Spirit Airlines Reviews

3.8
Spirit Airlines President and CEO Ted Christie
Ted Christie
Pros
Cons
  • "1 on time departures, best low cost airline, etc(in 22 reviews)

• "Low pay compared to other airlines, some supervisors abuse on the workload(in 20 reviews)

1. "Best Job Ever. Great Airline"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flight benefits on upwards of 100 airlines, free/discounted travel, flexible schedule

Cons

Starting pay is low but the opportunity to earn money with seniority is unmatched!

2. "Full of Spirit"

Former Employee - Analyste Pricing Et Revenue Management in Miramar, FL

I worked at Spirit Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good corporate work environment, you don't feel suffocated by hierarchy and you feel that corporate is truly one, cohesive team. The company really cares about its employees. Managers also care about giving employee feedback and fostering team relations.

Cons

South Florida location, some unintentional sexism exuded by male-dominated management

3. "Great"

4.0
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant

I worked at Spirit Airlines full-time

Pros

Great pay, Unionized, health benefits, 401k match

Cons

Unorganized, tight galley, long hrs, long wait times when calling in.

4. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Flight Attendant

I worked at Spirit Airlines full-time

Pros

Growth. Its a fairly small company so everyone know each other one way or another.

Cons

Rough Schedule to say the least.

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Quality of life, flight benefits

Cons

Crew scheduling does not follow contract

6. "Excellent Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Guest Relations Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Community Atmosphere, Updated Workspaces, Remote Ability, ADA Compliant Buildings, Merit increases are available.

Cons

Not much in the Con space

"Spirit Has Good Intentions"

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Miami, FL

I worked at Spirit Airlines full-time for less than a year

Pros

Airline appears to care about employees; lodging+card for most meals is covered during training; company adapted to natural disasters and risk it could put trainees in so we were evacuated to Las Vegas.

Cons

Training is unpaid; stress level of all employees is high therefore alcohol use can be high; sexual harassment was going unreported according to senior FA's &, at the time there was a pending lawsuit against an employee who appeared to be scapegoated which was very unfortunate because true perpetrators were getting away with real cases.

Spirit Airlines Response

July 1, 2020Talent Management Generalist

Thank you for your review. As an organization, we are dedicated to creating positive experiences for both our Guests and our Team Members. We encourage our Team Members to speak up about concerns and commit to taking this seriously. Please feel free to contact us directly so we can take the proper course of action.

8. COVID-19

"The Worst Company Ever In DTW-Hanger"

1.0
    Current Employee - Tooling Coordinator in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked few months in DTW-Hanger, I have never seen something like that, they are Bias, Discriminated, Liers, Don't follow COVID-19 guidelines, No training at all and they will do evaluation for you, Supervisor/Managers are unprofessional and unethical and disrespectful, they do illegal staffs in the hanger, if they see you that you are following the rules they will fire you, accuse you something you never did it, it is like a gang occupied the DTW-hanger. Low level of education that the staff has, boring, you will never enjoy one day working with them, they have false information at all, from the Director to the mechanics are pathetic and ignorant. The Supervisor/Managers justify their income by firing people for no reason, they are trash.

Cons

I do not recommend to even look at their jobs, this is really pathetic company, you can't think for long life career, No benefits, No rights, No anything. You will see yourself is nothing.

Spirit Airlines Response

June 18, 2020Recruiter

We’re sorry to hear that your experience working with Spirit has been unsatisfactory and we would like to assist you in this matter. Just as we are committed to continually improve our Guest experience, we are also determined to create a positive and inclusive workplace environment for all of our Team Members. We encourage our Team Members to speak up about concerns with a supervisor, or by contacting their Human Resources Business Partner. If you do not know who your Business Partner is please refer to the Team Member Handbook. Thank you for your review and for helping us uphold the highest commitment to our Spirit Values.

9. "Overall Company experience"

4.0
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Employee only health insurance is great, work-life balance is good. Flexibility on transferring from one base to another. It is a good company to work for in the long term.

Cons

Family health insurance is bad. The company violates the union contract often. Pay is a little bit low compared to other carriers.

10. "Spirit air"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work at

Cons

A lot of traveling the country

Found 414 reviews