The Co-operators Reviews

Updated Aug 4, 2020

4.3
The Co-operators President, CEO Robert Wesseling
Robert Wesseling
Pros
  • "Having access to work from home as needed is a great way to achieve a sustainable work-life balance(in 30 reviews)

• "Good positive work environment with opportunity to become an agency owner(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "Registered office in Guelph (Ontario)(in 10 reviews)

• "no cons that can think of today(in 8 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Representative in Mississauga, ON

I worked at The Co-operators full-time

Pros

Great work environment as a young professional starting their career.

Cons

Many customer service complaints, comes with the territory though.

July 22, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for your review! When you work for The Co-operators, you’ll be part of a culture that’s warm, caring, engaging and rewarding. This outstanding cultural character didn't just happen; it's been guided by solid leadership and the collaborative contribution of every member of our organization, past and present. You’ll be part of a team that works hard to develop an inspiring organization and an enjoyable place to work. Our total reward package, which includes base and incentive pay, a wide range of benefits, paid time-off, flexibility in work scheduling and other rewards is very competitive.

2. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK

I worked at The Co-operators full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are for the most part genuine.

Cons

The lack of future advancement.

Continue reading

August 10, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

At The Co-operators we are open to receiving feedback from former employees which helps us continue to learn and grow. As an employer The Co-operators strives to create a culture in which every employee feels valued, supported and inspired to do their very best. Leaders are accountable for having regular one on one conversations with employees in an effort to support job satisfaction and career development.

3. "Great benefits"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Cambridge, ON

I have been working at The Co-operators full-time

Pros

Great culture, community. Learning and growth opportunities

Cons

no cons that can think of today

July 22, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review! The Co-operators invests in the development of employees to support their learning and career enrichment. At The Co-operators our comprehensive package of rewards meets the needs of our diverse workforce.

4. "Okay Experience"

2.0
    Current Employee - LIR in Mississauga, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Co-operators full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, great benefits, good pay, good bonuses

Cons

A lot of office politics, high work load, money focused rather than customer focused

July 23, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your experience. Your feedback means a lot to us and we will take your concerns into consideration. As an organization, we consistently look for ways to support and coach our people leaders to effectively support their teams. We are committed to creating a positive work environment and observe the highest level of ethical practice.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Guelph, ON

I have been working at The Co-operators full-time

Pros

Flexibility, benefits, work environment, colleagues.

Cons

Job titles may be the same but the responsibilities within those jobs may vary greatly.

July 23, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

6. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Learning and Development Specialist in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at The Co-operators full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company really invests in their employees well being through benefits and professional development by paying for professional education. Strong moral compass as well.

Cons

Lots of contracts keep you bouncing around.

March 16, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review The Co-operators. At The Co-operators, we foster continued well-being for staff by promoting healthy choices and creating awareness through a number of wellness benefits and programs. In addition, our dedication to our employees continued development shows in our investment in training programs, paid tuition and leadership programs. We all work hard to further develop an inspiring organization and an enjoyable place to work.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at The Co-operators full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Treat employees well. Good compensation package They care about your development and career aspirations. They are client focused so have a great reputation within the community. Solid team environment, lots of welcoming, knowledgeable professionals within the office. Work life balance is on point.

Cons

None- it is the best company in the industry :)

March 17, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for recommending The Co-operators! Our organization supports a culture of collaboration, respect, integrity and teamwork and applies our Code of Ethics, HR policies and co-operative values to our workplace. In addition, development planning is an integral part of our performance planning process. Employees partner with their leader to establish development goals. Just as our co-operative values guide how we run our business, they are inherent in the way we treat our employees making this “a BETTER place to work.”

"Decent Company to work for"

Current Employee - Insurance Advisor
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Co-operators full-time for more than a year

Pros

3 weeks vacation to start with, decent Benefits

Cons

not a lot of room to grow in the office unless you go commercial

9. "good"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at The Co-operators full-time

Pros

good place, nice people and team

Cons

no cons yet, will update later...

March 17, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Staff of The Co-operators are a part of a culture that’s warm, caring, engaging and rewarding. This outstanding cultural character didn’t just happen; it’s been guided by solid leadership and the collaborative contribution of every member of our organization, past and present. We all work hard to develop and inspiring organization and an enjoyable place to work.

10. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Guelph, ON

I have been working at The Co-operators full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible working hours, Dress for your day, Paid Volunteer Days, Diversity , Continuous learning environment, mentoring

Cons

Head offices are not in the big Metropolitan Cities

March 17, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. As a Co-operative, we have a distinct culture rooted in our co-op values, which is reflected in our commitment to learning and development, our collaborative spirit and our approach to supporting Canadian communities. Keeping up with our co-op values, we encourage you to give back to your community. Employees receive up to two paid volunteer days each year to work with a local organization of their choice.

Found 204 reviews