- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Personnel/Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labour & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA, United States Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - Oakland, CA
- - South San Francisco, CA
- - San Diego, CA, United States Area
- - San Diego, CA
- - Sacramento, CA, United States Area
- - Sacramento, CA
- - Riverside, CA, United States Area
- - Victorville, CA
- - Virginia
- - Norfolk, VA, United States Area
- - Norfolk, VA
- - Utah
- - Salt Lake City, UT, United States Area
- - Sandy, UT
- - Salt Lake City, UT
- - Draper, UT
- - Provo, UT, United States Area
- - Cedar Hills, UT
- - Texas
- - Houston, TX, United States Area
- - Houston, TX
- - North Carolina
- - Raleigh-Durham, NC, United States Area
- - Apex, NC
- - Florida
- - Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States Area
- - Miami, FL
- - Michigan
- - Adrian, MI, United States Area
- - Adrian, MI
- - Colorado
- - Denver, CO, United States Area
- - Denver, CO
- - Nevada
- - Las Vegas, NV, United States Area
- - Las Vegas, NV
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY, United States Area
- - New York, NY
- Canada - All Cities
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON Area
- - Toronto, ON
- Vietnam - All Cities
- - Hà Nội
- - Hanoi, Vietnam Area
- - Hanoi
- Philippines - All Cities
- - Manila
- - Manila, Philippines Area
- - Manila, Manila
- - Makati City
- - Pasig City
- - Cainta
- - Davao
- - Bataan
- - Cebu City, Philippines Area
- - Cebu City
- - National Capital Region
- - Rizal
Found 42 of over 501 reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Thumbtack and is not affected by filters.
- Racial and Ethnic Origin
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov. 29, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Thumbtack is a fully remote company. Great work life balance. The work is pretty easy
Gets boring sometimes not gonna lie.
Thanks for sharing your experience about your time at Thumbtack so far. If you have any feedback about your role, be sure to share that with your manager.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov. 1, 2021 - Senior Technical RecruiterRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great pay Great Work Life Balance Remote Inclusive Culture Good benefits Great company Perks Interesting projects
Wish they had 401k matching
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of working at Thumbtack. We appreciate the feedback and will pass it along!
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jul. 27, 2021 - Advanced Support RepresentativeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Thumbtack is a great place to work, they care for their employees, they have a great culture, even working remote. I have worked here over four years, and plan to continue working many more. They have excellent benefits, they care about their employees mental health and work-life balance. They have many perks for their employees, especially after going full-remote. There are great opportunities for growth within the company, and you feel welcomed, and appreciated for your hard work.
I don't have cons to share. I truly love working for Thumbtack. I work hard, and I expect that I would work hard.Continue reading
Wow, we're so happy to read this amazing review. Thanks for sharing your Thumbtack experience. We appreciate you and all of the hard work you've put in over the years.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jul. 20, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Leadership listens to employees, great benefits, work life balance, remote work, generous equity grants, great prospects for future growth
No 401k match, young managers with no experience
Thanks for letting us know how we're doing. It's great to hear that you're happy with benefits, work-life balance, and much more. We're always looking for ways to improve the employee experience and appreciate your feedback.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jul. 7, 2021 - People TeamRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Everything! The culture, the people, the pay, the benefits (considering it's a start-up), the sense of belongingness, the free healthy lunch and unlimited snacks! Every day is a day to laugh and have fun while your peers help you to meet your goals! The learning stipend is something that this company uniquely provides to help you improve in your craft. Also, WORK-LIFE BALANCE! You thought you're never gonna find the 'perfect' company? Think again!
I came from other start-up companies, too, so it's understandable to not have a solid process yet. But we can turn the tide and BE THE ONE who would help the organization discover the right way to do things.
Thanks for the love! We're so happy to hear that you've enjoyed your time at Thumbtack. We appreciate the impact you've made.
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Apr. 6, 2021 - Product Manager in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Transparent, democratic, balance view towards revenue growth and experience, strong product leadership (mostly ex Lyft/Linkedin), good work-life balance
Pretty iterative innovation on customer experience, difficult to make decisions on pro side given retention metric
Thanks for being part of the team for so long. We appreciate your feedback on our iterative nature and we've passed this along. Being transparent is a huge part of Thumbtack, thank you for contributing this to our culture.
