Talisman Energy Reviews
55% would recommend to a friend
(127 total reviews)
76% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people to work with" (in 24 reviews)
- "Good Benefits" (in 12 reviews)
- "Compensation is good, though they put a high value on stock options that haven't done very well over the past few years." (in 10 reviews)
- "Pay was good (not top of the Calgary market but good) and there was opportunity for advancement even if you weren't an engineer." (in 6 reviews)
- "Career opportunities, compensation, colleagues, international" (in 5 reviews)
- "Poor management, taken over by Repsol now" (in 12 reviews)
- "Poor leadership that lacked vision and direction from the top down resulted in mid to first line management decisions and direction that lacked substance and logic." (in 10 reviews)
- "Low morale" (in 4 reviews)
- "Zero career opportunities." (in 3 reviews)
- "Every few weeks there is a major change in the upper management and thus in the organizational structure." (in 2 reviews)
Found 127 of over 163 reviews
Updated Nov 24, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Nov 24, 2023Senior GeophysicistFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsKuala Lumpur
a company that appreciates contribution from the employees . Balanced work-life
lethal key decisions made by company BOD lead to downfall of the company.
- 5.0Dec 15, 2022Drilling EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsAberdeen, Scotland
Strong support and training. Structured programme for engineers to gain experience on and offshore in engineering and management roles
Have to push yourself ahead to get opportunities - who shouts the loudest
- 4.0May 25, 2022Support AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
Working environment is good, am happy to be a part of talisma.
Training is not provide to work on the product.
- 3.0Jan 17, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Loads of opportunities for learning.
The company is still transitioning from an old-fashion management style.
- 5.0Aug 9, 2021Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Wonderful company, run with integrity and honesty - great people
none for the position that I had and held for many years. great people
Talisman Energy Reviews FAQs
Talisman Energy has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 163 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at Talisman Energy to a friend and 29% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
55% of Talisman Energy employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Talisman Energy 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.