The Myers-Briggs Company Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated Jun 9, 2020

Found 4 of over 67 reviews

3.2
The Myers-Briggs Company President and CEO Jeffrey Hayes
Jeffrey Hayes
Pros
  • "Great team with Talented people(in 5 reviews)

• "The company has a (historically) solid reputation in the Myers-Briggs name(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "decision making(in 4 reviews)

• "professional development(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Consulting

Join the conversation on

Consulting

279.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=The Myers-Briggs Company~675703
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Leadership is incompetent, when will the Board wake up?

Jun 9, 2020 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I stayed for as long as I did because I truly liked the people I worked with. The company was once upon a time a nice place to work with a good corporate culture.

Cons

Sadly there are many more cons than pros. The company consistently misses revenue goals. The senior management is entrenched and incompetent, and in any other company would have been let go. There is a complete inability to modernize the business model and decision making occurs at a painfully slow pace and seems to be aimed at protecting certain individuals. The B Corp idea is a nice one, but is not going to attract/retain employees in a competitive Silicon Valley environment for talent. The political back biting and lack of transparency make for a toxic workplace. The irony of a company selling products to develop a workforce but not putting anything into employee development itself is a sham. There seems to be little ability or desire to plan or execute strategy and when an initiative is taken on, it is under resourced. There is no vision and a void in the leadership. There's always a new idea and an excuse for why it doesn't work. No other organization would tolerate this and certainly would not retain or reward underperforming staff and executives. Bad business decisions over the past few years have hurt the company which thought that by changing its name it would magically fix. The company is on a downward spiral both from a business standpoint and from employee morale perspective.

10 people found this review helpful

The Myers-Briggs Company Response

President and CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and perceptions of the company. I apologize for this delayed response and am truly sorry to read that you have such a negative perception of myself and the leadership team. The rest of the management team and I strive to be transparent and open with all employees about the goals and objectives for the company, including the vision and strategic direction. We share that information consistently along with our financial performance during our monthly all employee company-wide meetings, as well as in my weekly update to all employees. I’m particularly concerned to read your comment about “political back biting and lack of transparency” as we strive to be open and honest with all employees. I realize that you are no longer with the company, but I’d truly appreciate it if you would be willing to reach out to me to discuss your perspective in more detail. I wish you the very best in all your future endeavors and hope we can connect soon.

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Fear based culture. Does not practice what it preaches. Company values don’t align with reality of working there.

Feb 16, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A company espousing learning and development values theoretically should be a good place to work. Not here. Bottom line driven and soulless.

Cons

Senior management cut all professional development for employees. Layoffs everywhere. Terrible and unethical management practices. You are a number working there.

13 people found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Current Employee

Soulless. Ironically, this company could use a healthy dose of self-awareness.

Dec 2, 2019 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

Witnessing first-hand how our products and services truly make a difference in people's lives. Listening to customers speak to the multiplier effect that comes from using our products inspires me and my teammates to do more for them.

Cons

Unfortunately, this is where the inspiration and motivation ends. The toxicity of the culture here is so extreme, so soul-crushing, attempts over to serve the customer over the last several years have become nothing short of Sisyphean tasks. While our narcissistic, staid, authoritarian leadership team extolls the virtues of diversity, self-awareness, and professional development, what our business model is built on, they foist superficial, ego-centric plans upon us chock full of conflicting values and demands. This results in a desperate, fear-based, transactional mode of operating, further fueling our brand’s downward spiral and pushing our offerings closer to commoditization. We've become a paradox for employees and customers. It was once rewarding working for and with CPP, has become hardly worth the effort with the even more narcissistic The Myers-Briggs Company. The state we’re currently in – our toxic culture, our soulless brand, and our smoke and mirrors mode of operating – directly reflects our leadership team’s narcissism. Their exaggerated sense of self-importance creates a major disconnect between our brand and our customers. The leadership team often looks down and belittles what customers and employees share. Instead they’ll boastfully choose to direct the company in the opposite or questionable direction “because we are The Myers-Briggs Company” – with this belief that the world envies them in their roles leading this company and brand. There is this constant need to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it. This translates into constant pressure to deliver exaggerated and questionable outputs. For example, there’s the claim that has been place front and center on our website for years, “People development solutions used by 88 of the Fortune 100 companies”. Not entirely true. This is true for the past six years. Also front and center on our website, an invitation to “join our community of independent consultants”. Not entirely true. We’ve been promising our independent consultant customers a formalized community in the form of a partner program for close to a decade now and have yet to deliver. I could go on and on with these “falsehoods”. The leadership team, particularly our CEO is preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty/the perfect mate. This translated to us acquiring our largest distributor in the UK when it would have made much more business sense to acquire a direct competitor and/or an innovative/disruptive startup. But no, against more strategic advice, he was dead set on making us an X million-dollar company at any cost (with this quick and easy acquisition). And did it cost us. In the several years since, we’ve undergone rounds of layoffs (CEO: “this is the last one”) that continue to this day. We’re now left with only a skeleton crew working in our US HQ. Not to mention, our customers have caught on to the devaluing of their importance and have since jumped ship to more advanced and user friendly, customer-centric products. The downward spiral continues. Ironically, we’re now leasing excess office space to startups. As expected with narcissists, situations quickly go awry when it comes to change or criticism. The year-after-year downward spiral has shed light on our CEOs bad decisions, particularly in this year’s performance numbers. Denying his own performance, and the performance of his biggest admirers, where then does he, along with his admirers, shift the blame? They belittle and devalue employees. Ignoring it’s at the core of our business model and failing to see the irony in his message, in a company-wide meeting the CEO announces the freezing of all professional development activities and associated budgets for employees (Note: by design, most of our workforce aren’t trained on our own products). Then he goes on to “motivate” us all to go out and market and sell our professional development products and services to organizations. Yes, this happened. And, as we all walk on eggshells around this place, no one would even dare call him out on his hypocrisy. Needless to say, favoritism and politics are the key drivers for compiling teams to tackle high-profile projects. Employees assigned to these projects receive bigger bonuses and raises. Another correlation: if you speak up on behalf of the customer, you’re deemed confrontational. Read: if you’re here for you and not for the customer, then it’s best to submit to authority. Also critically important to know, if your skin doesn’t match that of the senior management team, don’t even entertain the idea of obtaining any sort of supported professional growth here. Simply lie low, don’t rock the boat. Despite what this place professes, repression rules here. Believe this or experience the unfortunate reality of it.

13 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee

Do not practice what they preach

May 10, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked within the UK business and the people there are passionate, kind and very knowledgeable. The organisation enables you do deepen your understanding of self and others.

Cons

Politics within the organisation is strong and negative, senior management do not listen to those on the ground nor are they progressive. Very arrogant attitude towards their status within the psychometric industry. Flat structure with little room for progression and self development. Considering what they do as an organisation they do not practice what they preach.

8 people found this review helpful