The Acquisition Group Employee Reviews about "entry level"

Updated Mar 3, 2020

3.7
The Acquisition Group Vice President of Operations Farid Vaziri (no image)
Farid Vaziri
Pros
  • "Great work Environment and extensive room to grow(in 30 reviews)

• "The pay is base salary plus commission which is good for entry level(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "long hours, could be a little bit overwhelming at the begining(in 59 reviews)

• "One of them is direct marketing door to door - from our experience one of the most efficient ways to have way more conversations with prospects(in 34 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "entry level"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "5 years with the company and excited about further growth opportunities!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Abbotsford, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

We have unlimited income and growth opportunities! I have personally started from an entry level sales position almost 5 years ago while I was still in school. And after finishing my Masters degree in Accounting I've decided to give it a 100% rather than going into Accounting field because I have seen way more rapid growth opportunities and I have seen the rewards I am going to get for my hard work and it all worked out perfectly! I got to a GM position and started to run my own business within a business 3.5 years after my start date. It took me only 3.5 years to get to a 6 digits income, so I consider it fast pace. It would take way longer in Accounting field to grow to the same level I suppose. On top of that we have very supportive and fun work environment and the greatest team culture you'll ever find ;)

Cons

A lot of people might be scared of the commission structure at first, but if sales is a right fit for you and challenges only boost your productivity and motivate you to overcome them, you don't need to worry about the commission pay structure. We have over 400 employees and they all have their bills, rent, mortgages, etc and this structure gives opportunities for them to not only pay their bills and live from a pay cheque to pay cheque, but also travel and enjoy quality time with their families. Yes, you won't become a great salesman over night if you didn't have experience in sales. This position requires right attitude, consistent effort and perseverance! But the more efforts you are going to put in the more rewards are going to come back your way. We do quite a bit of direct marketing too, and some people might consider it a con, but in the end of the day sales are about conversations and we are using the most efficient ways of getting more conversations with potential customers. One of them is direct marketing door to door - from our experience one of the most efficient ways to have way more conversations with prospects. And as a result the scale of sales is not even comparable with other sales channels.

2. "Associate"

1.0
     in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Acquisition Group

Pros

They train you well and as an entry level employee it can be a great place to refine and grow your sales skills.

Cons

They say you will make so much for each signed contract. Then when you receive your commission check a large portion of the people you signed cancelled. They completely misrepresent your earning potential. This is essential a scam organization that uses you to market their products without paying you what was stated.

The Acquisition Group Response

April 10, 2020Communications Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is great to hear that you found our training process to be well-executed. At The Acquisition Group, one of our main goals is to provide ongoing development that benefits our team member's personal and professional advancement. We are concerned to hear of your feedback regarding your earning expectations. While we do offer various payment structures dependent on your role within the company, some positions have a performance-based structure which does include commissions and bonuses. The purpose of this earning opportunity is a reflection of our company’s dedication to giving individuals the autonomy to be as successful as they want to be, without limitations - financially or otherwise. Unfortunately, if a customer does not actually take the products or services you discussed, this would not be a completed sale and there would be no commissions payable as no income would be generated. As per your review, the extensive training we provide typically allows our team members and customers to gain a complete understanding of the step-by-step purchasing process, so these instances are limited. We appreciate your feedback and would like to learn more about your concerns and how we can improve. Please contact hr@theacquisitiongroup.com or at 1 866 878 6567 at your earliest convenience.

"Great Company to Work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Coordinator

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture and atmosphere is great, I feel as though I have a second family here. There's a lot of support but only where required, definitely no micromanagement. You are able to learn and progress and keep working your way up. Everyone starts at entry-level and gets promoted based on their personal achievements which really helps level the playing field and gives everyone a chance to prove themselves.

Cons

Sometimes long hours.

"Growth potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

unlimited growth opportunities , product easy to sell, lots of support from team leaders and managers, daily workshops, lots of training on sales , conducting interviews and running workshops. Everyone starts from an entry level position and slowly make your way up to management . The culture in the office is very strong and lots team activities. I highly recommend the company if you are willing to put 100 % every single day.

Cons

Need to constantly learn product knowledge

Continue reading

"Awesome People, Awesome Training"

Current Employee - Junior Marketing Consultant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people! Can't emphasize that more! The pay is base salary plus commission which is good for entry level. There is also an override compensation plan as an insentive for managers. They train you hands on. Management is always available to assist and are very accepting.

Cons

The pay could be better I guess. But it's definitely not bad.

Continue reading

"Great opportunity for growth !!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Abbotsford, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We provide excellent training for entry level sales. Its a young company so there is plenty of room for growth. Promotions are always internal and performance based. We offer an uncapped income and bonuses are available to everyone.

Cons

The job is not for the weak of heart or anyone with a slacker attitude.

"Management"

Current Employee - General Manager in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Everyone is equal. we all start from entry level position (sales) and make our way up to management. It usually takes less than a year to get promoted to management and it all depends on how much effort you are putting into it. If you are a hard working individual and looking for growth, This company is the right fit for you .

Cons

none because we are taking the job seriously. Some people might find the work hours different from their previous jobs but it takes couple days to adjust .

8. "General manager"

1.0
    Former Contractor - General Manager in Richmond, BC

I worked at The Acquisition Group for less than a year

Pros

Easy , laid back. The work was that of entry level management. Some off us were on our phones all day because there isn't any work to do.

Cons

. Workers are rude and unprofessional. Customer service was not existent nor did they allow me to improve this structure. Office is very cheap looking

"My time at TAG"

Marketing Manager

I have been working at The Acquisition Group

Pros

I started at the Acquisition Group in January of 2014 in the Vancouver office. Having just graduated from University I had little practical job experience to bring to the table. During my interview my future manager said the most important things I needed to be successful at the job was determination and hard work, that experience would come later. With these words in mind I started as a junior marketing consultant in an entry level sales role. A year later I was in a management position helping to start a new office. The only way this was possible was the incredible learning opportunities and training that was afforded to me here at TAG and every day I’m grateful I get to work with such a wonderful talented group of people.

Cons

Sometimes, especially when I was first starting, there seemed to be a ton of new information to be processed all the time and that can seem a little overwhelming. There is always 2 or 3 people around ready to help you when you need it however and as you gain more experience you become better at processing all the information until you are the one helping new people out!

Continue reading

"I love working at the call center"

TPV (Third Party Verification) in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group

Pros

I love working with The Acquisition Group, love the culture and atmosphere. I started with the company as an entry level sales, but I always have the passion for customer service and am so eager to work in call center, so I was transferred into the call center based on my performance and interest. I now work at the call center in TELUS building as a TPV! It is great experience and helps me a lot in building my communication and customer service skills. Really like the pay structure they set up. I not only get paid hourly but also commission on top of that which always motivate me to reach a little bit higher every time. I also love the fact that we get to participate in all the TELUS activities (potluck party,competition etc.). I am really glad that I made the decision to join the company at the first place.

Cons

Efficiency,Efficiency,Efficiency!! Working at call center, you will need to management your time efficiently as clock is always ticking when you are talking to customers.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 English Reviews