Cover image for Strive Living Society

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 31 of over 35 reviews
3.6
70% Recommend to a Friend
Strive Living Society President  and Executive Director Kerry Horgan and Mike Hopton
80% Approve of CEO

Found 31 of over 35 reviews

3.6
Kerry Horgan and Mike Hopton
  1. 5.0

Sep. 7, 2022 - Program Coordinator in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work environment, learning opportunities, awesome staff, good compensation, good benefits

Cons

Nothing to report. Thank you.

Director of HR and IT

Thank you for your response, we hope to continue to offer you a work environment filled with growth opportunities and a group of supportive colleagues during your time with Strive!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Adapting to change in Difficult Times

Sep. 27, 2022 - Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

innovative, honest effort to try new things to make operations work

Cons

slow to adopt the changes they propose

Director of HR and IT

Thank you for your comments and your patience with us, we are doing our best to bring forth not only new changes, but changes that we believe will serve both our clients and staff for the better.

3. Join the Strive Living Society team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0

Unethical Managers

Oct. 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Higher than average pay, generous benefits, great co-workers

Cons

Managers will manipulate you into doing unethical things and then blame you for doing what they told you to do. I wouldn't recommend this job even to the people I hate the most.

Director of HR and IT

We’re sorry to hear you have had a difficult time at Strive so far. We will take your feedback, and if you are willing, we will do our best to work with you and our managers to improve your experience while you are here.

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Pathetic management with zero accountability

Sep. 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

working environment itself - depending on the residence and client, is not too bad. There are opportunities for downtime.

Cons

- be expected to perform duties outside of your role (painting walls, handyman work, landscaping etc) - residence managers will pull tricks to deny vacation requests without doing any callouts for coverage - higher management is all about public image of organization; there is no protection/additional training for staff to protect themselves against physical aggression/serious allegations from clients who dont like you

Director of HR and IT

We are sorry that you have felt stretched and unequipped in your current role at Strive. We will do our best to take your feedback and offer more support to our staff so that they can deliver the best support to the individuals we serve.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Aug. 15, 2022 - Support Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, pay is good as well

Cons

very unorganized in many of the programs

Director of HR and IT

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Strive. We will take your feedback and continue to find ways to ensure organization and functionality is evident in every single one of our programs.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good employer

Aug. 14, 2022 - Registered Nurse in Coquitlam, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed non profit environment with regular RN duties.

Cons

I did not experience any cons while working here

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Staff not supported

Aug. 18, 2022 - Child and Youth Support Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was above industry average.

Cons

There was zero staff support and too many expectations for the lack of support. And some management decisions were unethical.

Director of HR and IT

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Strive. We wish we could have worked with you and your manager to find ways to support you in order for you to find success and fulfillment in your role.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good

Jan. 12, 2022 - Support Worker in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, unionized , benefits, Good co workers

Cons

Not all department are unionized, lack organizational

HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Strive. We try to provide competitive pay and benefits to all our valued employees. If you have suggestions on how to improve, we’d be happy to hear them so we can earn those last two stars. Take care and stay safe.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Working as a youth support worker

Nov. 23, 2021 - Residential Youth Support Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great perks and benefits and a strong feeling of fulfillment while working with youth.

Cons

Employees tend to get burnt out very quick.

HR Coordinator

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with Strive. We’re glad you spent a few years with us and happy you found it to be fulfilling work. At the same time, we understand the job can be demanding and we’re always trying to take care of our staff the best we can. Our Employee and Family Assistance Program is top-notch and free for all employees. All the best.

11. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

not organized

Nov. 18, 2021 - Community Support Worker in North Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

some co coworkers were great

Cons

horrible management, horrible client placment.

HR Coordinator

We’re sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time at Strive. It’s unfortunate we didn’t have the opportunity to work with you to improve your experience while you were here. Strive doesn’t discriminate against any clients, regardless of ability, in hopes that we can make a difference in their lives. Sometimes it may not work out, but we approach each client with a positive mindset and try our best.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Reviews
</>Embed

Strive Living Society Reviews FAQs

Strive Living Society has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 35 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Strive Living Society to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Strive Living Society employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Strive Living Society. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

70% of Strive Living Society employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Strive Living Society 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Strive Living Society Job Seekers