SoftwareONE Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Patrick Winter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Multiple employee benefits such as work from home, cab etc" (in 31 reviews)

• "Culture, work life balance, team players" (in 12 reviews)

1. "Environment"

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

Great place to work with amazing support from management

Cons

Frequently changing top management leading to strategy changes

29 Aug, 2017 – Global Head of HR

Hi - really appreciate you sharing your comments and feedback and great to see you felt the management teams and leadership were on the whole supportive. One of the upsides of our culture is our... More

"Good Company"

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

Helpful People, Good work Culture, Good Pay

Cons

Poor Management . Employee Satisfaction is degrading.

"I'm so happy to be here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI (US)

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm not the type of person that writes a lot of reviews - positively or negatively. However, I feel compelled after reading some of the recent comments left about SWO. I am a woman that has the privilege of working for SWO for the past 2+ years. Our company is built upon inclusion and opportunity. I have been given every opportunity possible to shine, thrive and contribute my strengths. I have the privilege of working along side many talented men and women leaders that make me a stronger contributor every day.

I will also describe our culture to you. We all work hard (very hard) but with the goal in mind of making SWO as great as it can be for our colleagues and customers. Who doesn't want to be on a winning team?! There is support all around you - you will never lack someone to ask a question, lean on during hard days, or learn something from. We have employee committees that allow us to work together to solve problems and make improvements. We have amazing leadership development which helps every employee be more successful and inspires us to be our best. The leaders care about their employees personally and recognize their wins professionally. They let us try new things, maybe even fail, and try again with lessons learned. And lastly we celebrate together. We have fun!

Cons

Continue to improve the benefits programs in the US. Continue to invest in technology to make our jobs easier.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - we trust you. Continue to include your employees and gather input as you do today. Don't lose the spirit of working hard and having fun.

4. "The People Make the business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England (UK)

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at SoftwareONE for over 6 years and feel that as a business they value their employees tremendously. They were very supportive when I had a personal issue and felt that there was always someone for me to talk to if I needed it.
    The culture of the business is work hard and play harder. I love the fact there is a social event every month, a fantastic Xmas party along with a New Year and Mid Year kick off that allows everyone to get together.
    Everyone here at SoftwareONE UK is passionate about what we do and are fully dedicated to the business and the team mentality. There is always someone to help if needed and that is important.
    I also love the way that SoftwareONE is evolving as a business not just in the UK but also globally. The ideas and changes that are being made have a huge impact to daily workload and means our people can grow on a personal development level

Cons

Head Count approval can be slow which means that sometimes there is unnecessary pressure at critical times like month and quarter end

Advice to Management

If you can invest more in the non field sales / back office staff productivity would increase as there would be more bandwidth to be proactive as opposed to reactive.

5. "Great culture."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England (UK)

Pros

This is the first company i've worked for where i actually feel like the business cares about thier employees. We frequently have enrichment activities, oppertunity to learn and there's such a good culture.

Cons

The workload can be alot and if you're new to the industry it is a lot to take in in the first 6 months but you're constantly learning and it's a good challenge.

Advice to Management

It can sometimes feel like the majority of reward goes to the sales people and while they should absolutely be recognised for their work the employees that get KPI's work just as hard. Other than that keep doing what you're doing.
    (Also a gym mebership included in benefits would be great)

6. "Good Organization with Amazing culture and benefits"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing organization culture
    Multiple employee benefits such as work from home, cab etc.
    No micro management type of thing
    365 degree feedback
    Focus on all 7 core values
    Work life balance
    Process driven work and well defined goals in advance

Cons

Recently indulged into lot of cost cutting
    Career Growth, however, they are trying hard to improve so
    Unable to retain good employees who actually want to see Software One grow as an organization
    TLs and STLs are more of coordinators here who practically needs to be part of production
    Unnecessary operational/ reporting work needs to be removed from system to enhance efficiency of teams.

Advice to Management

Its from GSDC perspective:
    Retain good resources
    Hire more of experienced people who can think from GSDC's revenue perspective rather than cost perspective.

24 Sep, 2018 – Global Head of HR

Fantastic feedback - thank you for being so detailed - I hope wherever you have moved to you have found a great path. I have shared your feedback with Executive Team (Alex) responsible for India... More

7. "Overall Good Company"

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

Good Company to work. Great Culture and Awesome colleagues. Co-workers are of same age group.

Cons

Work Life Balance is less

24 Sep, 2018 – Global Head of HR

Hi - we love happy and engaged employees! We call it work life harmony but the principle is the same - if you love what you do then you are always in harmony! On a serious note however, please make... More

"BDM"

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

Zero pros. Zero pros. Zero pros. Stay away. Caution

Cons

Worst company you could ever work for. Lomax offers incentives between 200-800 for a quarter for sales people. The worst leader ever. Completely delusional. Company has no idea how to look after people. Total
    Joke.

Advice to Management

Fire them all and become a real company. Get rid of Lomax is the first job.

"No vision and poor leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

PTO is plentiful. Cool if you get to use it.

Cons

- ZERO DIVERSITY. Leadership is all white men, no effort to become more diverse.
    - HR is a nightmare. You can see that just by global responding to every negative review on Glassdoor in a condescending manner. Harassment happens all the time and HR does nothing to protect their employees.
    - There is no commitment to culture. It’s just words on a wall at this point.
    - Turnover rate is very high and it’s only the best people who are leaving. Leadership is doing nothing to stop it and is glazing over the obvious truth : this is no longer a place for top performers.
    - You will be overworked for little money. If you voice concerns about this, you will be told you are entitled.
    - Quotas for unestablished BDMs are unreasonably high, given the lack of training.
    - Leadership is very frugal and always looking for a way to pay you less

Advice to Management

- Leadership needs to be overhauled and now is the perfect time. Invest in better technologies, data insights and your employees. If you don’t work to fix the problems and show people you care, you will continue hemorrhaging top performers.

10. "Management should be taken seriously"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Good working culture
    2. Volume of work is high

Cons

1. Management should be serious towards employee

Advice to Management

Management needs to re-consider their idea and process towards employee growth and retention process

10 Sep, 2018 – Global Head of HR

Thanks for taking the time to write your thoughts here. It's really good to see the positive support to working culture and that the busy pace of work and constant activity is a good thing. We are... More