The Acquisition Group Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

Found 30 of over 434 reviews

4.1
The Acquisition Group Vice President of Operations Farid Vaziri (no image)
Farid Vaziri
Pros
  • "It is a friendly and welcoming work environment with lots of opportunity for growth(in 31 reviews)

• "The pay is base salary plus commission which is good for entry level(in 20 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours some days, disorganized at times(in 59 reviews)

• "One of them is direct marketing door to door - from our experience one of the most efficient ways to have way more conversations with prospects(in 34 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Supportive Work Environment

Jan 20, 2021 - Quality Assurance Specialist in Burnaby, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Supportive teams - Safe and welcoming work environment - Opportunity to expand one's skill set - Develop professional rapport - Potential for career growth

Cons

working a bit after hours few days of the month

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

5 years with the company and excited about further growth opportunities!

Oct 21, 2019 - General Manager in Abbotsford, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

We have unlimited income and growth opportunities! I have personally started from an entry level sales position almost 5 years ago while I was still in school. And after finishing my Masters degree in Accounting I've decided to give it a 100% rather than going into Accounting field because I have seen way more rapid growth opportunities and I have seen the rewards I am going to get for my hard work and it all worked out perfectly! I got to a GM position and started to run my own business within a business 3.5 years after my start date. It took me only 3.5 years to get to a 6 digits income, so I consider it fast pace. It would take way longer in Accounting field to grow to the same level I suppose. On top of that we have very supportive and fun work environment and the greatest team culture you'll ever find ;)

Cons

A lot of people might be scared of the commission structure at first, but if sales is a right fit for you and challenges only boost your productivity and motivate you to overcome them, you don't need to worry about the commission pay structure. We have over 400 employees and they all have their bills, rent, mortgages, etc and this structure gives opportunities for them to not only pay their bills and live from a pay cheque to pay cheque, but also travel and enjoy quality time with their families. Yes, you won't become a great salesman over night if you didn't have experience in sales. This position requires right attitude, consistent effort and perseverance! But the more efforts you are going to put in the more rewards are going to come back your way. We do quite a bit of direct marketing too, and some people might consider it a con, but in the end of the day sales are about conversations and we are using the most efficient ways of getting more conversations with potential customers. One of them is direct marketing door to door - from our experience one of the most efficient ways to have way more conversations with prospects. And as a result the scale of sales is not even comparable with other sales channels.

3. 5.0

Great place to work at

Nov 10, 2019 - Telus Living Well Companion in Burnaby, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at TAG full-time for less than a year. It is a friendly and welcoming work environment with lots of opportunity for growth. The teammates are likable and always helpful. My team lead is very knowledgable, supportive and passionate about his job. TAG offers a positive work culture, good pay, great work location and also a good work-life balance.

Cons

I have no cons about working at TAG

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Fun & Friendly Environment

May 7, 2019 - Office Administrator in Surrey, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoyable work environment, great company culture and awesome teamwork. I started as a a part timer and after a few months or so, as the team grew bigger, I was asked to work as a full timer. The Acquisition Group has provided me with skills that I can always use to further my career. As friendly as the managers were, they were also respectful and professional. There is flexibility, especially for someone like me, who was taking classes, there were days where I had exams or other school matters to deal with, and I was always able to get those days off to focus on school. No one was ever to busy to help out or for questions.

Cons

No company is perfect, there is always a few things that can be improved, but I would certainly not call them cons

Human Resources Team

Thank you for sharing your growth with us! Part-time options are great for people who want to take control of their career but have other commitments. We support ongoing development and make sure that our team is given the resources needed to be successful in both school and their career. We really value your feedback and your commitment to this great team. The Acquisition Group

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture, collaborative work environment

Nov 5, 2019 - Recruitment Specialist in Burnaby, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing team members, fun and energetic working environment. Awesome annual trips and team nights. There is always a room for growth and development opportunities. Great company values and they always take care of their people.

Cons

Can't think of any cons

6. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Team Atmosphere At It's Best!

Oct 25, 2019 - Anonymous Contractor in Burnaby, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team of people, flexible working environment, room for growth.

Cons

Must be a self starter.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company to work with!

Jun 11, 2019 - Recruitment Coordinator in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent earning potential Career advancement opportunities Incredible support from upper Management Great culture and working environment

Cons

Nothing to add to this category

Human Resources Team

Thank you for sharing your experience! It is rewarding for our management team to hear that you are feeling set up for success in your role. When people join our team, we want them to feel welcome and supported right away. We value your insight so that we can always improve and provide the best training and support, as well as a fun and team-based environment. We look forward to seeing you continue to grow your career with us! The Acquisition Group

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Marketing Manager

Mar 1, 2019 - Marketing Manager in Edmonton, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work Environment and extensive room to grow. No matter who you are or what background you come from you have a chance to succeed. Hard work and commitment can take you to where you never knew you could go.

Cons

Cons vary from each person. What some might consider a con others can consider a pro.

Human Resources Team

Thank you for sharing with us. We believe in providing equal opportunities for people to find their passion and fuel their success. Hard work absolutely deserves to be rewarded. It means a lot to see that your perspective into your time with The Acquisition Group is aligned with the values we live and breathe each day. We appreciate the time you took to leave this review. Thank you, The Acquisition Group

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A mixed environment

Oct 24, 2019 - Marketing Consultant in Victoria, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly Work environment and team nights

Cons

Lack of strategic direction and low commissions

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best job I've ever have had

Aug 21, 2013 - Senior Marketing Consultant in Edmonton, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Acquisition Group is a great place to work because of multiple reasons. One of the positive aspects of this job are the life lessons that it teaches to all their employees. It teaches you to work as hard as you can so then you can make your life goals a reality. The work environment and the people you work with are so friendly that it doesn't feel like you're even at work! The feeling I get going to work is never dread, on the contrast to many other people I'm excited as can be to work because it feels like I'm just hanging out with good friends all the time. The Acquisition Group business model pushes people to do the best they can possibly do by being performance based. Therefore the skys the limit on how much money you make and how fast you work your way up, which is in my opinion the greatest structure for a company. This job sets people up for success not only on the job yet teaches life skills in the future! The opportunity of the job is great as well, you see the potential that you can be in any position you choose to be in from the get go. It makes people strive to be the best and to always work harder. I've also gained various skills that help me communicate better with people, not to forget the skills that will help me through my career in business.

Cons

the downsides of this job are very minor. Sometimes work can overcrowd what life throws at you especially working the hours that they expect us to work. Working in types of weather is as well however it's Edmonton's fault.

3 people found this review helpful