Suzy Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Sep 12, 2018

4.3
Suzy Chief Executive Officer Matt Britton (no image)
Matt Britton
Pros
  • "Coming to Crowdtap was a breath of fresh air(in 9 reviews)

• "Great company culture, very helpful team, good work-life balance(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "the company is an evolution of crowdtap (a completely different business) so some of that residual culture exists(in 12 reviews)

• "Start-up growing pains, processes constantly changing, decisions that are made can change in a day but that is totally normal in a start-up(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Great opportunity!"

5.0

I have been working at Suzy full-time

Pros

Great company culture, very helpful team, good work-life balance.

Cons

Shifts in priorities and direction.

Continue reading

"Exciting startup, new direction, room for growth"

5.0

I have been working at Suzy full-time

Pros

Reinvigorated culture and direction Great team (fun, smart) Opportunities for career growth/development Good work-life balance Brand new platform (totally re-engineered)

Cons

Still faces many "startup" difficulties: lack of process/discipline Some communication silos

Suzy Response

July 26, 2018SVP, Human Resources

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback. We want to continue working on making Suzy a great place to work, and we believe open dialogue is the best way to do that. If you have any other suggestions for how we could improve, please stop by my desk and let's chat. Thanks. - Anthony

"Program Manager"

1.0

I worked at Suzy full-time

Pros

Free snacks and drinks. Pretty good work life balance.

Cons

Layoffs happened regularly along with people leaving by choice due to the lack of overall vision, horrible upper management, and an almost nonexistent HR department. The people who did move up, moved up due to favoritism. Product itself had some huge gaps that caused its decline.

Suzy Response

July 26, 2018SVP, Human Resources

Thanks so much for providing this important feedback. As changes were made within the company, there were certainly growing pains: we sincerely apologize for any frustrations you experienced at Suzy. We want to continue working on making Suzy an awesome place to work, and would love to hear more of your thoughts on how to get there. As you mentioned, input from employees is crucial and having a great HR operation critical. If you would like to provide more information on how we could improve Suzy for future employees, please email us at hr@suzy.com

"The glory days are behind Crowdtap."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Suzy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Crowdtap was founded on the principles that every start-up should be looking to achieve. For the most part, they've been able to hold on to those key attractors that brought some of the best and brightest on board. Management still promotes a work/life balance that may be somewhat uncommon in this stage of a startup. The office is beautiful and dog-friendly. The people you'll be working with will be friends and colleagues for life.

Cons

We only hire, and only train/motivate/incent our managers to hire -- don't optimize efficiency, don't do performance management, don't fire. We poured huge money into glorious new headquarters, signaling to employees "we've made it, we're amazing", then started to hemorrhage clients and personnel. We confuse conference circuit & party scene with actual work. We refuse to take HR seriously. Product leadership is completely MIA. We've lost a secure foothold in our industry due to indecision and lack of vision. Meetings occupy a large percentage of management's time.

Continue reading
  5. "Great culture, great people."

Client Success Strategist in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Suzy

Pros

Wonderful culture and work/life balance. Unlimited PTO, full benefits and you work with intelligent people that truly care about what they do.

Cons

Low compensation for the Client Success team. Somewhat micromanaged and there's no way to measure success. The product is a work in progress which raises questions from clients and can negatively affect renewals.

"Strategist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Suzy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are genuinely good people who care about you more than just an employee. Decent work-life balance. Big name clients.

Cons

The company rapidly lost the culture as it scaled. My biggest grievance was the compensation was insultingly low and there's no career path, despite being sold in on "so much opportunity for growth and advancement."

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews