Terex Corporation Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2021

Found 594 of over 665 reviews

3.5
Terex Corporation Chief Executive Officer and President John L. Garrison, Jr (no image)
John L. Garrison, Jr
Pros
  • "Work/life balance is second to none(in 33 reviews)

• "Great people and challenging work(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance and distance to Belfast(in 15 reviews)

• "The upper management seems not knowing what they are doing(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Featured Review

Terex

May 12, 2021 - Aftermarket
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rapidly growing Company so good opportunities to progress. Friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Due to growth there is a lot going on so it can be hectic and lots to joggle.

Director, Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review. It is indeed true that "business is booming" for Terex globally as our customers ramp up again after all the COVID-19 lockdowns. The team is doing an amazing job for our customers and, yes, all this activity is resulting in plenty of opportunity for our team members to grow and progress.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Mechanical Design Engineer

Aug 13, 2019 - Mechanical Design Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of employee engagement activities and flexible time options

Cons

Salary not at par with others in the industry

3. 5.0

great place to work

Jun 12, 2021 - Senior Supplier Quality Engineer in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

work enviroment is definetly a good pro

Cons

the salary could be better

Director, Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review and for your service to Terex. It's good to hear that you value the work environment, which is important. We hear you that salaries are also important - our commitment is to offer an industry-competitive package to help us attract and retain talent on our team. All best to you.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Strategic Initiatives Stability

May 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong local team understands and leads by example meeting or exceeding site goals and objectives. Consistently top performing site when compared across global company. Strong Safety focus with systems designed for solid complete actions showing results. Truly walks the talk on safety. Zero Harm is real. Compensation is solid when compared to local and industry averages. Strong brand recognition.

Cons

Company is extremely exposed to the cyclical factors of the market. Immediate down shifts can be felt in less than one day, and up swings cannot be taken advantage of due to weak supply chain management. All function segments lack capable management systems. This lack of systems has company at a severe competitive disadvantage. There are two segments of business at Terex, and these are polar opposites in every aspect. In simplistic terms, one segment is expected to align to corporate strategies, and the other is not held accountable.

Director, Corporate Communications

Thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed review! It's good to see that you award Terex 4 Stars and generally recommend the Company. Some of the issues you bring up are endemic to the manufacturing sector - supply chain delays are a major global issue as much of the world gets "back to work" in 2021 - our supply chain and Ops teams have done an amazing job. The Company emphasizes Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in our hiring and development of team members, but not to the exclusion of qualifications - we seek team members who are both diverse (and that means different things in different countries and locations) and the best talent. Thanks again.

5. 4.0

Hydraulic fitter

Jun 1, 2021 - Fitter in Omagh, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working Plenty of overtime available Lots of training available Lots of progression possibilities Yearly review with comstructive feedback

Cons

Feels like production takes priority. Pay not on par with local competitors

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Nice company

Jun 5, 2021 - Assisatant Manager in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

good company to work for

Cons

lot of travelling sometimes, which might be hetic

7. 4.0

review

Jun 4, 2021 - Regional Service Manager in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team work among different function teams

Cons

Not much of cons for the company

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

awesome company

Jun 2, 2021 - BI Manager in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great workplace great culture and awesome people

Cons

No cons that I am aware of

Director, Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review. Wishing you continued success in your engineering career!

9. 4.0

Hourly Worker

Jun 1, 2021 - Master Scheduler in Fort Wayne, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Steady work and good benefits

Cons

Low pay and high and low periods

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Cool product, poor leadership

May 29, 2021 - Design Engineer in Watertown, SD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting product lines with unique challenges.

Cons

During my time noone seemed to be in charge of engineering. Everyone knew we had issues, but no one focused the team on what needed to be done to ensure the future sucesss of the company.

Director, Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review. Our Terex Utilities engineering leadership and team are top of their profession, having designed and implemented our new, state-of-the-art Watertown plant. The utility industry is booming as COVID-19 declines, and we're focused on meeting high customer demand. We agree with your suggestion to include the widest possible range of team members in communications around decision-making and planning.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 594 Reviews