Synchrony Collections Representative Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2020

4.0
Synchrony President & CEO Margaret M. Keane (no image)
Margaret M. Keane
  1. "Good company"

Current Employee - Bilingual Collections Specialist in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Synchrony full-time

Pros

The company has very good benefits

Cons

I don't like my schedule and haven't had the opportunity to change it.

2. "Company does a good job overall"

Current Employee - Collections Representative in Kettering, OH

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work with plenty of advancement opportunity

Cons

Repetitive work and rude customer interactions

"Excellent work environment"

Former Employee - Bilingual Collections Representative in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Synchrony full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work. Benefits are better than any other company for entry level jobs. Collections goals are easy to achieve on a non-pressure environment. Management will work with you to improve your performance.

Cons

You need to love the company's take on what a leader represents and embrace their culture by participating in what's called Diversity Networks or Workplace committees and invest your time off work in these volunteer activities if you want to have any chance to grow.

Continue reading

"Great Employer, Very Flexible"

5.0
    Current Employee - Collections Representative

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible with your schedule and what you can do as far as time off goes. Some of the best benefits you will find in a company. Rewarded based on performance, with a bonus sometimes equaling a whole extra paycheck if you’re decent at your job.

Cons

Stressful dealing with customers who already can’t afford their bills and calling them at inconvenient hours for them. When they hang up or do something beyond your control, it can impact your performance and bonus.

"It’s not for me"

1.0
    Former Employee - Collections

I worked at Synchrony full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Benefits Medical, bonuses,

Cons

I am going to be honest I literally was thinking about killing Myself I think it could be due to just having a baby The job is stress Plus with dealing people yelling at you on the phone all the time Didn’t like the fact when my manger disrespects me even when my father passed away I didn’t need that I kept numbing my self from my emotions because I was dealing with it to support my family I kept thinking about them But at the end I had to go to my doctor to prescribe anti depressant pills from That I knew I need to leave I couldn’t deal with the stress

6. "great place"

Collections Representative in Hyderābād

I have been working at Synchrony for more than 3 years

Pros

We dont have to find any reason to work,but we need to enjoy the work that we do that it self will make us happy

Cons

Rotational shifts and week offs

7. "Great All Round"

5.0
    Current Employee - Collections Account Manager in Canton, OH

I have been working at Synchrony part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly and family culture, growth opportunities

Cons

Everything works fine. No changes necessary

8. "Great benefits, good work life balance"

Former Employee - Collections Representative in Kettering, OH

I worked at Synchrony full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, maternity leave, PTO. Gym on site and cafeteria. Good work life balance.

Cons

Collections in general is very draining and not the greatest.

9. "Overall Great Place"

Current Employee - Collections Representative in Canton, OH

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits are some of the best on the market and are easy to understand/access. The diversity throughout makes Synchrony a very friendly and comfortable place to work.

Cons

Opportunities for advancement are not as readily available as advertised and, as with any large company or corporation, competition is fierce. Developmental opportunities have declined as well

10. "Overall good place to work"

Current Employee - Collections Account Manager in Kettering, OH

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are unbeatable. My healthcare deductible was $800 and even before it was met, my policy paid for most of my care. The pay is decent. They used to do monthly bonuses but that went away at the beginning of 2019. They averaged your 2018 bonuses and added that into your base pay. So instead of making $15.50, my pay bumped to $17.50/hr. Onsite gym, cafeteria, marketplace, break rooms, vending machines, etc. You have to have a badge to get into the building so I felt safe while at work. Management is nice and approachable. Ample time off. So many committees to join. You can tell they actually care about your personal growth. Tuition reimbursement.

Cons

It’s a call center, so the work is very dull and repetitive. You will deal with unhappy customers on a daily basis. As an account manager, part of my job was to take the escalated calls. This is more of my personal experience, but the sick time policy needs to be changed. You get paid for sick days, but there are certain “triggers” (hours) that you hit and that results in corrective action. I get sick a lot, so I was put on corrective action quite a few times for it. I wish I could have the option to take unpaid sick time and not get in trouble for it. Synchrony has been rated a Great Place to Work for the past couple of years and it’s true, but that initiative is pushed on us too much. Around the time of year that we take the survey it’s all you hear about from management.

Found 36 reviews