The Acquisition Group Employee Reviews about "benefit"
84% would recommend to a friend
(33 total reviews)
85% approve of CEO
Found 33 of over 551 reviews
Updated Dec 7, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people you work with are great but the pay structure does not make sense at all." (in 35 reviews)
- "Training is great and helped me learn sales skills" (in 29 reviews)
- "The team motivates you at every step and the workplace culture is amazing" (in 27 reviews)
- "Managers are flexible and compassionate" (in 21 reviews)
- "optic sales regions and made good money doing so." (in 18 reviews)
- "Long hours which is not really a con if you are focused toward your career." (in 38 reviews)
- "The compensation is 100% commission" (in 18 reviews)
- "you are constantly being used and abused by management as what you do determines how well they are paid." (in 17 reviews)
- "Getting home so late at night sometimes, office drama, no benefits" (in 14 reviews)
- "Long hours and the first few weeks can be tough" (in 13 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of The Acquisition Group and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "benefit"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Mar 10, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
none at all. So awful. SCAM SCAM SCAM. Insane scam. Horrible company, deceiving interviews and employees (who all seem to hate their lives) wanted to get out of there the second I walked in.
everything. No base minimum wage, which I have been looking into and may in fact be illegal. Advertise as Telus, but really contracted by Telus so you get no benefits that Telus employees do. It is 100% commission based, door-to-door sales. 10 hour days, including Saturdays. They promise amazing growth and insane salaries which is practically impossible with their 'pyramid' scheme. They make you feel important and extremely valuable in the interviews. (I was told mine was 'brilliant') when in reality they just want to make sure you're going to accept the job. MY ADVICE TO YOU: stay far away. I love Telus as a company (I have TV, internet, Home phone, and cell contracts with them) but I am rethinking all of that because of this scam.58
- 5.0Aug 2, 2013Senior Marketing ConsultantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearCalgary, AB
Great people, good money, continuous skill development, fun environment
Getting home so late at night sometimes, office drama, no benefits1
- 5.0May 29, 2023AccountantCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
-Good group of people -Competitive salary -Extended benefits offered
Occasionally required to work outside office hours, however, very flexible about personal time during office hours so it balances out fairly.
- 4.0Sept 25, 2014Human Resources AdministrativeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearCalgary, AB
It has been an amazing journey since day. The culture, working environment and energy are the best that I couldn't ask for even more. I started as a junior marketing consultant. All of those training have helped to boost my confidence and improve my communication skills. This job has truly elevated my leadership and managing skills to a another level. You may found that weather can be a little challenge, but winners never quit, quitters never win. Within a year, I am promoted to an office job with company provided cell phone and laptop. Company offers attractive base pay and extra bonuses. In addition, the company has offered some enticing health benefits, team nights/events and manager retreats. Basically, the company's vision is to bring up you as their future team lead/manager.
It's all about good organizations and time management. It will reshape and re-create your work ethic.6
- 3.0Feb 10, 2014Junior Marketing ConsultantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearVancouver, BC
fun to work and lots of opportunity to learn sales skill
commission pay only and no benefits
- 5.0Oct 26, 2022HR- RecruiterCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBurnaby, BC
I joined 3 months ago. Just completing my probation today and I am just loving it here. We celebrated Diwali which is an Indian festival. The managers and team leaders we work with are so supportive and helps you to grow in the company. The growth rate is highly attractive and ofcourse rhe benefitsis highly attractive and ofcourse rhe benefitsis highly attractive and ofcourse rhe benefits thetive and ofcourse rhe benefits thetive and ofcourse rhe benefits they have are unmatchable. Also, we a little puppy in the office. We are working 3 days in office and 2 days from home making a great balance in the work and family. I am loving it.
I dont see any cons. We are trained and pay scale is great as well with the benefits as I said. However, you get the benefits after probation. You can use the benefit of our mental health councellor as soon aa you join.1
- 5.0Jun 5, 2019Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
The Acquisition Group is a relatively young company that's very high energy and fun to work for. Every day is different and it's wonderful coming in and having something new and different to take on. There are always new challenges being thrown at you and personal growth is a virtual guarantee.
There are some weeks that are long in terms of the hours required to put in but anyone who is career-focused and willing to put in the work will reap the benefits.2The Acquisition Group Response5y
Thank you for sharing your insight with us! We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed working, and found value in our team based, high energy environment! At the Acquisition Group, we strive to create a positive workplace culture, in which all of our team members can work together to achieve common goals. We look forward to you continuing your career growth with us! The Acquisition Group