The Acquisition Group Employee Reviews about "door to door"

Updated May 27, 2020

3.8
The Acquisition Group Vice President of Operations Farid Vaziri (no image)
Farid Vaziri
Pros
  • "Great work Environment and extensive room to grow(in 30 reviews)

• "The pay is base salary plus commission which is good for entry level(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "long hours, could be a little bit overwhelming at the begining(in 59 reviews)

• "One of them is direct marketing door to door - from our experience one of the most efficient ways to have way more conversations with prospects(in 34 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "door to door"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "5 years with the company and excited about further growth opportunities!"

5.0
    Current Employee - General Manager in Abbotsford, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

We have unlimited income and growth opportunities! I have personally started from an entry level sales position almost 5 years ago while I was still in school. And after finishing my Masters degree in Accounting I've decided to give it a 100% rather than going into Accounting field because I have seen way more rapid growth opportunities and I have seen the rewards I am going to get for my hard work and it all worked out perfectly! I got to a GM position and started to run my own business within a business 3.5 years after my start date. It took me only 3.5 years to get to a 6 digits income, so I consider it fast pace. It would take way longer in Accounting field to grow to the same level I suppose. On top of that we have very supportive and fun work environment and the greatest team culture you'll ever find ;)

Cons

A lot of people might be scared of the commission structure at first, but if sales is a right fit for you and challenges only boost your productivity and motivate you to overcome them, you don't need to worry about the commission pay structure. We have over 400 employees and they all have their bills, rent, mortgages, etc and this structure gives opportunities for them to not only pay their bills and live from a pay cheque to pay cheque, but also travel and enjoy quality time with their families. Yes, you won't become a great salesman over night if you didn't have experience in sales. This position requires right attitude, consistent effort and perseverance! But the more efforts you are going to put in the more rewards are going to come back your way. We do quite a bit of direct marketing too, and some people might consider it a con, but in the end of the day sales are about conversations and we are using the most efficient ways of getting more conversations with potential customers. One of them is direct marketing door to door - from our experience one of the most efficient ways to have way more conversations with prospects. And as a result the scale of sales is not even comparable with other sales channels.

"Door to door sales."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Send someone you don’t like here.....tell them it is the opportunity of a lifetime Lmao

Cons

This is a scheme to get decent people to go door to door ....

November 10, 2020Communications Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us did not match your expectations. At The Acquisition Group, our goal is to provide valuable careers for individuals who are eager to learn and excited to grow. Based on this, our marketing consultant role is structured to help inspire our team members to cultivate connections, personal development skills, and career growth. As well, regardless of age, education, or experience, we aim to provide ongoing support and equal opportunity advancement to allow our team members to achieve their highest potential. Nonetheless, we appreciate your feedback as we look for every opportunity to improve. Please feel free to reach out to hr@theacquisitiongroup.com or 1 866 878 6567 with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share.

3. "Marketing Consultant"

2.0
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Mississauga, ON

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you put in the hard work, you can make lots of money quickly. Uncapped commission

Cons

Door to door and some events. Dont tell you at interviews. Clearly a pyramid scheme

March 6, 2020Communications Coordinator

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. At The Acquisition Group, we take pride in giving team members the opportunity to advance based on their performance and merit, rather than just tenure or seniority. Please be advised that we are in no way, nor are we affiliated with, a Multi-level Marketing Agency. We appreciate your feedback regarding the interview process and apologize if it was not clearly articulated to you that participate in all types of Direct Marketing activities such as special events and direct to consumer sales. Thank you again for sharing your concerns and rest assured we will use your feedback to make our company better.

"Went for an interview, very high turnover, door to door sales"

I worked at The Acquisition Group

Pros

No pros from introduction with company

Cons

Said they were TELUS in Add, Required to sell 25 units door to door in first week or be let go

Continue reading
  5. "Not right for everyone"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Door to door sales made me more personable and helped me come out of my shell. Getting a sale felt good too. If you're good at sales, there are opportunities to lead your own team and move upwards.

Cons

100% commission meant it was entirely possible to work a whole day and make nothing. Also, being 100% commission, the culture was a little more "anything to make a sale" than I was comfortable with.

6. "Aptitude is important but secondary to attitude"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Calgary, AB

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to develop your sales, interviewing and training skills. Perfect first job for anyone. Teaches you about how to deal with people and teaches you about yourself. No ceiling on your earnings and wide open (but challenging) opportunities for advancement. Bonuses and contests..

