Talend Reviews

Updated Aug 2, 2020

4.5
Talend CEO Christal Bemont
Christal Bemont
Pros
  • "The messaging on Big Data and the Cloud was spot on(in 19 reviews)

• "Great Products( used to be) with an amazing strategy(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Customers come to us to buy our data management software, its so good"

Current Employee - Account Executive in North Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Talend full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leading product, easy to sell

Cons

Still in transition from a on premise software to an enterprise cloud

Continue reading
  2. "Great company with great culture"

5.0

I have been working at Talend full-time

Pros

I recently joined Talend, and my experience so far is excellent. One thing I noticed with Talend Technical Recruitment team is matching job roles to people instead of matching people to job roles.

Cons

Nothing negative feedback to share. Overall, great interview experience.

3. "Great Culture and Strategy"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great focus on people and having a balance of long term strategy and short term goals. Opportunities for Career Growth and Career change to different groups. Great product and great focus on automation to enable easy use of products Excellent enablement program and People focus leadership in professional services Professional Services is focused on providing long term value for customers instead of trying to sell people for short term profits. There is an innovation group within PS focusing on building reusable templates and automating common PS requirements which will provide great long term value to customers. Gender balance in leadership

Cons

We are a global company and leadership should represent the customers and society we serve. It is good to see gender balance in leadership. But it will be great if we have some representation from People of Colour in the leadership team. Also good to get diversity numbers in each department of size more than 10 so that we don't end up recruiting the same type of people. The referral process usually tends to get more people of the same race or gender and it is difficult for minorities from African American and Latin American backgrounds to get that referral if there is a lack of minority people in a particular department.

Continue reading
  4. "Surprisingly good company to work for"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great corporate culture, employees are thinkers with positive attitude. They do what is best for the company. Employees always extend themselves to help each other.

Cons

Lack of formal processes. Relies on tribal knowledge. Scaling challenge to support growth.

July 28, 2020

Thank you for taking the time review, and love your comments on our thinkers, and positive attitude. We do everything we can to make people's time here an exciting one where they can grow and challenge themselves as well. Thanks again!

5. "Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Talend full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, good products, good pay, fantastic colleagues

Cons

The company does have some growing pains

July 28, 2020

Awesome thank you! we love that you feel this way!

6. COVID-19

"Good Place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Talend full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Product Flexibility Good Culture Good People Good Leaders International presence in all major countries #Awesome support during current times. Thanks for taking care of everyone at Talend by constant support of wfh. #Global Talend Day off is a great initiative #The lunches, dinners, parties, events, celebrations makes me happy and waiting to go back to office as its my happy place. # Yearly appraisals are good here even in Covid times, unlike many companies which runs with the belief that once you have joined them you can work with the same money till your stay. # Though work becomes bad on days but I do have work life balance.

Cons

#Collaboration needs to be better in some teams, one of which is sales with other groups. #Recognitions are few and limited to global. Should be regional as well #No Wifi reimbursement which is a basic need and almost all companies give that. Maybe fix an amount, don't keep it unlimited.

July 15, 2020CEO

Thank you for the feedback. You are right that our employee engagement has increased recently. With the unprecedented set of circumstances we are all traversing with COVID, we are doing more frequent Pulse checks with our employees. The move to quarterly was very intentional to make sure we stay connected and we listen to our employees. Our goal was to extend an open door and a listening ear as we know being remote for many is a challenge. That said, it seems to have missed the mark. While I won’t stop checking in on our employees I do take your feedback as good perspective to consider how we frame the survey and reinforce “why” we are doing them. Regarding our focus, you can absolutely rest assured that our time is being spent squarely on the growth of the business and we are committed to driving meaningful outcomes for our customers, employees, partners and shareholders. Thank you again for the input. It is always welcomed and my “virtual” door is always open. Do not hesitate to reach out if you want to discuss further. - CEO

7. "Very great place to work and with very nice people around you"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Talend full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work and life balance, very decentralised org structure and very talented people you will meet with. Very strong product internal training and knowledges sharing.

