documentation to support our frontline team members but certainly there is always room for improvement. We encourage our CSR team to bring forward ideas and suggestions so we can continue to improve the way we do business.

7. "Horrible Company to work for"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales in Calgary, AB

I worked at Trail Appliances AB/SK full-time for more than a year

Pros

None I can think of.

Cons

Sink or swim atmosphere. Tacky sales tactics, pure greed from the top down. Crappy hours. They say they care about customer satisfaction but actions show otherwise. Worst company I ever worked for.

August 14, 2019Director, Human Resources

We are definitely concerned about the negative experience you had in our Calgary store. We encourage all our team members to speak with their Managers, or with the HR team, so we can explore and address these problems while still employed with us. Commissioned sales roles are not for everyone as they are truly a pay for performance compensation model. It is unfortunate you felt that you had to sink or swim. We provide a one-month mentorship training model whereby you are paired with a seasoned sales consultant at all times to assist in ensuring our new consultants are well supported during their onboarding. We also then have a 6 month compensation program to gradually ease our new staff onto a full commissioned model. We understand that retail sales hours are not for everyone. However, we are pleased to offer some of the most work/life balance friendly hours for a retailer (having only one late night a week; Thursdays to 9 and shortened hours on Sunday; 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) We wish you well in your future endeavors.

8. "Amazing company to work for"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Red Deer, AB

I worked at Trail Appliances AB/SK full-time for more than a year

Pros

The staff is amazing, everyone is caring and wants to make sure that you do the best that you can to succeed in the job that you're put in.

Cons

The wages are on the low end.

9. "Good"

I worked at Trail Appliances AB/SK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good place to get work

Cons

Sometimes there are very slow periods

"Great Calgary based company"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Trail Appliances AB/SK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good working environment, support staff and services

Cons

Lot of competition and not enough commission

September 19, 2018Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We currently offer one of the better commission programs offered in the industry. As it is a true "pay for performance" system it isn't for everyone.

Found 27 reviews