The David J. Joseph Company Brokerage Representative Reviews

Updated Jun 21, 2021

Found 7 of over 76 reviews

4.9
The David J. Joseph Company President Mark Schaefer (no image)
Mark Schaefer
0 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0

Leader in the Industry

Jun 21, 2021 - Brokerage Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a brokerage representative, you have the freedom to create your own schedule, encouragement from management to pursue new ideas and possess an entrepreneurial mindset, and a feeling of purpose as you with with a team to achieve a higher goal.

Cons

Prevalence of relocation and cyclicality of business

Recruiting Manager

Thanks for your response. Excited that you feel the sense of purpose to achieve new goals that we encourage all our teammates to aspire to. There is a cyclicality to this business and we have been riding those waves successfully since 1885 and look forward to many years to come!

2. 5.0

Ferrous Brokerage Representative

Feb 15, 2021 - Brokerage Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great company with every day bringing something new to the table. It fosters a teamwork dynamic that challenges you to problem solve and communicate with your teammates across the U.S.

Cons

I can't think of any right now.

Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the feedback. We love hearing from our newer teammates. So glad to hear you are having a positive experience and we look forward to many more years to come!

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Sep 21, 2020 - Brokerage Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, autonomous work environment

Cons

Spend large amount of time traveling within territory

Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the feedback, We hope to continue doing what we have been doing :) We hope you do the same!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

DJJ Trader Review

Apr 3, 2020 - Brokerage Representative in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

You’re given a lot of freedom to make your own decisions and take chances to make more money for the company.

Cons

Cyclical business. Sometimes it’s very slow and other times very busy.

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time give your feedback. We really do invest a lot in new teammates and give them freedom and autonomy to make decisions and develop their business acumen while at the same time always guiding and training. By nature this industry is cyclical as it follows manufacturing and economic trends, which is why we use slower cycles to continue to develop and strengthen business strategies. Thanks again for your review and stay healthy and safe.

5. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

A respectable Company with great employees

Apr 3, 2019 - Brokerage Intern in Newport, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, interesting work, respectable company.

Cons

There are no cons with this Company

6. 2.0

Undervalue Employees

Aug 24, 2016 - Brokerage Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

In the brokerage group, from the manager level down, everyone is a great person to work with. There is a genuine team feeling that helps collaboration between offices. The job also allows you to get immediate responsibility and develop work experience and skills very fast.

Cons

Management at HQ in Cincinnati does not value the efforts of the brokers under management level. Performance is applauded and expected, yet rarely rewarded. Once a year you are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus that is always talked about as a large portion of compensation, and is almost always guaranteed to disappoint. Brokerage group upper management also does not take into consideration employee desires and wishes when considering opportunities within the company, and often times opportunities given to employees are not based on merit. Any recommendations or requests by traders falls on deaf ears and voicing a complaint or request is often discouraged. You are expected to pay your dues for 10+ years.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

DJJ

Mar 28, 2014 - Brokerage Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Flexibility in schedule (work-life balance) -Small teams

Cons

-Flat structure, lack of real culture that promotes growth -Growth is not always performance based

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews