Tetra Tech Environmental Project Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Dan L. Batrack

"Bad Management"

Former Employee - Environmental Project Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at Tetra Tech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It can be flexible if you are highly utilized because your client is really your boss, so you can work early or late depending on your clients needs. Large pool of resources to staff your projects with around the world and in many different areas of expertise.

Cons

Management for my entity, CES, was poor at the local and national office. Growth potential in the company is very low. I was performing way beyond my level of pay and the management was not smart enough to charge clients more for the services they were receiving or pay me for them. There is no team environment. Everyone is always out to charge as much as they can for work and don't look to share work when they... have the opportunity. The quality of work from most team members was really low and a liability to the Project Manager and Company.

Advice to Management

Be honest and transparent. We all know it comes down to utilization so be clear and honest with what you foresee happening in the near future before reducing someone from full time to anything less.

Tetra Tech2017-01-09

"Not cohesive and unsupportive"

Current Employee - Environmental Project Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Tetra Tech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Medical benefits. You get access to various business lines so that you can cross sell your services

Cons

The company as a whole does not support you. IT is poor and you will be asked to personally support your own IT needs beyond a computer. The company preaches that it is a cohesive unit but everyone looks out for themselves and that is it. They also cut benefits each quarter.

Advice to Management

Have a comprehensive business plan that incorporates each office in each specific division. Develop a business plan and execute it, not just an AOP that is based off of X employees should get us X revenue, that is not a plan. Staff your offices properly and support ongoing projects with proper resources. Upgrade your IT, the Tetralinx system is awful and wastes everyone's time and subsequently money.

Tetra Tech2015-01-08

"Once Great Company Quickly Going Downhill"

Current Employee - Environmental Project Manager

I have been working at Tetra Tech full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You get to work with some of the best scientists & engineers in the business.

Cons

Extremely long work hours when you have a project. You have to find your own projects on your own time and you receive no management support. You will be laid off instantly if you are not charging your time to a project. No recognition for a job well done.

Advice to Management

Stop treating people like commodities. Invest in your staff and reward results. Hire someone who knows how to market your services, and don't be afraid to go after new markets.

Tetra Tech2014-01-04

"Another Beltway Bandit"

Former Employee - Environmental Project Manager

I worked at Tetra Tech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The have good people within the organization. My local coworkers were good to work with.

Cons

Staff are clearly just numbers and profit centers. I was asked to work on projects (including writing government documents) where I had NO training or knowledge of the subject. The health plan was essentially a fraud. All claims seemed to be denied unless fought the denial.

Tetra Tech2012-11-15

"Oak Ridge Office is a sinking ship"

Environmental Project Manager in Oak Ridge, TN

I have been working at Tetra Tech

Pros

Company overall is AWESOME and growth is good.

Cons

if office is having issues, not easy to relocate (as offices don't interact much with one another)

Advice to Management

clean up the Oak Ridge office (nepotism; lack of winning new work after having relied on past (ending) large Army/Air Force contracts)

Tetra Tech2011-03-19