Cons

A little unstable when facing planed target or facing pressure.

June 2, 2020Global Recruitment Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. Great to hear you positive thoughts, and also suggestions which we are also ways happy to receive.

"Horrible, Stressful, Behavioral Problems"

1.0
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at Talend full-time for more than a year

Pros

- There is so much potential in the company and company products no doubt. - Infact we learnt so many new things and had exposure to new technologies. - Support team and team bonding is very very good. People tried to help each other and solve problems. - Office premises is awesome and well equipped.

Cons

- India office management is real problem for employees in India office - You will constantly gets pressurized by so called management in India office. - Forcefully you need to fill out Glint survey, which is not fare but the management pressurize every employee to fill good surveys really!!! - Because of fake surveys upper management never knows the situation and many very good and skilled resources left the company. - They showed fake faces/pics outside on social media resembling everything is going good and everyone is happy in India office but its not. - It feels like you are in a school and principle is sitting with stick and giving you punishment for things that you never did. - Forcefully you need to participate in curricular activities if not, actions were taken. Even office parties happening outside were monitored and people gets pointed out. - One more thing, I really wanted to share is management will decide with whom you should speak, eat and seat in company premises really!!! - Several employees tried to communicate with management outside of India offices but the voices again pointed out and thrown out of the company giving false reasons. Even managers are victims of this situation. - Learning, knowledge, technology wise this is one of the best company but due to some people in India office it is very difficult to survive.

August 3, 2020

Our India office, as with a number of other offices, is still growing and that comes with opportunities to help our local team interpret and respond to feedback. In that spirit, thank you very much for your recent review and raising your concerns. We regret to hear of your experience as we do pride ourselves in being an employee friendly organization globally and we believe in supporting our employees. We have an open door policy and highly encourage our employees to discuss concerns directly with their manager or People Business Partner so we can help them have a better experience. As an additional feedback channel, our quarterly engagement surveys are intended to serve as platform to anonymously provide constructive feedback. We are always here to support. - Chief People Officer

"Company filled with political bureaucracy"

2.0
    Former Employee - Applications
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Talend full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Had amazing stay until towards the last few years at Talend my entire journey experience turned sour. The company was filled with contributors and fun-loving team members. Due to some doubled edged sword people slowly ruined everything. Bullying would be a good word to describe some toxic personalities.

Cons

Good growth opportunity IF you have a good manager. I wasnt that lucky towards the end of my time at talend. The place is full of people who love to talk and work output is next to 0.

June 8, 2020chief people officer

Thank you for your long tenure at Talend and for taking the time to write your review. We are always keen to learn where we might make improvements for our team members, and we take all people issues seriously. In fact, we encourage anyone experiencing workplace difficulties to reach out to their senior leadership or People Business Partner so we can work out a resolution before it impacts our people and/or teams. Additionally, we require all employees complete Workplace Harassment Training to make sure they know how to raise a concern.

"Strong Leadership - Positive Environment"

Current Employee - Corporate Sales Representative

I have been working at Talend full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leadership at Talend is always working hard to help you be successful. This creates an environment where the teams thrive and individuals excel. The work environment is best defined by our slogan..."no one left behind". We watch out for each other, we support each other, we encourage each other, and we are there for each other. Leadership endorses this belief and it creates a positive vibe. Sales can sometimes become a solo act, and yes there is truth to that, but here at Talend its more about your "solo act" is your freedom to manage your business as you creatively want to and not that you are only in good times and bad. Talend...is a GREAT place to be

Cons

I can't really say something is a CON. Perhaps the need for more in person gatherings. I work remote, so this is more about my personal want then a CON.

May 11, 2020Global Recruitment Marketing Manager

Thank you so much for your review! and I think we all agree some more gatherings would be a great plus!

Found 161 reviews