The Acquisition Group Reviews

Updated May 27, 2020

4.2
The Acquisition Group Vice President of Operations Farid Vaziri (no image)
Farid Vaziri
Pros
  • "Enjoyable work environment, great company culture and awesome teamwork(in 30 reviews)

• "The pay is base salary plus commission which is good for entry level(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours some days, disorganized at times(in 56 reviews)

• "One of them is direct marketing door to door - from our experience one of the most efficient ways to have way more conversations with prospects(in 34 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome work culture and lots of opportunities to grow within the company!"

Current Employee - Communications Coordinator in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started as a Marketing Consultant in my last year of UBC and I couldn't be more happy with my decision to join the team. From the hands-on experience to constant leadership and growth opportunities, I was able to learn so much and be exposed to a community I never realized I needed. After graduating, TAG gave me the opportunity to shift gears and work amongst their HR team as the Communications Coordinator. This position has allowed me to explore numerous avenues from digital marketing to supporting various communication and marketing tasks throughout the whole company. Overall, my time here so far has been nothing but incredible. The works culture is great, everyone is more than happy to offer a helping hand, and I'm constantly learning and gaining amazing experience every day.

Cons

I have no complaints about my time at TAG so far!

The Acquisition Group2020-03-09

April 10, 2020Communications Coordinator

We really appreciate the positive feedback! It is very exciting to hear that your experience with us this far is allowing you to explore many avenues of interest and gain constant leadership and growth opportunities. The Acquisition Group is comprised of numerous positions across different sectors, and it is great to be made aware that your progression within our company is giving you valuable experience and advancement through different departments. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we cannot wait to see where this role will take you!

"Best place for career growth"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Calgary, AB

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very supportive team Always there for guidance Career growth guaranteed

Cons

Absolutely none to list down

The Acquisition Group2019-12-02

March 6, 2020Communications Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy to hear you had a positive experience with us. Here at The Acquisition Group, we strive to create a positive workplace culture, in which all of our team members can work together to achieve common goals and further their personal and professional growth. We truly value your input and are thrilled to have you as part of the Acquisition Group family! Thank you again for sharing your kind words with us and we look forward to you continuing your career growth with us.

3. "Door to door sales."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Send someone you don’t like here.....tell them it is the opportunity of a lifetime Lmao

Cons

This is a scheme to get decent people to go door to door ....

The Acquisition Group2020-05-28

"Just avoid at all costs"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Nanaimo, BC

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

You'll meet good people here for the most part

Cons

Too many hours - was equivalent to working a full time job and part time job, you're not paid very well and its actually lower than minimum wage if you do the math...

The Acquisition Group2020-02-14

March 6, 2020Communications Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Depending upon the position in which you held with the team, we have both employee and independent contractor roles, and different payment structures, suited to the corresponding role and work type. We ask that you please contact our Human Resources team directly to further discuss your concerns, as we at The Acquisition Group believe in providing a fair, legal and mutually beneficial working partnerships to all of our team members across Canada. Please contact our Human Resources team at hr@theacquisitiongroup.com or at 1 866 878 6567 at your earliest convenience. Much appreciated, The Acquisition Group

5. "Associate"

in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Acquisition Group

Pros

They train you well and as an entry level employee it can be a great place to refine and grow your sales skills.

Cons

They say you will make so much for each signed contract. Then when you receive your commission check a large portion of the people you signed cancelled. They completely misrepresent your earning potential. This is essential a scam organization that uses you to market their products without paying you what was stated.

The Acquisition Group2020-03-03

April 10, 2020Communications Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is great to hear that you found our training process to be well-executed. At The Acquisition Group, one of our main goals is to provide ongoing development that benefits our team member's personal and professional advancement. We are concerned to hear of your feedback regarding your earning expectations. While we do offer various payment structures dependent on your role within the company, some positions have a performance-based structure which does include commissions and bonuses. The purpose of this earning opportunity is a reflection of our company’s dedication to giving individuals the autonomy to be as successful as they want to be, without limitations - financially or otherwise. Unfortunately, if a customer does not actually take the products or services you discussed, this would not be a completed sale and there would be no commissions payable as no income would be generated. As per your review, the extensive training we provide typically allows our team members and customers to gain a complete understanding of the step-by-step purchasing process, so these instances are limited. We appreciate your feedback and would like to learn more about your concerns and how we can improve. Please contact hr@theacquisitiongroup.com or at 1 866 878 6567 at your earliest convenience.

6. "Pyramid Scheme"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Vancouver, BC

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

None, this is a pyramid scheme that preys on young driven people.

Cons

This place counts on lots of juniors coming through so that they can take a percentage of their sales. They create a culture where people who leave are "losers" who don't work hard enough but as someone who actually did well here and made good money, I can tell you this is inaccurate. You work ungodly hours and most people end up earning less than minimum wage. They are particularly exploitave of immigrants who don't have many employment options.

The Acquisition Group2020-02-29

March 2, 2020Communications Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are very sorry your experience with us fell well short of your expectations. At The Acquisition Group, we work extremely hard to build a positive workplace culture for our team members to feel empowered and supported. However, as we do strive to provide our team members with opportunities to learn, enhance their skillsets and grow, we completely understand this role is not a good fit for everyone! We appreciate you sharing your concerns as we look for every opportunity to improve. Please feel free to reach out to hr@theacquisitiongroup.com with any additional comments or suggestions, you wish to share.

7. "Marketing Consultant"

2.0
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Mississauga, ON

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you put in the hard work, you can make lots of money quickly. Uncapped commission

Cons

Door to door and some events. Dont tell you at interviews. Clearly a pyramid scheme

The Acquisition Group2020-02-09

March 6, 2020Communications Coordinator

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. At The Acquisition Group, we take pride in giving team members the opportunity to advance based on their performance and merit, rather than just tenure or seniority. Please be advised that we are in no way, nor are we affiliated with, a Multi-level Marketing Agency. We appreciate your feedback regarding the interview process and apologize if it was not clearly articulated to you that participate in all types of Direct Marketing activities such as special events and direct to consumer sales. Thank you again for sharing your concerns and rest assured we will use your feedback to make our company better.

"Great growth and experience"

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Surrey, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Throughout my work life, this has been the company who taught me work ethics, professionalism, how to grow, how to build up your personality. Being working with the best fun managers and being part of the best Admin team. I definitely see myself growing in this company and I am looking forward to grow and excel more in the future.

Cons

If there has been any problem, it was taken care of right away from the higher management or HR department. So they totally listen to you if you talk to them about the challenges you face. I don’t feel any major cons working in this company. Small challenges are part of every job.

The Acquisition Group2019-11-25

"The best start to a career with ample growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Management and coaching support from each and every senior. An extremely helpful and growth-oriented environment with a constant focus on multi-tasking and skill enhancement. Furthermore, there is a definite focus on professional growth with ample room for each individual to use their current skills to multiply and grow into a better professional and transition into bigger opportunities and roles.

Cons

None in the past 18 months that I have come across.

The Acquisition Group2019-11-18

"Great place to work at"

Current Employee - Telus Living Well Companion in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at TAG full-time for less than a year. It is a friendly and welcoming work environment with lots of opportunity for growth. The teammates are likable and always helpful. My team lead is very knowledgable, supportive and passionate about his job. TAG offers a positive work culture, good pay, great work location and also a good work-life balance.

Cons

I have no cons about working at TAG

The Acquisition Group2019-11-11