TinyCo Reviews

Updated Nov 23, 2020

Found 67 of over 69 reviews

3.1
TinyCo Chief Executive Officer Chris DeWolfe (no image)
Chris DeWolfe
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Catered dinners and periodic lunches/events(in 10 reviews)

• "Great community of talented people that like to get stuff done(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management 'encourages' the implementation of ideas from other games without checking whether it's even apt for the game(in 10 reviews)

• "It's hard to make a real impact on the decision-making for the games that are made (but small effects are easy)(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, maybe lacking in direction

Oct 16, 2015 - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best people I've had the pleasure of working with. Everyone was respectful, everyone had a ton of fun, and there were plenty of opportunities to learn at regularly scheduled "learning lunches." Individual employees were given a lot of freedom in both how to accomplish the tasks they were given and the manner in which they worked, as long as those freedoms were not abused.

Cons

No clear sense of how to transition out of traditional mobile "decoration" games from management. No game designers were on staff when I was there, and after a series of layoffs employee morale took quite a hit.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Company in Flux

Jun 6, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great, smart people wanting to do good things

Cons

Management so afraid of failure they are unwilling to trust their teams

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Current Employee

Pros

Nov 23, 2020 - Produtcion Operator in Athens
      Business Outlook

Pros

Yes absolutely to be an employer

Cons

No regarding to the long hours

4. 3.0
      Former Employee

Data Analyst

Aug 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

very nice people to work with

Cons

can be super busy sometimes, many ad-hoc analysis can make the work less organized.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good, passionate people trying to make great games.

Nov 11, 2017 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There’s catered lunch a few days a week and catered dinner. Work life balance is mostly good other than understandably right before a big game release. Best coworkers you will ever work with!

Cons

401k marching is non existent. No bonuses or equity or any other structure exists to make me feel like I have a stake in company success.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Dedicated people working in a changing market

Nov 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people - Access to great brands for games - Strong employee culture

Cons

- Lots of recent changes happening. could make things choppy in the short-term

7. 3.0

Not Bad

Jun 14, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Young and open atmosphere, good resources

Cons

Sometimes strange culture, infighting and politics

Team TinyCo

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. Over the last few years, our studio has experienced a lot of growth. This includes huge new games/projects, to a handful of awesome new talent to our teams. With growth, comes some growing pains. We readily admit that we’re not perfect but have taken steps to continuing our TinyCo traditions like our annual Talent Shows and Company Picnics, as well as adding community building opportunities like our Culture Committee & Quarterly Team Outings. Feedback like yours is immensely helpful in continuing with the successes of our studio, and for that, we are extremely grateful. :)

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Reasonable Place

Apr 1, 2017 - C++ Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good IPs - Convenient location - Talented and smart people

Cons

- No proper HR - Unfriendly people - Salary well under industry standards - Average benefits, no 401k matching

2 people found this review helpful

Team TinyCo

Thank you so much for sharing your honest feedback. We’re still a small but growing studio, and always eager to improve our current practices. As we move forward, we are/will be evaluating additional ways to create a better environment for our employees. A few are already in place, such as our recent addition of 100% Company Paid Employee Medical, Dental & Vision, and Unlimited PTO. Thank you again. Feedback like this helps more than anything. :)

9. 4.0

Stable gaming studio

Mar 24, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits have improved, strong IPs, fun culture. Good work life balance. Smart and passionate people.

Cons

No commuter benefits or 401K matching. Management needs some structure.

Team TinyCo

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. We are definitely working on it! As we grow, we will continue to reevaluate our benefits & cool awesome perks for our talented TinyTeam. Just this year, we have introduced 100% Company Paid Employee Medical, Dental & Vision, Unlimited PTO and Quarterly Team Outings. Thank you again for your feedback. Your thoughts are always appreciated!

10. 5.0

A great Family!

Jan 25, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

TinyCo is growing and working on some of the best brands in the world in a great, casual and fun environment. The company has great benefits and prioritizes work/life balance over short term goals.

Cons

Some growing pains remain that the company acknowledges and works toward fixing.

Team TinyCo

Woot! Woot! For sure, this would not be possible without our family/team. :)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 67 Reviews