The Related Companies Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Mar 1, 2020

3.5
The Related Companies CEO Jeff Blau
Jeff Blau
Pros
  • "Good pay, good benefits, good PTO(in 12 reviews)

• "Great work environment, very professional, excellent and qualified colleagues(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Your hard work never pays off especially due to upper management(in 19 reviews)

• "Horrible culture - similar to finance culture; Little discussion in the office outside of work; Long hours(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "great company"

Current Employee - Maintenance in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Related Companies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great to work environment, alot of progression

Cons

none i love the experience

2. "Related Companies"

Former Contractor - IT Manager in New York, NY

I worked at The Related Companies for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, very professional, excellent and qualified colleagues. Lots of perks, Yankees and Mets games, early days on Friday.

Cons

Can not think of a one.

3. "Sr Accountant"

4.0

I worked at The Related Companies

Pros

Good work environment and some extra days off for holiday

Cons

high turnover in property management industry

"Dysfunctional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at The Related Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

A biweekly paycheck is the only pro at this company.

Cons

Zero communication and vision from management. Witnessed several occasions where management used company travel expense for personal travel/lodging/meals/etc. which I believe to be highly unethical. Have had my direct supervisor on several occasions lie to me and other coworkers. Have had VP's and RM's acknowledge the company and leadership is dysfunctional but difficult for them leave because they are getting paid above market rate. Not all employees are eligible for holiday/summer early release days (was told to sneak out the backdoor so I don't hurt anyone's feelings who might not be allowed to leave early). Extreme micromanagement requiring half of the office to sign in and sign out in the lobby when leaving to use the restroom while the other half can come and go freely. Extremely stuffy corporate work environment, poor recruitment/on boarding experience, zero work life balance, zero office culture and below average benefits. The recruiter I worked with who was apparently a Manager/VP rescheduled my interviews last minute more than 5 times without any advance notice. They also explained a completely different job than what I was actually hired to perform. This was quite the surprise to discover on my own my first week. Needless to say, management has zero knowledge or understanding of workflow process and what their employees actually do or are responsible for. Poor on boarding experience and little to no communication from my manager throughout my entire time here.

5. "Great Work Environment!"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at The Related Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great work environment with a collaborative team who are extremely knowledgeable in their respective fields. -Training has been excellent, you are truly given the tools to be successful in your role. -Opportunity for growth and a progressive career path.

Cons

-No cons at this time.

6. "Great Company to Work For!"

5.0
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant/Re Certification Specialist in Harbor City, CA

I worked at The Related Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive Pay, invests in the professional growth and development of their staff, and takes great care of their properties, excellent work-life balance. Working for Related I truly felt like I was part of an A-Team of people who were goal oriented and had strong work ethic. Great company culture and positive work environment, and lots of opportunities to advance. A GEM of a Company. I would certainly come back if they buy a property in my new home state!

Cons

I do not have any cons.

Continue reading

"Chewed up and spit out"

I worked at The Related Companies full-time

Pros

this company does pay well

Cons

toxic work environment. unfair and illegal employment practices

8. "Related California"

Former Employee - Property Management/Program Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at The Related Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great employee development. An industry leader in their field. Nation wide relocation availability. Amazing management leaders.

Cons

Started to defect from a family work environment to a very fast paced corporate America atmosphere. Which could tend to forget the people who have always been there.

Continue reading

"Admin. BEWARE. Jobseekers - ask about turnover"

I worked at The Related Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting and progressive projects. Nice offices.

Cons

Often a hostile work environment. People are under so much pressure that they will not think twice about throwing others under the bus. No leadership of administrative staff or standard practices so that they are forced to constantly reinvent the wheel and negotiate every interaction. Despite their success in doing so they are never shown respect or given opportunity to grow. HR/Recruiting is certifiable. She will reveal confidential employee information to anyone at anytime, will lie and manipulate based on her current mood about who she likes, which is based solely on whether she thinks she can control you. My boss stared constantly at my chest while I was talking to him and consistently spoke down to me. I felt like I was working in the 1950's. Stephen Ross seems like an incredibly kind person and Jeff Blau and Bruce Beal are highly intelligent, so why do they let their company be run this way? You could do so much better guys.

10. "Great experience"

4.0

I worked at The Related Companies full-time

Pros

Great place to polish your interpersonal skills and networking skills. Great sense of team work environment, and plenty of opportunity for growth.

Cons

Lack of employee empowerment. Strict regulations on corporate behalf, and too often ignores employee input.

Found 14 reviews