The Hartford Claims Adjuster Reviews

"Overworked/Understaffed"

2.0
    Former Employee - Workers Comp Claims Adjuster in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at The Hartford full-time for more than a year

Pros

None - not one good reason to work there. Toxic environment. If you get a bad survey you are humiliated in front of the entire department each week.

Cons

Management cares only about meeting metrics, doesn’t care about the customer. Needs more employees to assist with menial tasks so that adjusters can focus on the injured worker & the Policyholder.

The Hartford Response

February 20, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. As a company committed to cultivating an environment and culture where all employees feel valued and respected, we take feedback such as this very seriously. So we can look in to these concerns, we ask that you consider providing more specific information through the EthicsPoint Reporting Service.

"Keep looking or face burnout"

1.0
    Former Employee - Auto Claims Adjuster in San Antonio, TX

I worked at The Hartford full-time for more than a year

Pros

Remote work possible if you beg for a really long time

Cons

Management is like a mean girls squad. Upper management out of touch with job requirements. You have to work off the clock to catch up, the workload is impossible and you get in trouble for not having your tasks complete. Management Metrics Surveys Metrics Surveys Metrics Surveys Career advancement for the entitled. Metrics Surveys Toxic work environment. Metrics Surveys

"I am glad I was let go, blessing in disguise."

1.0
    Claims Adjuster in San Antonio, TX

I worked at The Hartford

Pros

Absolutely nothing. Upper management may visit 2 times a year and are treated better than what you put in with your 60 hours a week but just 40 hours pay. Someone has to pay for their golf trips.

Cons

The pay may give you rose colored glasses for a minute until you learn how down hill the company is going. Toxic work environment. Profit over workers sanity is becoming a real problem. Managers have quit to join the military. Lol. If that doesn’t tell you enough?!? We were just scraping by and forced to be led by leaders who preached diversity yet treated people who were different like dirt.

The Hartford Response

February 20, 2020

"Compensation"

4.0
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture and management.

Cons

Salary & benefits are not up to industry standards.

5. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster

I worked at The Hartford full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

All great and everyone was great to work with!

Cons

None, was a great job

"Great company with many opportunities"

Former Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster in Sacramento, CA

I worked at The Hartford full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Very ethical place to work. The company itself has great values. - Enjoy the co-workers you meet - Flexible schedule, but that doesn't necessary mean there is life/work balance - PTO is generous, though you have so much work it is hard to actually use it - Has the capabilities for occasional remote work and full remote work - Growth opportunities within your department

Cons

- Overworked, there is no caseload cap here. - There is no real training. The training they have is a joke. There is a lot of on the job training, which is understandable but there are no basics given. You will have to rely on other adjusters to learn. Supervisors are not available to help train you. It is a sink or swim environment and no one will throw you anything to float on. - The system is fancy new, but has a lot of issues. They seem to "fix" a problem and more come along - Management will play favoritism - Growth is hard with other departments in the company because every one is remote and there is no personal touch - There is no loyalty for those employees who have worked there for years - There is a mentality of everyone is replaceable (which is true, but maybe don't say that to your employees) - Lacks motivation to the employees - Could be more competitive with their pay / market rate

Continue reading
  7. "Best Insurance Company Ever"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than a year

Pros

They truly value their employees and customers. Great benefits, great coworkers. Fantastic development and advancement opportunities.

Cons

Technological systems aren't always cooperative, but there are ways to work around them.

"Over all a good company but they will work you to death."

Current Employee - Commercial Claims Adjuster in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Remote work opportunities Decent pay

Cons

No work life balance Overtime rarely offered

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster

I have been working at The Hartford full-time

Pros

Flexible hours and working from home.

Cons

Can be a stressful caseload.

"Former worker’s comp claims adjuster. Spent 10 plus years with the company."

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster

I worked at The Hartford full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good company to work for. Great flexibility and work from home, good pay and pay for performance. Decent health benefits and 401k match. Generous amount of vacation time.

Cons

Very high standards and unfair customer loyalty surveys that seem to weigh more than anything. Any score received less than an 8 is a bad survey! Too many useless time consuming meetings. Not much job or room for career advancement. Alot of turnover causing high caseloads and intake. Need to obtain “badges” just to get an internal interview.

Found 74 reviews