Thumbtack Reviews

Found 442 of over 485 reviews

4.4
Thumbtack CEO Marco Zappacosta
Marco Zappacosta
Pros
  • "A healthy work-life balance is also super important to me(in 42 reviews)

• "Amazing company, great benefits and great working environment(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I truly love working for Thumbtack(in 56 reviews)

• "growing pains, so 1:1 time with manager isn’t as frequent as it used to be(in 28 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

64 Comments

Tech

325.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Thumbtack~414078
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Thumbtack and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Went above and beyond

Jul 21, 2022 -  in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Went above and beyond. My recruiter Craig B was awesome to work with. Always communicating.

Cons

long interview process. The company moves at a slightly slower pace compared to the (small/medium) agency world.

Social Media Support Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

2. 5.0

Great company culture!

May 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible work life balance! Great career opportunities and supportive management

Cons

Can be set in their ways

Social Media Support Manager

This is so great to hear. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Mar 15, 2022 - Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to be working

Cons

Hughes pay better benefit is grant

Social Media Support Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience of working at Thumbtack. We hope all is well!

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

very flexible job

Jan 17, 2022 - Customer Support Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice culture, salary, people. very flexible

Cons

a little difficult for career growth

Social Media Support Manager

We appreciate your feedback about working at Thumbtack!

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Security is an issue

Jan 12, 2021 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

My team was fun and had teamwork!

Cons

No work security and senior management did not care

2 people found this review helpful

Social Media Support Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us here. We want to be sure our employees feel they're being heard and that any concerns they have, like work security, are being addressed. We always value your feedback and we'll be sure to pass it along. It's a joy to know that your team worked together well and found the fun in working here at Thumbtack. We wish you all the best of luck with your next endeavor.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Best place to work.Great team, Great mission.

Jan 9, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Thumbtack provides a Extensive range of perks and makes an effort to stay competitive with their salaries. They also encourage employees to always be improving themselves and to take online courses together or even teach eachother things in an informal classroom setting if they are so inclined. The culture is warm and encouraging, and it definitely inspires great work from the employees.

Cons

With rapid growth there are of course some growing pains. For example, we are making out a new org structure for one of the departments and the changes were not communicated to the right people at the right time. It raised questions and caused the existing team, which was very passionate about what they were doing, to question decisions. That said, I think everybody learned from the experience, and now we have a VP of HR to help with this sort of thing!

5 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Excellent Culture - Bottom Up

Sep 11, 2022 - Senior Technical Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

TT has wonderful senior leadership that lets the team breathe and create with lots of freedom. Communication is very open and thoughtful. It's a low-ego environment.

Cons

Downleveling is a theme in tech, in general. Not my favorite part of TT.

Social Media Support Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of working at Thumbtack. Thanks for all of your hard work!

8. 5.0

An absolute yes!

Sep 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Thumbtack is like a hidden gem! I would highly recommend this company for working parents as they provide a lot of support - a Parents ERG as well as a very open culture that is supportive of the fact that we all have lives outside of work. The virtual-first environment is unmatched. I like that there are quarterly-ish in-person events where you can meet your team in person as well as other people across the organization. It's a very open culture that is collaborative and not good for anyone who brings a lot of ego into their work environment. It's full of low ego, very productive and smart people...lots of people from top tech companies.

Cons

If you don't like working virtually this isn't the place for you. There is a plan to build out workspaces in some cities - but there's not a lot of consistent in-person interactions with your team.

Social Media Support Manager

Thanks for your review. We're happy to hear that you are happy with ERGs, the virtual first experience, and more. Keep up the great work.

9. 5.0

Feel Lucky to work here

Aug 26, 2022 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is a Pro- they care, it’s fun, it’s fair and it’s rewarding! Company trips, excellent benefits! Flexible, and not really an 8-5 unless you want that, Very achievable KPI’s

Cons

You really need to be one who Can work independently! They hire people with experience, you need to be able to pick up things pretty easily ( not really a con at all)

1 person found this review helpful

Social Media Support Manager

We're so happy to hear about your experience at Thumbtack. We appreciate the kind words.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best company I have ever worked for

Aug 23, 2022 - Account Executive