Cover image for TD

TD

Engaged Employer

TD

Add a Review

TD Employee Reviews about "hour"

3.9

1 star

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

Found 2,270 of over 20K reviews

Updated Nov 30, 2023

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl™ on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "I can really say only the benefits were good and there is a gym of no cost.(in 1633 reviews)
  • "Great for people who want a 'small company feel' with the structure and HR/development resources of a large company(in 877 reviews)
  • "Great culture and were given the flexibility to work and do school at the same time.(in 777 reviews)
  • "Work life balance is good if you are not very ambitious and just want a low(in 604 reviews)
  • "good work environment and fun(in 322 reviews)
Cons
  • "the pay is low and could be better as for the amount of work you do as a teller(in 740 reviews)
  • "Poor management The management admitted that there is a certain discrepancy between what you learnt in the 10 week training and on board.(in 690 reviews)
  • "Low salary but your foot in the door will give you access to many opportunities.(in 450 reviews)
  • "I know several people who were railroaded by bad managers and had to leave the company(in 409 reviews)
  • "long hours and rarely close in bad weather also need to work 7 days a week.(in 398 reviews)

Ratings by Demographics

Want more options?

This rating reflects the overall rating of TD and is not affected by filters.

Reviews about "hour"

Return to all Reviews
      Apr 5, 2016
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly place to work and very inclusive.

Cons

Long hours and you have to always put the customer first even if it inconveniences the bank's employees

1. 2.0
        May 13, 2010
        Customer Service Representative
        Business Outlook

Pros

I see no pros to this bank. I guess if forced to say something nice its that TD is growing and financially sound company.

Cons

Been at TD a year now and I hate it. I hate working Sundays and I hate working late hours (late hours for a bank Monday-Friday 7:30am-8pm, Saturday 7:30am-6pm and 11am-4:30pm Sunday). I knew the shifts going in and thought it wouldn't get to me but it does. Also my pay is considerably lower since I'm not licensed ($15/hr while the licensed guys are making up to $20/hr or more). The job is demanding and if you are not detail-oriented and good at mult-tasking you will not do well here. A typical day at Td bank for a customer service rep includes, answering phones and taking messages, answering phones and helping a person with their account, processing domestic and international wires, sitting with angry customers and listening to them complain about being charged overdraft fees unfairly, opening consumer and commercial accounts, closing consumer and commercial accounts, processing loan and mortgage applications (please know about loans and mortgages because many customers have detailed questions and the training in this area sucks) Handling special assignments given to you by your boss or supervisor or senior rep, cross selling bank products to reach/exceed individual sales revenue goals, filing applications on behalf of customers who suspect fraud with their account or debit card, putting stop payments on checks for customers who lost checks, logging in all incoming mail and depositing any cash or checks that come through the mail, balancing debit, ATM and gifts cards at the end of the night, Being forced to take the Notary Public Exam within six months of hire, Greeting customers at the front lobby as they walk into the bank (Greeting customers is really a waste of time. You basically stand by the entrance and say 'hello, welcome to TD bank or 'Good morning' or have a 'Good night' to customers. 9 times out of 10 your niceness is not returned, instead people will act like you don't exist and will not say a word to you and won't even make eye contact. Also, with all the work you have to do, greeting makes you get backed up with your work because your standing there like a fool for an hour or two at a time when you could be at your desk catching up on work), more responsibilities at TD Bank include, greeting customers at the Penny Arcade machine (Penny Arcade is TD Banks version of the coinstar machine popular at supermarkets, if customers have loose change they can put it in the machine and than get the cash from the teller, it is crucial that ALL people who use the machine gets greeted and asked if they need help. Many times customers have so much coins that the machine displays a message that 'The bag is full' This is when a customer service rep will have to open the machine, and remove all of the full change bags, the bags can be heavy and their are times when people bring so much change, the rep is changing up to 10 heavy bags at a time. Once the bags are changed than its time to log each bag into a book than place them into a vault), More responsibilities at TD Bank include, stocking pens in the lobby and at desks when they run low, filling up customer deposit and withdrawal slips in the lobby when they are low, changing the garbage at the end of the night before closing, taking customers down to their safe deposit box, coming up with creative ideas for exciting customers about different promotions going on, completing on-line exams every month that teach/ refresh you on bank policy and procedure, attending live class room courses to teach/refresh you on bank policy and procedures, following up with customers who had issues with their account, following up with customers who made special requests of you( ie, ordering checks, requesting statements that go back many years etc.), visitng local businesses to try and attain a checking or savings or loan relationship with them. You have all of these repsonsibilities and all you have to show for it is low pay, cranky and sarcastic management, and rude clients.