Cons

Weather can be a factor for Door to Door. Lack of organization and coordination with management (very by-the-seat-of-the-pants mentality at times: i.e. road trips at the spur of the moment, lodging unsettled, travel per diems negotiated based on sales, bonuses not paid out for 6 months, contest prizes not paid out for months) Entry level is 56hr work week. Management closer to 70hrs (varies) Parking is expensive. You're generally on your own for costs and transport which can be difficult for new hires working straight commission. Customers are not always friendly. Not really a con, but you have to be aggressive with an acquisitive and optimistic mindset. If you're not 100% dedicated to closing customers and always focused on the upside, you're going to rough time. Inconsistent event planning and organization (sometimes good, sometimes a complete gong show) Would I recommend this job to a peer? Probably not, but I would recommend to a friend's son or daughter looking for experience in sales and working as independent contractor.

Continue reading

"This company should be reported"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

None it's a Scam and pyramid scheme

Cons

They lie to you about the job description, give you a title that doesnt exist and give you a completely different role when it's all door to door sales. They trick you by showing you that you can make a high salary by showing you the sales rep ahead of you has a brand new car when its borrowed from the owner. They didn't even take my sin number to pay me or any information about me and they drove me to do a door to door sales job on the other side of the province. When that was never told in the job description!!! The person interviewing me told me it would be a SURPRISE, when I ask then what time I would be home they said 11 at night, then 10pm, when they never told me I would be doing this job in the first place. My background is in marketing and I was told this was a marketing position. It was only direct sales marketing door to door and a pyramid scheme. There was no telling me how I would be payed if at all. DO NOT WORK THERE OR BOTHER WITH AN INTERVIEW ITS A SCAM.

May 14, 2019Human Resources Team

We take your claims seriously and want to learn more about your experience. Our hiring managers are trained to be transparent about the scope of responsibilities during the hiring process so that candidates can make a confident and informed decision. We encourage job seekers to consider one of the many opportunities across our multiple departments if direct marketing isn’t for them. We hire employees and independent contractors, depending on the type of role. When hired as an independent contractor, you are not required to provide social insurance numbers to receive payment. We are dedicated to rewarding the work of our team, and we want to ensure that you have received payment. Please reach out to us directly at HR@theacquisitiongroup.com so that we can work with you to resolve any outstanding concerns. Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We wish you the best of luck in your future. The Acquisition Group

"Senior Marketing Consultant (Telus Campaign)"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Vancouver, BC

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I don't work here anymore

Cons

you get lied to on a daily basis by management. Overpromise & Under deliver. When I worked at TAG there was always problems with my pay. They will promise you the sun , moon & stars and not follow thru. Given the growth structure they use . you are constantly being used and abused by management as what you do determines how well they are paid. (you do the dog work, they reap the rewards) Be under no illusion, this is a Door to Door sales job. They will lie to you and tell you that its Business to Business and that you will be managing accounts etc. You have no office and constantly outside knocking on doors. Poor pay - It actually cost me money to work here, and put me back a good few months.

April 23, 2019Human Resources Team

We are disappointed to read about your negative experience. Our growth structure is built around promoting from within - we prioritize growing our people through training, development and mentorship. We recognize that different roles are better suited to different people. Our managers are trained to clearly communicate the responsibilities of each role during the hiring process so that job seekers can make an informed decision. Finally, we are very concerned about your comments regarding problems with your pay. Please contact us directly at HR@theacquisitiongroup.com to ensure that any problems you experienced have been resolved. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We wish you all the best. The Acquisition Group

"Door to door"

I worked at The Acquisition Group

Pros

some perks if you earn it

Cons

door to door, no base,

December 17, 2018Human Resources Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are committed to constantly learning and growing as an organization. If you are able to share more information with our HR Team, we would welcome the opportunity to understand more about your experience working with The Acquisition Group. You can reach our HR Team directly at HR@theacquisitiongroup.com Thank you, The Acquisition Group

"Small Business Sales"

I have been working at The Acquisition Group

Pros

Good learning opportunity regarding sales

Cons

Long working hours, Door to Door Selling

October 24, 2018Human Resources Team

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying the opportunity to learn about sales with The Acquisition Group. We value your success. Please let us know if we can offer additional resources or training to help you. We recommend that team members reach out to their manager or to our Human Resources Team at HR@theacquisitiongroup.com if there is anything we can do to support you. Thank you, The Acquisition Group

Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 English Reviews