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Mar. 26, 2021 - Business Operations Manager in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Kind, smart co-workers Genuine commitment to career development and work life balance
Moving towards a remote-first working environment so there won't be office perks like free food
Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts here. We love hearing about the respect you have for your co-workers and the excitement for career development. Moving towards a remote-first working environment will definitely bring changes, but we're excited for the future of work! Have a wonderful day. :)
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Mar. 2, 2021 - Pro Success Coach in Salt Lake City, UTRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Each and every day I am incredibly grateful to be employed through Thumbtack, as I can honestly say Thumbtack has been the best company to work for! As a small business owner myself, I absolutely love coaching pros on how to optimize their success on the platform. It's super rewarding to know that I'm helping business owners take their business to that next level! A healthy work-life balance is also super important to me. Thumbtack provides us with a good amount of PTO days, Holidays, and amazing benefits that allow me to maintain that ideal work-life balance. I love how challenging the work environment is! Thumbtack continues to push me to think outside the box, consider different perspectives, and constantly level-up on all aspects of life! And of course, the people I work with are all amazing, real-genuine people who contribute to the culture in a positive way! If you get the opportunity, I would definitely recommend working for Thumbtack!
I miss working in-office and interacting in-person with all my co-workers and having our culinary team create amazing meals for us. But also incredibly grateful for the opportunity to work from home during these challenging times.
Wow, chills! Thumbtack really is the BEST. Thank you for this amazing review and the details you shared about day-to-day life at Thumbtack. We really appreciate all the hard work you put into your job each and every day. We're so lucky to have employees like you. :)
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov. 4, 2020 - Manager in Salt Lake City, UTRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Generous PTO. Good medical, paternity, maternity benefits. Some of the staff who believe in a transparent, collaborative, employee and customer focused workplace are still employed. Fair compensation. Condones work life balance. Flexible work from home even before the pandemic. Health and safety of employees are a priority.
No longer customer focused. Sales is pushing increased revenue, but Thumbtack is purposely employing so little staff that customers wait excessive amounts of time for issues to be addressed. Older female employees do not last long here. The majority of women in senior leadership older than 40 has been pushed out or laid off by the "moral compass". Anyone with the audacity to disagree with People Ops becomes a target. Marco condones individuals in People Ops who bully, make derogatory comments publicly about employees, and have extreme integrity issues; even calling them the company's "moral compass" . All escalations of inappropriate behavior in People Ops have been brushed off possibly not even looked into. Disciplinary action is not equitable. Someone can steal thousands of dollars and still be employed while someone else will be terminated for far less. Customer support is no longer a collaborative entity. One person controls all meetings. One person speaks through the majority of these meetings. Managers were even told to stop having one on one meetings with each other. Planning used to be a collaborative process with employees on several levels providing ideas and input. Now one person creates all planning initiatives and dictates them to the team. Input from anyone at a "level" beneath Director level is routinely ignored. Titles are more important than actual knowledge. Turnover has increased exponentially in Salt Lake. The atmosphere is now that of a typical outsourcing call center. Constant back to back contacts with no end in sight. The hierarchy of San Francisco as most important, Salt Lake as 2nd class, and Philippines as 3rd class employees has returned.Continue reading
We always want to support a collaborative environment while promoting a good work-life balance here at Thumbtack. We are sorry to hear if you’ve felt a shift in our priorities for employees or our customers. Maintaining high levels of customer support while ensuring that our employees are heard and cared for is very important to us. We know that the best ideas can come from anyone at any level in our company and we value all feedback. You’ve made some concerning comments about our culture and work experience, we’d suggest you work with your own manager to voice this feedback. We’ll pass this along to ensure that your voice continues to be heard. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us here and we’ll keep striving to provide a workplace where our employees can thrive.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep. 29, 2020 - Product Designer in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Great collaborative culture. - Smart people - great for peer learning -Company really cares about employee welfare and work life balance. - Love the transparency in leadership - employees are always kept in the loop, sharing the good and the bad. - Design has a seat at the table - excellent design org, really cares about career growth and all new ideas are welcome. - Flexible time off is great. - Your work is really valued. - From a product perspective there are some very challenging problems to solve.
- Benefits could be better. - There could be better employee recognition programs.
Thanks so much for leaving this review! We're so glad you feel how important work-life balance and each and every employee is to us. We also appreciate your feedback as it helps make us better. :) Thank you for all the time and effort you put into your position at Thumbtack every day. We're lucky to have great employees like you!