2. Join the TD team
        See Our Latest Jobs
        1. 2.0
          Sept 16, 2008
          Senior Customer Service Representative
          Philadelphia, PA
          Business Outlook

Pros

Quick advancement if you want it. Great way to get a title onto your first resume. People are friendly for the most part. Full time employees receive 24 days off per year to start (see below for reason why). Flexible place to work if your in school. Part time plus lets you do 30 hours a week and get benefits (which are inexpensive).

Cons

Pay here is tough to swallow. They are open 361 days a year which equates to weekend shifts and working holidays other banks and gov't receive off. Management is not always the most professional. Tuition reimbursement could be more.

Mar 2, 2018
            Former Employee
            Business Outlook

Pros

good pto schedule for part time employees

Cons

long hours and rarely close in bad weather also need to work 7 days a week.

Oct 22, 2019
              Financial Services Representative
              Former Employee, more than 3 years
              New York, NY
              Business Outlook

Pros

none really you would be better at a different bank

Cons

long hours you have to be there at 7:45am some branches close at 8 and Sunday

1. 5.0
                Nov 25, 2019
                Research and Strategy
                Former Intern, less than 1 year
                Singapore
                Business Outlook

Pros

I interned in the Singapore office of TD Securities as a Research and Strategy Intern. The full-timers I met were all very friendly and willing to set aside time to teach the interns. I learnt a lot during my time there and it prepared me well for future roles within Global Markets. Interns were not expected to work long hours and this was strictly enforced by my manager.

Cons

Some of the full-timers are quite experienced and therefore lacked the drive and competitive nature that I was looking for in a first job environment.

Aug 22, 2008
                  IT Solutions Developer
                  Former Employee
                  Toronto, ON
                  Business Outlook

Pros

TD bank is a wonderful place to work in terms of the environment, co-workers and the management. Everyone respects you at the work place and provide you with all the assistance needed when at work. TD also promotes work and personal life balance and they offer employees time to work from home, flexible hours and flexible work places. TD has a very comprehensive benefits package and the management at TD never encourage employees to work long hours. The deadlines in the IT sections are very reasonable and does not require over 37.5 hours of work every week. I would recommend TD for anyone who is looking for a standard working environment. In the department that I worked which is Wealth Management Technology solutions, they had Foosball, pool and TV for employees to relax during breaks.

Cons

Although TD is a financial organization, it has an internal IT department that employs over five thousand personnel. So if you are an IT personnel the chances are your annual pay (if you are full time employee) is most likely to be below the market rate. Another downside, from my personal point of view, would be that TD being a Financial organization, does not give importance to the IT personnel, in terms of awards and bonuses. TD Bank, just like any other big organizations has several layers of management, so it is not easy to get any tasks done in a quick manner.

Mar 14, 2016
                    Teller
                    Former Employee, more than 1 year
                    Merrimack, NH
                    Business Outlook

Pros

There was a lot of professional training available and if you wanted to move up there was an excellent system to support you in that.

Cons

It could be very strict on blackouts dates for time off and scheduling of hours was often unpredictable. (You'd know a week or so ahead usually.) Also, with the extended hours they offer the staffing was often stretched thin.

Feb 8, 2011
                      Teller
                      Norristown, PA
                      Business Outlook

Pros

the bank is in a bad location and is a bit far of a drive for me. there is no room to grow

Cons

it is a far drive the bank. has crazy hours the people are friendly though and i have a good time with the customers

Jun 7, 2010
                        Customer Service Representative
                        Business Outlook

Pros

TD Bank has a great opportunity to grow and prosper for many recent college graduates and is a proverbial foot in the door.

Cons

Hours are very inflexible and can make balancing out your social life difficult with your work life. Need to be able to budget your time well in order to do this position.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,270 Reviews
                      </>Embed

Popular Careers with TD Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Relevant industry posts

Finance

A community for Finance professionals across companies

642.4K

Wells Fargo

I am a top performer for my position within California and recently I was told that they want me to pay back part of my commission that was awarded for the work I did this year in one of the previous quarters and it was worded as over payment. None of the senior leaders were of any help in fact everyone ignored. Is this legit? What are my options? No one has been able to prove why it is considered over payment as my investments booked match what I was paid. Please suggest

3 Comments

Financial Advisor

Anyone know about the Treasury consultant role at Coca Cola corporate office in Atlanta. Salary, what the Job is like etc

0 Comments

Glassdoor has 19,674 TD reviews submitted anonymously by TD employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if TD is right for you.