SurpriseHR Reviews

Found 49 of over 53 reviews

4.1
SurpriseHR CEO Albert Eloyan
Albert Eloyan
Pros
  • "The culture at Surprise HR was phenomenal from Day 1 up until my last day(in 10 reviews)

• "This has been similar to other stops on my sales journey in terms of the ups and downs Ive experienced sales success wise(in 3 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The only con I can think of is that you are responsible for paying for parking downtown and all the parking garages are on a 6-month wait list(in 3 reviews)

• "We are in growth mode, so it is very busy, but the culture of the company is fun, so it's not as stressful as other start-ups I've been with(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

no one

Oct 20, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

pay card friendly caring open is always a plus

Cons

less time to manage work

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Supervisor

May 23, 2021 - Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good good good good good

Cons

No overtime No overtime No overtime No overtime No overtime

3. The latest conversations about Tech

184 Comments

Tech

37.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=SurpriseHR~1958130
      Join the conversation on
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee

Rough time

Jan 4, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learn a lot really fast

Cons

You have to learn a lot really fast which can also not be great.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Yikes

Jan 11, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

None - it was the worst.

Cons

Everything - cool people sometimes. But they all left in a hurry.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good products, good leadership and GREAT culture

Nov 6, 2020 - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The most important thing for me when assessing a work experience at any company is the culture. Its the baseline upon which all companies should be judged. The culture at Surprise HR was phenomenal from Day 1 up until my last day. I define culture as how you feel when youre working and what / who you're surrounded by. At Surprise HR, I felt great, I was always working on important projects and I was surrounded by incredible talent with no egos - everyone helped each other with everything. It was eye opening to experience as most startups are rather cut throat and "clicky". Everyone from the junior employees all the way to the executive leadership was really tight knit and comfortable discussing challenges, solutions and issues together. I got more done here on a weekly basis then other account management roles Ive had on a monthly basis and I attribute the productivity to just how much I enjoyed the role and who I was working with. Had to leave on my own decision because I am moving out of the country but if I wasnt, I would stay here for a long time. Fantastic company and would recommend anyone who has the opportunity to join.

Cons

A few times where i had concerns about how we handled certain customer issues, but these were resolved quickly and without hesitation. Not really a consistent negative and everything was explained to me thoroughly

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Would not trade this experience for anything

Nov 11, 2020 - Finance Manager in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Its rare when you get to learn, grow and have fun all at once. This has been my experience at Surprise HR over the past 2 years. Ive grown a lot personally and am developing into the professional I want to be. The sense of pride and ambition here is incredible - everyone wants to succeed. Its not only that, but people genuinely care about each other, which is nice to experience. Support with any questions or concerns is always quickly addressed and any ideas i put forth to senior leadership are always taken seriously. I enjoy playing an important role in a quickly growing startup. I really love the team too! Everyone is aligned and ready to rock each week.. Has been a professional blast so far.

Cons

Some growing pains but nothing thats not expected or able to be handled

8. 5.0

A little bit of everything from Day 1

Oct 15, 2020 - Marketing Manager in South San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This experience has been diverse, wholesome and full of interesting surprises so far. My first week on the job, I was given a more important project than I ever had at my entire previous 2 years of my last job, which was so nice and cool. Being given serious responsibilities from the get go is a sign of confidence from leadership, and I was ready to tackle it. Every month since, I have been working on impactful projects that have far reaching consequences on the success of the company, and I would not want anything less. Hint for future job seekers: you cant learn or grow if you dont get challenged! Being challenged is something everyone should welcome. Sure, there have been some ups and downs here, but thats the same anywhere else. I particularly enjoy our weekly all hands meetings where everyone gets to voice their thoughts/concerns/ideas and I have learned a lot not only from the executives, but my peers and direct reports as well. Its such a welcoming, open kind of vibe here and I love it. Excited to grow into 2021 and see what happens!

Cons

Maybe more visibility into long term plans, but who can really predict the future in such a crazy environment? Not a complaint persay, just a thought.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good experience from top to bottom

Oct 9, 2020 - Marketing Specialist in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There have been marketing challenges this past year no doubt. The one thing thats been consistent with this company has been the steady support. From the marketing, to HR to executive leadership, everyone here has your back, and thats a rarity. I have worked at other places where someone is quick to throw you under the base and not take accountability, but here, everyone is upfront, supportive and transparent. I am grateful for what i have learned so far and apply these lessons to future projects or roles. Look forward to progressing and getting the company on the map bigtime!

Cons

More all hands on deck meetings so I have more visibility into how other departments are doing!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Genuinely feel like Im learning something new each week

Sep 29, 2020 - Sales Development Representative in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have loved this role! It has not been easy, but that is not what i signed up for. I signed up for a challenge, and to get challenged, and ive gotten both. If something seems easy, youre probably not learning enough... I have learned a lot about good and efficient sales processes and how to reach the decision maker. I am excited to keep setting up meetings and progress into an AE. I love the team, the support, the product suite and the leadership. Excited for 2021 and beyond.

Cons

Would like more input on the general sales strategy!

11. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

An experience that has made me stronger personally & professionally

Sep 28, 2020 - Human Resources Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have learned more from my experience here at Surprise HR than I have any where else, combined. It has been a revelation for me - I have learned the ins and outs of efficient hiring and employee onboarding on a whole new level. I have learned how to build proper hiring plans and exceed KPIs. We have every department well staffed and a great pipeline. We are proud of this because of the hard work it took, and the learning experiences we had along the way. I am excited for the future mostly because i helped build it, and i want to see what the current group of employees can do for the organization in terms of growth and brand building. We believe we've built a strong culture here and I cant wait for what lies ahead!

Cons

Nothing yet that comes to mind

Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 Reviews