The Co-operators "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

The Co-operators Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 21, 2019

4.1
The Co-operators CEO Robert Wesseling
Robert Wesseling
Pros
Cons
  • "Headquarters location is in Guelph which might be a bit remote for some people(in 7 reviews)

• "No work life balance, expectations and stress level is very high(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Insurance Advisor

I have been working at The Co-operators full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team members, great management, work/life balance

Cons

Pay not as competitive as other companies but the pros definitely make the workplace better than competitors

The Co-operators2019-08-08

August 16, 2019Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to recommend The Co-operators. We value work-life balance, and we agree we have a great culture. Our culture is caring and collaborative and is guided by solid leadership and the contributions of every member of our organization. Our advisors are self-employed and are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. We encourage you to share your positive feedback with your leader.

2. "Salary"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at The Co-operators full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary, Health and Dental benefits, mon-fri 9-5.

Cons

Low Commissions. Work life balance....

The Co-operators2019-05-29

June 18, 2019Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. At The Co-operators we welcome feedback so that we can continue to push boundaries for improvement. We are thrilled to hear that you are pleased with your Total Rewards and hours of work. Our advisors are self-employed and are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. We encourage you to reach out to your leader or Fabiola_tonizzo@cooperators.ca to share your concerns regarding work-life balance and commissions so they may address them directly.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Systems Developer in Guelph, ON

I have been working at The Co-operators full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Great work environment. * Work-life balance. * Supportive team-members and management * Great compensation, bonus and benefits.

Cons

* Some slightly old technologies are used.

The Co-operators2019-05-08

June 10, 2019Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Great response! Thank you for your review, we are lucky to have someone that is as passionate about The Co-operators as you are. We are proud to support a culture where employees feel appreciated and valued. We believe that employees are more engaged and satisfied with their work when they feel appreciated for their contributions. The ongoing efforts and dedication of our employees in the office and the community make this a great place to work and set us apart from other organizations.

"Analyst"

I worked at The Co-operators full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits and work life balance, a company with a fantastic moral compass.

Cons

Salary is usually on the low end of what you would expect. The type of people that work here are completely stagnant for the most part. It is not a place for innovation. The 'innovators' at this company really lack true understanding of what they are trying to accomplish. If you want a company that can advance your skill sets this is not the company to work for. Most of the people that work here are "lifers"... because its a really comfortable place to work, very rarely do they trim the fat and fire people that are out of touch. Lots of old people that can't even use excel working in technical positions. This company is fantastic at patting itself on the back.

Advice to Management

Most of middle management working in the technical side of the business is not qualified to hold the positions they do, this needs to change. Invest in actually qualified and competent leaders with a proven track record outside of the company. There are so many managers leading technical positions that are not even remotely qualified, to the point they don't even know how to properly hire qualified people. Much of... middle management are just people that speak the buzz words.

The Co-operators2019-02-10

February 21, 2019Talent Management Specialist

We are open to hearing feedback from former employees on their experience in our workplace and hope you had the opportunity to share your opinion with your leader or during your exit interview with HR. The Co-operators provides a comprehensive suite of Leadership Development programs to develop our leaders. We consistently look for ways to support and coach our people leaders to effectively support their teams. We are also committed to ensuring our total rewards package is highly competitive which includes base pay, a wide range of benefits and other reward programs that make The Co-operators a better place to start or advance a career.

5. "Personal lines claims representative"

I have been working at The Co-operators full-time

Pros

Great work Environment Flexible hours /work life balance Work from home option available Good benefits overall

Cons

Heavy work loads but seasonal

The Co-operators2018-12-14

December 17, 2018Talent Management Specialist

The Co-operators supports a balanced, performance oriented work environment and offers a number of benefits to support employees in balancing their work, family and community commitments. Thank you for taking the time to post a review of The Co-operators!

6. "Recruiting More Great People"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Guelph, ON

I have been working at The Co-operators full-time for more than a year

Pros

It’s not just what we say, the proof is in the pudding…. Our culture is caring, innovative and collaborative and we value work life balance – not just a cliché – we practice what we preach!

Cons

No company is perfect but I can honestly say, everyone has a choice and if there is something that doesn’t work – FIX IT!

Advice to Management

KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK!

The Co-operators2018-12-06

December 17, 2018Talent Management Specialist

Thank you for your positive review. The Co-operators is a different insurance company as we are part of the co-operative business sector. Our business is built on the values of honesty, caring, hard work, family and community making this “a BETTER place to work".

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Guelph, ON

I have been working at The Co-operators full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work/ life balance A company that truly cares about their employees and clients

Cons

Nothing I can think of

The Co-operators2018-08-21

August 27, 2018Talent Management Specialist

Thank you for your positive review! The Co-operators truly is an insurance company unlike any other. As a co-operative, our business is built on the values of honesty, caring, hard work, family and community. Our clients are very important to us and we’re committed to satisfying their needs by increasing the sustainability and quality of life within their communities. We're also very committed to our employees and do our best to not only create a work environment where they feel valued, but one that can support work-life balance though flexible work schedules. These are just a couple of the ways that our organization is a “BETTER” place to work!

"Claims Representative II - Accident Benefits"

Current Employee - Claims Representative II - Accident Benefit in Toronto, ON

I have been working at The Co-operators full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing Work Life Balance, positive Company Culture, Supportive Benefits Package and Pension Plan, competitive compensation, Work from home flexibility. Definitely an Insurance Company that cares for it's clients and has them at the heart of their decision making.

Cons

Smaller Offices can make you feel more detached from networking, future job progression may be difficult. Overall, very little negatives to say about the company.

The Co-operators2018-08-07

August 10, 2018Talent Management Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback on your work experience at The Co-operators. We support a balanced, performance oriented environment offering a number of benefits to support employees in balancing their work, family and community commitments. Our national claims team are knowledgeable and trusted professionals who serve our clients with compassion making this “a BETTER place to work”.

9. "Manager"

I have been working at The Co-operators full-time

Pros

people, systems, locations, products, price

Cons

work load, work life balance

Advice to Management

hire more

The Co-operators2017-09-27

October 10, 2017Talent Management Specialist

At The Co-operators we are open to receiving feedback from current employees as we realize there is always room for improvement. Our values foster a commitment to transparent, effective , two-way communication among all employees and with organizational leaders. We encourage you to discuss your concerns with your leader or HR Consulting so that they can be addressed.

""A Place You Can Call Home""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moncton, NB

I have been working at The Co-operators full-time for more than a year

Pros

**You don't start a job with The Co-operators, you start a career.** -Amazing staff (friendly, helpful, resourceful, and outgoing); -Positive work environment (work/life balance, transparent & open communication, training & development opportunities, and recognition); -Advanced technology (systems and equipment); -Competitive salary; -Excellent benefits & pension plan; -Paid volunteer days, personal days,... and vacation time; -Bonus program & product discounts; -Endless growth opportunities across Canada (on location or virtually) for bilingual and English only applicants.

Cons

Like any other company: Policies, procedures, and organizational structure changes all the time. These changes can often be seen as a negative (especially during the transition period as communication and new implementations can take time); however, I understand the need for change and am open to it.

Advice to Management

Continue offering support, guidance, open & transparent communication. Thank you for all you do!

The Co-operators2017-05-08

May 11, 2017Talent Management Specialist

We agree with your comment “ You don't start a job with The Co-operators, you start a career.” When you work for The Co-operators, you’ll be part of a culture that’s warm, caring, engaging and rewarding. This outstanding cultural character didn't just happen; it's been guided by solid leadership and the collaborative contribution of every member of our organization, past and present. You’ll be part of a team that works hard to develop an inspiring organization and an enjoyable place to work.

Found 173 reviews