Thumbtack Product Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Jul 17, 2019

5.0
Thumbtack CEO Marco Zappacosta
Marco Zappacosta
  1. "Passionate team working on an incredibly complex problem"

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fascinating set of problem. Thumbtack’s marketplace is several orders of magnitude more complex than I had imagined, making for very interesting challenges across all areas. - Selfless culture and management. The leadership team is lean, refreshingly humble, and free of politics. Leaders are very dedicated to creating a positive work environment, be conscious of biases, and set an example when it comes to work-life balance. - Meaningful work. Especially on the Pro side, empowering small business owners and helping them scale their business feels incredibly rewarding.

Cons

Although one of the company’s values is “Know our customers”, Thumbtack tends to have a myopic view of the problem space it is solving and the competition. It feels like we are often finding ourselves trying to re-invent the wheel.

Thumbtack2019-07-17

Thumbtack Response

July 22, 2019Social Media Support Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience with Thumbtack thus far! We're grateful to have team members like you who help make us better.

Continue reading

"Wonderful place to work"

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for less than a year

Pros

Thumbtack is the best place I've ever worked. The company is full of ridiculously impressive people who go out of their way to be humble and help each other out. There's a great deal of transparency into how the company is doing and where it's going, due in no small part to leadership that owns its promises and earns the trust of employees.

Cons

Decisions are made with a lot of care; this is a pro in its own right, but it sometimes means the company doesn't move as quickly as it might otherwise.

Continue reading
    Thumbtack2016-03-28

"Amazing team tackling huge opportunity"

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Be surrounded by incredibly sharp and driven team members. From engineering to customer operations the team is really, really strong. - Work in a collaborative, chill atmosphere. While everyone wants to build something great, people are very relaxed at work, which fosters a friendly, warm and collaborative environment. It's driven by the personalities of the founders. - Have a meaningful impact on people's lives. We're helping our customers accomplish some of their most important projects (e.g., putting a new roof over their home or planning their wedding). We're also helping our professionals grow their businesses and put food on the table for their families. This is really gratifying. And it's not just for people right around us in SF, but it's happening across the country.

Cons

- While the team is long on smarts, it's not very experienced. For people early in their career, there's plenty of mentorship, but for those who have some experience, it's hard to find a lot of mentorship within the company. The team is actively looking to bring in more experienced team members, which should change this balance in the next few months.

Thumbtack2014-07-10

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews