The Acquisition Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Farid Vaziri

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Before working for The Acquisition Group I never really knew what a "supportive" and "healthy" work environment really was (in 19 reviews)

• They way the advancement structure is shaped in the company is commendable (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and the first few weeks can be tough (in 42 reviews)

• The Acquisition Group is contracted by Telus communication to do door to door promotion (in 16 reviews)

1. "Learning opportunity"

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

When I first joined the company, my goal was to learn on different things and take on a challenge. What I didn’t expect was the fact that I have a team that’s like a family and at the same time being able to get trained on the skills that I wanted to learn. My communication skill definitely improved over the time I’ve been here interacting with clients of different backgrounds. It’s also very exciting for me since I’ve been able to apply my knowledge to training others from before. The most satisfying feeling is to see others successful because I contributed.

Cons

Expect to be challenged everyday since we are heavily involved with clients and/or the team, but that’s just the same as life in general

Advice to Management

Let’s change some music!

2. "Senior Marketing Consultant"

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

the only pro is the money, its good money but 90% of what they would have us do is sign up everyone and do whatever we could to get it booked in our system after that we didnt care as we had gottten paid for it. can be good money if you dont mind lying, and scamming people.

Cons

long hours, no real advancement, brainwashing managers. They are constantly trying to brainwash people into staying because otherwise who would stay on a 100% commision basis where they are telling you to be as pushy as possible and not care about anyone else so long as you are making money. which sounds great until you start getting angry phone calls because you were told to do something and now that person is experiencing issues or we just werent able to help them at all. STAY away if you dont want it to consume your life and end up wasting a year of your time and the company owing you thousands of dollars and finding loop holes as to why they dont have to pay you back.

Advice to Management

get your stuff together, learn some better communication, dont lie to people and tell them they're going to making x and then when they get their cheque its hundreds of dollars off and they dont know why. Stop thinking of yourself as an entrepaneur you are running a door to door sales department who teaches people to try and scam people so that they can still make a paycheque.

"There's a reason I still work here after 4 years"

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

Right from the get-go the uncapped earning potential for income was appealing but I saw extreme value in the self driven advancement. I long had felt undervalued for my skill set and willingness to exceed expectations, been passed over time and time again for promotions.

I was able to grow and develop skills in sales and customer service, interviewing, team building, territory management,pay roll, client management.

Working with a client like Telus has allowed to represent a brand and product that is top of line in quality and innovation through many avenues of face to face through residential and small business markets.

The opportunity is endless but what has really made me stay over the years is the amazing team we have at the acquisition group. The other managers are supportive and willing to share ideas on innovation and growing the business. They will coach you through your growing pains and set you up with a support network for success. This is a practice that's filtered right down to the newest sales reps. Everyone is welcoming and eager to help you grow. It feels more like a family then an office environment!

Cons

I'd say the biggest con is that there can be so much going on that if you need help you'll have to ask for it. This would be a con if you are the type that never reaches out. The support system is there but you are not micromanaged. No one is checking in every 5 minutes to make sure you're okay. You have to learn to ask for help and you will immediately multiple solutions and insights in to your issue.

The Acquisition Group Response

27 Oct, 2017 – Human Resources

The Acquisition Group would like to sincerely thank you for your feedback! It's so encouraging to hear that you're enjoying the team environment and developing personally and professionally.

We... More

5. "Payroll"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TAG is a really amazing and great place to work at with very friendly and helpful people. It gives students a chance and offers flexible hours and an opportunity to work from home which provides a good work-life balance :)

Cons

You have to be ready to work long hours as needed to keep things running smoothly and on time more so if you're studying and working!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep adding more companies to the roster :)

6. "Work-Time"

Current Employee - General Manager in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - General Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gives you the ability to grow and make a lot of money!

Cons

The days seem to be long and you work 6 days a week.

7. "Try this job and you will be amazed of what you can accomplish!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Burnaby, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. Growth opportunities and lots of learning curves that makes you became better and better every day. Everyone is supportive and ready to help when you are in need.
    Being a team leader I trained a lot of people to became good in sales and make lots of money. I am proud of changing people's life and be part of their success. The company give me this opportunity and I really appreciate it.

Cons

Yes there are challenges as in any other jobs, but I treat every challenge as a opportunity and try to learn more from it and became better.

8. "Payroll/Accounting"

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

The Acquisition Group provides a fun and welcoming work environment with flexible hours to meet your schedule. The seniors within the company are always willing to help and encourage open conversation among the team. Employees are self determined and not micromanaged at the Acquisition Group. It is a relaxed working and casual working environment. The company provides a great learning and growth opportunities from within.

Cons

Being a new employee with the group, TAG has been very supportive so I am not able to point out any cons at the moment.

Advice to Management

A lot of the managers are not in the office regularly so its difficult for new employees to tell who is who. I would suggest that when in the office, managers should take a few minutes out of their busy schedule to have an introductory conversation with the new staff. It smooths out the integration of new members into the team.

The Acquisition Group Response

27 Oct, 2017 – Human Resources

Hello and welcome to The Acquisition Group team!

Thank you for your feedback. We would love to support your request and assist you with an introductory team meeting with our senior managers as... More

9. "Growth potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

unlimited growth opportunities , product easy to sell, lots of support from team leaders and managers, daily workshops, lots of training on sales , conducting interviews and running workshops.
    Everyone starts from an entry level position and slowly make your way up to management . The culture in the office is very strong and lots team activities. I highly recommend the company if you are willing to put 100 % every single day.

Cons

Need to constantly learn product knowledge

Advice to Management

More bonuses for high rollers

10. "Great opportunity to grow"

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

A great place to learn skills which aren't taught in school. Everyday different workshops are ran to increase communication skills, team building, sales techniques, and leadership.

Majority co- workers are motivated to get to a management role, which has lead to high energy and excitement. People are driven that work in the office and are excited to come into work everyday.

Cons

Everywhere you work has their cons, but the company has way more pros than cons

Advice to Management

keep up the work

11. "Great Culture, Fantastic People"

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Surrey, BC
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Surrey, BC

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started with The Acquisition Group after being a stay-at-home mom for close to 7 years and having no previous office experience. They're willing to take a chance on people with little to no experience and give them the opportunity to prove themselves and grow with the company. As long as you're willing to work hard, this company is amazing to work for and will reward you for the effort you put in. Pay is very fair for employees and as an added bonus there are a lot of opportunity to travel as well. Love the people I work with, we have an incredible team here!

Cons

Hours can be long, evenings and weekends often needed but completely worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep on recognizing the hard working people and encouraging everyone to push their boundaries!