The Acquisition Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Farid Vaziri

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Before working for The Acquisition Group I never really knew what a "supportive" and "healthy" work environment really was" (in 19 reviews)

• "We provide excellent training for entry level sales" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's a commissioned based position to work from 10am - 10pm as a door-to-door sales rep" (in 24 reviews)

• "Long hours, unorganized at times" (in 46 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"There's a reason I still work here after 4 years"

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

Right from the get-go the uncapped earning potential for income was appealing but I saw extreme value in the self driven advancement. I long had felt undervalued for my skill set and willingness to exceed expectations, been passed over time and time again for promotions.

I was able to grow and develop skills in sales and customer service, interviewing, team building, territory management,pay roll, client management.

Working with a client like Telus has allowed to represent a brand and product that is top of line in quality and innovation through many avenues of face to face through residential and small business markets.

The opportunity is endless but what has really made me stay over the years is the amazing team we have at the acquisition group. The other managers are supportive and willing to share ideas on innovation and growing the business. They will coach you through your growing pains and set you up with a support network for success. This is a practice that's filtered right down to the newest sales reps. Everyone is welcoming and eager to help you grow. It feels more like a family then an office environment!

Cons

I'd say the biggest con is that there can be so much going on that if you need help you'll have to ask for it. This would be a con if you are the type that never reaches out. The support system is there but you are not micromanaged. No one is checking in every 5 minutes to make sure you're okay. You have to learn to ask for help and you will immediately multiple solutions and insights in to your issue.

The Acquisition Group Response

27 Oct, 2017 – Human Resources

The Acquisition Group would like to sincerely thank you for your feedback! It's so encouraging to hear that you're enjoying the team environment and developing personally and professionally.

We... More

"Very Invested In You"

Current Employee - Current Employee-Anonymous in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Current Employee-Anonymous in Calgary, AB

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Even if you have no experience you are given so much training and support to excel. I have never been with a company that invests so much time into you.

I have only been with the company for a month. But I have received so much support from both my team and my manager.

Cons

You need to be proactive in seeking out help. If you can't take the initiative or have trouble problem solving on the spot this job is not for you.

3. "Gives opportunity but isn't what it's cracked up to be"

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

Ability to move up quickly and in control of the money you make

Cons

Unrealistic targets
    The people you talk to have most likely already talked to someone selling the same thing ~2 - 4 weeks ago. There's not a lot else you can sell them on
    Very very long hours

"Management"

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

I had an absolutely amazing experience working with The Acquisition Group, I was provided with amazing feedback and training from both TAG managers as well as Telus. How much time and effort was greatly appreciated as well as working with an organization that cares so much about their customers as well as their staff (I got to go on a expense free trip to Mexico). The people I worked with were like my family, and I was able to take all I learned from TAG and propel it into my own business.

Cons

If you are having issues at TAG please speak up to a manager or get in touch with their HR team, anything that came up that was a con was resolved and a solution was provided. Where I saw people struggle was them not engaging with the leadership team and therefore solutions were never provided as they didn't know anything was wrong.

Advice to Management

Have representatives from HR visit the office and talk to the teams more so they have a more open dialogue, lots of people are sometimes scared to talk to their managers about the issues they're having because they don't want them to have a negative opinion about them.

"Team work makes the dream works :)"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being with TAG a little over three years now has been quite an experience, I started off as an admin for our DT office then after 8months into my role I got promoted to an EA, being the first to land this role got me learning soo much and more. The opprotunity to advance never ends, I love the culture and atmosphere and the endless potlucks ;) .

Cons

No cons im still here and enjoy what I do :) .

Advice to Management

To be honest theres none I can think of, everyone works well together when situations arises . #teamworkmakethedreamwork :)

"Junior Marketing"

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

door to door selling
    lies
    You cant just tell someone they will do marketing and then trick them into taking a job. Also when you reach out to someone who is educated in marketing and communications, and then tell them that their education doesn't matter. Its pure commission job, if you work for 8 hours and sell nothing you made no money...

Advice to Management

Be more polite, lie less about money and making 100K a year, as well as "six figure income"

"A Company Truly Dedicated to Success."

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Significant advancement opportunity
    - Cohesive support system
    - Achieve targets, see results. Placement strongly based on performance
    - Only promote from within. Everyone above you has been in your shoes.

Cons

- If you see this as just another job you will not see results

"Great Opportunity - Promotes from Within"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've bee working for The Acquisition Group for about 2.5 years now. My favourite part of this company is that they're willing to take on people with little to no experience and provide them the training and education to be able to grow into the position. How many other companies are willing to hire with out xx years relevant work experience?
    They also solely promote from within the company, so all the managers have been in the same position as the most junior workers at some point in their career. It gives management the ability to relate to the ground-level jobs and also motivates those coming into entry-level positions to strive to achieve a higher level of success.

Cons

There's only 1 con I can think of and that's that the hours can be somewhat demanding. The company expects a lot out of it's workers but will reward those showing dedication.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard and supporting the team!

9. "It's been a great journey ! ;)"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Kamloops, BC
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Kamloops, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited growth and income opportunities. I've improved my communication skills, got the knowledge on how to run your own business, grown personally and professionally. And there's so much ahead! ;)

Cons

people might say we are working longer hours and that it's a hard job. Well, in the end of the day hard work pays off, you'll hardly get anywhere without putting in a fair amount of effort and when I see those smiles on a pay day it totally worth it ;)

10. "PROS AND CONS OF TAG"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Kamloops, BC
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Kamloops, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being able to be independent in your job, and being able to have a goal to work towards each day. Also having to actually work for your money and not doing countless tasks for a minimum wage job.

Cons

commission based just do to the face of you don’t have a good day chances are you will not have made that much money.

Advice to Management

KEEP DOING YOU GUYS, YALL ROCK