Spare Labs Reviews
93% would recommend to a friend
(23 total reviews)
Kristoffer Vik Hansen
93% approve of CEO
Found 23 of over 27 reviews
Updated Nov 26, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Lots of daily interaction with colleagues across all teams" (in 5 reviews)
- "people are always willing to help if needed" (in 4 reviews)
- 5.0Nov 26, 2023Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearVancouver, BC
Some of the most talented, good natured and creative folks you will meet. Founders seek feedback and act on it. All engineers can have enormous impact and the team is growing.
Pressure can be intense sometimes
- 5.0Sept 6, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Co-workers are really great and the founders are really nice too. Love the remote first environment, flexibility and management does genuinely care about their teams. The work itself is very rewarding. If you're interested in having a real positive social impact on peoples lives then this is the company for you.
Like many companies, workload can be a little challenging at times , but it balances out during quiet periods. Management is also working on this aspect all the time so it is a very responsive and solutions oriented environment.1
- 2.0Aug 1, 2023Partner SuccessFormer Employee, less than 1 yearVancouver, BC
- Flexible work environment - Work travel - Competitive salaries
- Micromanagement on an extreme level (receiving Slacks weekends, after hours, etc) - A hustle mindset is encouraged at the cost of employees' mental health - Management very much encourages overtime and unpaid work - if someone is not going above and beyond their job description, expect to be scolded4
- 5.0Aug 9, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearVancouver, BC
- social impact - remote work - fun culture - regular employee surveys and feedback
I personally don't have any
- 5.0May 29, 2022Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
- When managers talk about work life balance they actually mean it for once ! There have been times I stayed late hacking on a problem and once it was solved management strongly encouraged that I take a rest and leave early or come in late to avoid burn out - Practical problem solving environment, decisions aren't made willy nilly. Everyone on various teams are always willing to lend their expertise no matter the problem, management is engaged and does not throw out arbitrary deadlines for things - Lots of opportunities for feature ownership and managers are always open to trying out new technology which is nice
Spare is growing fast but currently haven't been able to hire more Software Engineers fast enough which can lead to features you wanted to work on getting delayed.3
- 5.0Feb 23, 2023Growth Team MemberCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearVancouver, BC
Strong team atmosphere setting. Team's work very well together.
A lot of remote employees.
- 5.0Apr 10, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Incredibly high performing team, everybody goes the extra mile. If you want to work at a company that actually has an impact on the world, Spare is your place. We are truly changing the landscape of public transit, and everybody in the industry looks to Spare to see what we're focused on.
Spare grew a lot during the pandemic, and I think it's still trying to figure out its culture with most people working remotely. If you're not careful setting boundaries, you could easily get burned out here. But I think this is improving as we're bringing on more people and resources after our latest funding round.
- 5.0Sept 11, 2022Software EngineerFormer Employee
Great working culture Fully remote No micromanagement Lots of personal impact and career opportunities A fun, engaging team with daily recognitions to each other Growing business with good potential Modern and popular tech stacks Work closely with C-levels who are fun and easygoing Great internal communication and transparency in decisions Flexible and adaptable Supportive leadership
Can’t really think of any cons… expectations on quality of delivery is high and a self-motivated person would fit and perform very well2
- 5.0Jun 19, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Spare hires people who care deeply about the work they do and it shows. The team is extremely passionate and it feels like everyone is working towards a common goal regardless of their position in the company.
As with any similar-sized startup, the company was experiencing growing pains. I felt these were well dealt with by management though.1
Spare Labs Reviews FAQs
Spare Labs has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 27 reviews left anonymously by employees. 93% of employees would recommend working at Spare Labs to a friend and 92% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
93% of Spare Labs employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Spare Labs 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.