Found 73 of over 4K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Sun Life
The Toronto Bowl
I got transferred to Accenture Canada last year and didn’t get any raise in my salary. I was told that this will not happen this year either for me. It feels so unfair. Even though they gave me the opportunity to move with a job, I found out also that I’m being underpaid. I’m an actuary pursuing my actuarial credentials and wanna change jobs cause this is not a motivating environment anymore. Anyone who is willing to refer me somewhere? Accenture KPMG JPMorgan Chase Sun Life Financial Deloitte
Got a burning question about Sun Life? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Sun Life employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Haven’t started yet but seems to be good company that will allow a good work/life balance" (in 311 reviews)
- "good benefits and saving plans" (in 290 reviews)
- "Great for people with low to no corporate work experience Great place for people looking to switch from liberal arts to business/finance/insurance" (in 217 reviews)
- "Great culture and sincere about work" (in 138 reviews)
- "Work from home and flexible" (in 115 reviews)
- "Poor management; should listen and address employees' concerns" (in 114 reviews)
- "Unfortunately base salary is low with no real climb" (in 111 reviews)
- "Some managers who are incompetent and who do not recognize hard work and do not promote deserving employees" (in 57 reviews)
- "Senior management has allowed this to carry on for years on end." (in 21 reviews)
- "Upper management is aware, but unwilling to step up and do anything about it." (in 15 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Sun Life and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "sun life"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Mar 8, 2016Anonymous ContractorCurrent Contractor
Sun Life has a great reputation and is one of the top insurance companies in Canada. There is a supportive and encouraging working environment.
Communication needs to be improved
- 4.0Mar 1, 2023RLDP ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Sun life has a strong company culture that promotes collaboration and teamwork. It is a welcoming and inclusive environment and I felt valued.
Sun life could benefit from a more focused and driven approach towards productivity. Many of the company's processes and systems are outdated and inefficient, which results in ALOT of operational waste and unnecessary delays. Some of the processes appear to be overly complicated, and there are many unnecessary steps in place which is often frustrating and leads to decreased efficiency from the teams as a whole.