Talking Rain Beverage Company Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2020

3.9
Talking Rain Beverage Company CEO Chris Hall (no image)
Chris Hall
Pros
  • "Talking Rain is a place you make a difference(in 9 reviews)

• "snacks, as much sparkling ice as you can drink, fitness classes, 3 weeks PTO, nice coworkers(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "It’s super-fast paced and you have to be nimble and ready to pivot(in 7 reviews)

• "It comes with the territory that work/life balance may be a fine line to walk(in 4 reviews)

1. "Family /Balance / Fun / Innovating"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous - Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time

Pros

-lots of room to grow -folk are genuinely nice and humble and they CARE about you -decent benefits (Health care is free for employee) -no micro management (they trust you)

Cons

this can be a pro or a con depending on your style - face paced -self starter attitude

2. "Great culture and fast pace"

Former Employee - Senior Manager, R&D in Preston, WA

I worked at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, flexibility, technical challenges to solve, constant learning, great teams

Cons

Not many downsides, speed can be super fast, so not for everyone

3. COVID-19

"Growing company"

Current Employee - Sales in Preston, WA

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Started in 2020 just as covid started hitting. The company has done a great job making sure remote employees are doing well and staying safe. They have provided masks and ensured we have what we need. The company is growing rapidly and looking to the future with planning, new innovations and technology. Tremendous support from my boss and co-workers.

Cons

I have none but if you are not a self starter or do well in a fast paced environment this job is not for you.

Talking Rain Beverage Company Response

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with us. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve been humbled to work alongside such an amazing sales team, who have continuously gone above and beyond for our customers and consumers. Thank you for your hard work and dedication - Ken Sylvia, EVP SALES

4. "Chart your own path"

Current Employee - Manager in Preston, WA

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time

Pros

Talking Rain is a rapidly growing and fast-paced environment, and with that comes a great opportunity to chart your own path. Your opinions and recommendations are not only heard but encouraged. As part of their culture, you are expected to be self-led and make your dreams come to fruition, while also having the support from management. Also, I have never worked for a company where I enjoyed the culture and people more!

Cons

This environment may be more ideal for those that prefer the fast-paced nature.

5. "Great company to work for."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

None that I think of

6. "It's okay but dont expect much growth..."

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Dallas, TX

I worked at Talking Rain Beverage Company part-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun environment, 401k, decent pay!

Cons

Was promised an internship and was denied it two weeks before my last semester in college. Also hours are wishy washy.

"I love this Company!"

Current Employee - Associate Sales Representative in Tacoma, WA

Pros

The team and products are amazing! I look forward to being a part of this team and going to work every day!

Cons

I haven't found a single one yet!

Talking Rain Beverage Company Response

This is fantastic! We continue to win in the marketplace and connect with our consumers because of team members like you who bring energy to what we do every day. Thank you for joining our team! -Adam Lapp

8. COVID-19

"Fantastic culture and focus on employee experience"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Preston, WA

Pros

The focus on relationships and trust in the company lead to a very collaborative environment. The people are happy to help and support wherever they can. Leadership is always looking for ways to better support the employees. Through Covid-19 the company went above and beyond to provide equipment, opportunities to connect , training on working remote and resources to support the employees. They promote from within and are supportive of people moving to other departments to get varied experience. Great benefits.

Cons

The company is growing fast and is in the process of defining scalable processes to support this growth.

Director of Technology

I appreciate the feedback. Adopting this operating model in a matter of weeks was quite the undertaking, but I’m so proud of how our team pulled together and adapted in going remote, and that the Technology team had already migrated to the cloud and deployed the technology to make it possible and secure. We are continually refreshing and modernizing our Technology landscape, striving to put the right tools and data in the hands of our Rain Makers, and reinforcing our culture. This was just a rapid test of our abilities! I’m glad our hard work has helped ensure you have the tools and training you need and would welcome any ideas you have on how we can continue to provide better service and support.

"Great company all around"

Current Employee - Rain Maker in Salem, OR

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company part-time for less than a year

Pros

Innovative company that keeps growing and expanding. They take care of their employees and they also get involved in the community. I also love the quality of the products. Its nice to be able to talk to your friends and family about your job and have them say they love their product.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind for a Con, other than I wish they were able to bring on more positions in my area so that I could work for this company full time.

vice president

Talking Rain Beverage Company April 16, 2020 Thank you so much for sharing. We’re so fortunate and grateful that we are able to help our communities during these difficult time. Just recently, we donated pallets of product to World Vision and Food Lifeline, food banks serving those impacted by the COVID crisis. As we grow, so do opportunities across the United States. I’d encourage you to stay connected with your team and to check out our Careers page for new roles in your area. Thank you! Nina Morrison VP Public Relations

"Awesome Place to "Work""

Current Employee - Supply Chain Specialist in Preston, WA

Pros

-Big on Culture & Smart and Encouraging People as your co-workers and leaders -Strong Career Development -Teamwork & Empowering Individuals -Location: Not the city, more like driving towards the mountains -Fun Social Clubs and Gym: Wine Club, Beer Club, Book Club, and a PERSONAL Trainer. Some great perks! Best highlight is that coming here everyday doesn't truly feel like work. It feels like you're a part of something special, and making awesome and big things happen in the beverage industry. You feel your individual contribution really matters, you have a big impact, and are supported by those around you. You're constantly learning, they promote you always learning more and even pay for some educational programs in your field. This company can challenge you in your role, and you just have so much fun here that it's exciting to get through the work part of your role. It's satisfying when it all comes together, especially in team meetings! If you ever feel lost, you can ask all the questions and so many people are happy to help around here. You'll make great connections with some fun people all around you. Bottom line- it's a wonderful place to work, and you'll learn a lot every day while having fun with all the perks this place has to offer.

Cons

None so far, truly. Although, if you are looking for JUST a job, this wouldn't be the place for you. Here, you'll find a career and you'll want to stay. You'll have co-workers who care about helping you grow so expect lots of teamwork. Management will not be micro-managing you, that can be a CON for people needing constant guidance.

Found 91 reviews