The Acquisition Group Employee Reviews about "long hour"
84% would recommend to a friend
(98 total reviews)
85% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Consulting
Got a burning question about The Acquisition Group? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with The Acquisition Group employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people you work with are great but the pay structure does not make sense at all." (in 38 reviews)
- "Training is great and helped me learn sales skills" (in 33 reviews)
- "The team motivates you at every step and the workplace culture is amazing" (in 25 reviews)
- "optic sales regions and made good money doing so." (in 19 reviews)
- "The culture and atmosphere is great, I feel as though I have a second family here." (in 17 reviews)
- "Long hours which is not really a con if you are focused toward your career." (in 36 reviews)
- "The compensation is 100% commission" (in 21 reviews)
- "you are constantly being used and abused by management as what you do determines how well they are paid." (in 16 reviews)
- "When I was there the pay was 100% commission based and it took up to 3 weeks after your first sale to get paid for it." (in 14 reviews)
- "Long hours and a commitment of 100%, 100% of the time is crucial for rapid success; however if you're willing to put in the work the reward is considerable and limitless." (in 14 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of The Acquisition Group and is not affected by filters.
Found 98 of over 551 reviews
Updated Dec 7, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "long hour"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Oct 17, 2021Marketing ConsultantFormer Contractor
TAG offers a great opportunity to learn and to gain skills about sales and customer facing role. It’s a great place to start your career with
Don’t expect high salaries at the beginning Also you are expected to work long hours ( pre- covid)
- 2.0Mar 21, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
If you like door to door sales you'll make awesome money. High income potential.
Door to door sales and you either make it or brake. Commission based.lots of hours lots of rejection and sometimes no results equals no pay.3
- 5.0Sept 5, 2017General ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSurrey, BC
Learning, Growth opportunity, Performance based compensation
none really. Long hours which is not really a con if you are focused toward your career.2
- 3.0Jul 12, 2017Sales RepresentativeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearVancouver, BC
People is friendly and very easy going
you have to be there two hours before selling and and extra hour after work so the job takes almost 10 hrs.1
- 5.0Sept 1, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Great leadership, the teachers really know how to teach and make sure you maximize your potential. Hard work is rewarded, great team environment
Long hours and the first few weeks can be tough2
- 1.0Oct 7, 2021Senior Marketing ConsultantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearVancouver, BC
None - unless you want to learn how to do door to door sales I guess
This place gives you a fancy title and then has you slave away doing door-to-door sales. You are an independent contractor which is very convenient for them as most people make under minimum wage when factoring in the hours. It's also interesting that they can classify you as an IC because they force you to come to the office before work and tell you where to go and what to do (it's illegal by the way but again, they don't have to pay you or give you benefits). The structure is a pyramid where each manager above you takes a portion of what Telus pays the company for a sale so you get a small portion and everyone above you takes the bulk. Do yourself a favour and take a job literally anywhere else.The Acquisition Group Response8mo
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address your feedback. We have a variety of different working structures depending upon your role; our independent contractor roles offer unlimited earning potential for commission-based sales positions. We provide our team members the opportunity for growth and reward leaders for their investments in training and development. As an independent contractor you are free to determine your own schedule and execute the work as you see fit provided it meets the contractual agreements for quality and performance standards. We are concerned by your review, as the details you’ve shared do not align with our business practices. At the Acquisition Group, we always operate under the full compliance of Canadian Labour Laws. We would love to learn more and ask that you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1 866 878 6597 at your earliest convenience.
- 4.0Feb 6, 2014Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
fun work place with lots of learning and advancements i realy love going to work every day
long hours and no steady garenteed pay
- 3.0Sept 11, 2015Junior Marketing ConsultantCurrent Contractor, less than 1 yearCalgary, AB
Lots of training Great individuals to work with Very flexible potential to move up in the company if you excel
door to door sales performance based income Long hours and if you are bad at it you wont make money
- 5.0Jun 5, 2019Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
The Acquisition Group is a relatively young company that's very high energy and fun to work for. Every day is different and it's wonderful coming in and having something new and different to take on. There are always new challenges being thrown at you and personal growth is a virtual guarantee.
There are some weeks that are long in terms of the hours required to put in but anyone who is career-focused and willing to put in the work will reap the benefits.2The Acquisition Group Response5y
Thank you for sharing your insight with us! We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed working, and found value in our team based, high energy environment! At the Acquisition Group, we strive to create a positive workplace culture, in which all of our team members can work together to achieve common goals. We look forward to you continuing your career growth with us! The Acquisition Group