The Acquisition Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

The Acquisition Group Reviews

Updated Oct 21, 2019

4.2
The Acquisition Group CEO Farid Vaziri (no image)
Farid Vaziri
Pros
  • "Enjoyable work environment, great company culture and awesome teamwork(in 25 reviews)

• "Everyone starts from an entry level position and slowly make your way up to management(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours some days, disorganized at times(in 56 reviews)

• "Weather can be a factor for Door to Door(in 30 reviews)

1. "Career growth"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Calgary, AB

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training, advancement, and support. Was my first sales role developed communication skills, management skills and experience, as well team building skills that will stay with me through all future endeavors.

Cons

Hard work means lots of rewards no work means no rewards

The Acquisition Group2019-10-22
  2. "5 years with the company and excited about further growth opportunities!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Abbotsford, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

We have unlimited income and growth opportunities! I have personally started from an entry level sales position almost 5 years ago while I was still in school. And after finishing my Masters degree in Accounting I've decided to give it a 100% rather than going into Accounting field because I have seen way more rapid growth opportunities and I have seen the rewards I am going to get for my hard work and it all worked... out perfectly! I got to a GM position and started to run my own business within a business 3.5 years after my start date. It took me only 3.5 years to get to a 6 digits income, so I consider it fast pace. It would take way longer in Accounting field to grow to the same level I suppose. On top of that we have very supportive and fun work environment and the greatest team culture you'll ever find ;)

Cons

A lot of people might be scared of the commission structure at first, but if sales is a right fit for you and challenges only boost your productivity and motivate you to overcome them, you don't need to worry about the commission pay structure. We have over 400 employees and they all have their bills, rent, mortgages, etc and this structure gives opportunities for them to not only pay their bills and live from a pay... cheque to pay cheque, but also travel and enjoy quality time with their families. Yes, you won't become a great salesman over night if you didn't have experience in sales. This position requires right attitude, consistent effort and perseverance! But the more efforts you are going to put in the more rewards are going to come back your way. We do quite a bit of direct marketing too, and some people might consider it a con, but in the end of the day sales are about conversations and we are using the most efficient ways of getting more conversations with potential customers. One of them is direct marketing door to door - from our experience one of the most efficient ways to have way more conversations with prospects. And as a result the scale of sales is not even comparable with other sales channels.

The Acquisition Group2019-10-21
  3. "Blend of Fun and Hard working Culture!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company provides you unlimited potential to grow and it depends on you whether you want to be the best or mediocre. The working environment is amazing -everyone is welcoming and warm. The management takes us for team nights-Bowling, movies, restaurants monthly and its super fun.

Cons

For now, I don't have any cons.

The Acquisition Group2019-10-21

"Great Company to Work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Coordinator

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture and atmosphere is great, I feel as though I have a second family here. There's a lot of support but only where required, definitely no micromanagement. You are able to learn and progress and keep working your way up. Everyone starts at entry-level and gets promoted based on their personal achievements which really helps level the playing field and gives everyone a chance to prove themselves.

Cons

Sometimes long hours.

The Acquisition Group2019-10-14

"Extraordinary Experience :)"

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Working experience, amazing team members! The acquisition group respects and values all their team members I've never seen anything like it before it truly was an extraordinary experience and i'm so glad to be apart of this awesome organization.

Cons

I don’t have any downsides

The Acquisition Group2019-10-07

The Acquisition Group Response

October 15, 2019Human Resources

Hello, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We are so pleased that you are enjoying the company culture and very happy to have you with us. We value our team members and work hard to create an inclusive and engaged environment. We appreciate you! Sincerely, The Acquisition Group

6. "Growth potential and great compensation"

Current Employee - Junior Marketing Consultant in Surrey, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

They provide structured growth potential and promotion opportunities and while doing so you can make good amount of money. You learn a lot about leadership and team management in trainings and workshops.

Cons

None that I can think of.

The Acquisition Group2019-10-07
  7. "Work is challenging and never boring..."

Current Employee - Accountant in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Every I work with at the company is bright, humble, kind, and successful. There is work-life balance and it is possible to work from home when needed.

Cons

Some of the days are just busy, busy and busy...

The Acquisition Group2019-10-08
  8. "Hybrid Role of B2B and Sales"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager of MDU Relation Management Team

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

Growth Potential is near limitless. Being part of the MDU team, you get to learn how to build relationships with unique individuals who manage Complexes, Apartment buildings, and Condominums. This type of communication skills is great to have due to the level of professionalism required and negotiation abilities.

Cons

Hours for some individuals can be a challenge, non traditional working hours

The Acquisition Group2019-10-22
  9. "Gghh"

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Unlimited commission -decent opportunity for growth

Cons

-Long hours -6 days a week -long meetings

The Acquisition Group2019-10-19
  10. "Aptitude is important but secondary to attitude"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Calgary, AB

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to develop your sales, interviewing and training skills. Perfect first job for anyone. Teaches you about how to deal with people and teaches you about yourself. No ceiling on your earnings and wide open (but challenging) opportunities for advancement. Bonuses and contests..

Cons

Weather can be a factor for Door to Door. Lack of organization and coordination with management (very by-the-seat-of-the-pants mentality at times: i.e. road trips at the spur of the moment, lodging unsettled, travel per diems negotiated based on sales, bonuses not paid out for 6 months, contest prizes not paid out for months) Entry level is 56hr work week. Management closer to 70hrs (varies) Parking is expensive.... You're generally on your own for costs and transport which can be difficult for new hires working straight commission. Customers are not always friendly. Not really a con, but you have to be aggressive with an acquisitive and optimistic mindset. If you're not 100% dedicated to closing customers and always focused on the upside, you're going to rough time. Inconsistent event planning and organization (sometimes good, sometimes a complete gong show) Would I recommend this job to a peer? Probably not, but I would recommend to a friend's son or daughter looking for experience in sales and working as independent contractor.

Advice to Management

Bring back the higher commission basis with SPIFF - the days of slam sales are long over, which means agents need to take more time to build relationship and hard close. More time in conversation is more opportunity cost, which means agents need to earn more on their sales. Make sure your agents are ALWAYS getting better pricing than what customers can get by themselves online. People (and legislation) are not... getting friendlier to D2C as time goes by so give them every possible advantage. Pay bonuses and honor contest prize awards in a timely and transparent manner.

The Acquisition Group2019-09-28