Thomas Sanderson Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales Designer"

Former Employee - SALES DESIGNER in Orpington, England (UK)
    Former Employee - SALES DESIGNER in Orpington, England (UK)

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good commission and supportive team and technical support. Great basic payment for first 7 weeks to get you started. Good for people new to sales and good place to start career good learning curve. Good office staff very helpful.

Cons

Not very flexible, inexperienced managers using school ground tactics of manipulation & favouritism. The top sales people seem to get the best appointments, keeping the status quo

Advice to Management

Be honest and fair to new beginners and help them grow, listen to both sides of the story when there is a dispute.

2. "Loved this company"

Former Employee - SALES DESIGNER in Sandbach, England (UK)
    Former Employee - SALES DESIGNER in Sandbach, England (UK)

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fabulous Training and support, regular meetings, amazing incentives and really generous commission structure. Products easy to sell as they are the best I have ever seen and my customers loved them

Cons

I didn't want to leave but personal circumstances said I had too. I know the door is open and cannot wait to go back : )

"Not what you're told in training."

Current Employee - SALES DESIGNER in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - SALES DESIGNER in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Thomas Sanderson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of free time (too much), if you get a lucky sale from a customer with money to burn you'll get a decent wedge from it. Training bonus for 7 weeks is rather good, but believe me you'll need this and you'll panic after week 7.

Cons

Unsociable hours, hardly any appointments, overpriced products which 95% of people cannot afford, you will be embarrassed every single time you present a price to the customer. You are told you'll get 10-15 appointments per week, I'm lucky to get 4, some weeks I've had 1 or 2 and my diary is completely open 7 days a week all 3 slots, product is hard to sell as is way beyond what other companies charge and you have to discount so much that you'll end up with nothing, to get your RPA monthly bonus you need to have had 20 appointments in the month, only one of my training colleagues managed this. Lots of wasted time with terrible appointments. Unless you have a very well thought out own business plan it will be a waste of your time, and remember you're selling £1000's of products so own business is not easy to generate for anyone. You have to attend regular meetings which could be well over an hour away. Very high turnover of staff (there's reasons for this). Overall very disappointed. Also to add on 2/3 occasions I've been underpaid. There's 2/7 left from my training group, everyone was in high spirits in our training, most of which have left the company within first 2 months. I think mainly my dissatisfaction mainly revolves around not getting my 5 appointments per week, getting 2/3 per week will unlikely get you any commission, and if you sell at 40/50% discount and it "goes towards your RPA", I won't get an RPA bonus anyway because I hadn't reached 20 appointments... therefore without own business sales you'll be earning next to nothing after week 7.

Advice to Management

Well..

5. "Sales Designer - Fabulous Company"

Former Employee - SALES DESIGNER in Birmingham, England (UK)

Pros

Fantastic training for beginners & continued advanced training
    Really lovely people to work with – All willing to help you with anything
    Constant support
    Fun & friendly atmosphere
    Beautiful products absolute pleasure to sell – The fitters are superb
    Great pay – Earned £40k+ in my first year
    Head office work really hard in qualifying the appointments

Cons

No Cons, would recommend to anyone – I have only left as expecting a baby.

"Dreadful"

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time

Pros

The product used to be the best but no longer - you are trained that the product is unique, patented, exclusive but check the internet and you quickly find the same at significantly less cost.

Cons

Poor quality appointments, poor management, expensive and RPA bonuses unachievable. Watch your commissions carefully. Oh - you can discount but most people know that the HO team can discount significantly more so you don't have a chance really. Unethical in making you call from a customers house and blatantly lie.

Advice to Management

Quit

"good"

Former Employee - Advisor in Waterlooville, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Advisor in Waterlooville, England (UK)

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great salary, good vibe, fun

Cons

management push for targets but its sales

Advice to Management

none

"Fantastic Company To Start Your Career With!!!!!"

Current Employee - Design Sales Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Design Sales Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Thomas Sanderson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working for Thomas Sanderson since November 2016.

Thomas Sanderson offer a minimum payment for any new starters finishing a sales course once they have passed. What other company offers that?

They are a great family run company who really recognise talent and reward accordingly.

The sales courses you attend after your qualifying in your interview are run to a very high standard which always has follow ups too.

You work the days/ Hours you want and always meet new people.

No day is the same, which can only be a good thing.

You are always based from your postcode and are always an hour away from home on your last appointment so the organising and day to day structuring is very good.

Cons

In all honesty, none. No negatives.

I've not yet met one person who hasn't been helpful.

It really is a great company to represent, and you always want to do well because they have such kind people there ready at hand to genuinely help you!

Advice to Management

Nothing, keep doing what you are doing. The company is run very well. A+++++++++

"Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Pros

Liars, bullies, nasty typical office staff

Cons

Bullying and intimidation are the best things to say about working at Thomas Sanderson. This applies to office staff and managers. I've seen the same new girl in tears day after day due to office bullies and nothing is ever done. Avoid this company it's all lies from start to finish.

Advice to Management

Stop acting like children and look after hard working staff and not the bullies!

5 Jan, 2017 – Senior Sales Coordinator

Thank you for your review, I am sorry you have had this experience. Would you be able to give me a call to discuss this further on 02392 236 8325. Thank you. Dottie Davies

10. "Sales designer"

Pros

Flexible, full training, excellent support

Cons

Appointments only given night before so hard to plan

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great Job! Fully supported and trained. Sorry to leave.

29 Nov, 2016 – Senior Sales Coordinator

Thank you for your review, if I can be of any assistance in the future please contact me on 02392 236 8325. Dottie Davies

"Stay Clear of Thomas Sanderson"

Former Employee - SALES DESIGNER in Birmingham, England (UK)

Pros

None whatsoever!, stay clear at all costs!

Cons

You are expected to work 6 days a week from 9am to 9pm - if lucky enough to have your diary filled you'll have 3 appointments per day and are expected to spend 3Hrs+ with each appointment and explain yourself to management if you don't! If you don't sell on the day you have 3 days to close the deal or it's passed over to an internal team to close who can discount more than you can and you don't get any commission from the sale!
    You are expected to run your own car at your own expense and try to con and pressure customers into buying the HUGELY overpriced products, even though you can discount up to 45% of their 'list' price.....but even if you do discount to the max AND win the sale on the day you'll be luck to get £20 commission from it!!
    Every Manager has their favourites (Brown nose sort, sheep!) and they will ALWAYS get the best appointments, that is the reality of the job!
    Sales Directors God Son runs the team that pick up your open quotes after 3 days - says it all really!!
    Stay well clear of them both as a employee AND as a customer - they rip EVERYONE off!!

Advice to Management

Take a run and jump to yourselves, so full of it!

29 Nov, 2016 – Senior Sales Coordinator

Thank you for your review, I am sorry you have had this experience. If you would like to discuss this any further please give me a call on 02392 236 8325. Dottie Davies, Senior Sales Coordinator.