Softchoice Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Jan 24, 2021

Found 46 of over 812 reviews

4.0
Softchoice President and CEO Vince De Palma
Vince De Palma
Pros
  • "Good culture, fun work environment(in 46 reviews)

• "Great people and working culture(in 45 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/Life balance could use work(in 41 reviews)

• "Senior leadership isn’t trustworthy(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Company Review

Jan 24, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent working environment. You will find people having worked here for 20+ yrs and this is a good thing in today's environment. In a recession, it is even better to work for a Large Account Reseller than a vendor, as you are not stuck selling or pitching one type of solution. I have spoken to sales people from different vendors and they too tell me how lucky we are to be able to pitch the different technologies in the market as no one solution can fit for any customer in today's market conditions. During Covid-19, the office did not ask us to reduce our salaries or commissions and paid out on time. Management in the West Coast District is excellent and has an open door policy . If something is not right then you can walk up to the District Sales Manager in the B.C. branch and review how you can best get things resolved. The DSM in B.C. is quick to make things right for his team or a member of that branch. Benefits of this organization is that you can be anything you want by way of a career path. If Sales is not for you, then perhaps talk to the Order Management team to see if there is an open position or any other department in any district. The ability to move around and work in different districts too is a plus in my opinion. If you are just out of college and want to learn about the different technologies out there and where you might fit, this is a good organization to start with as their training is nothing but the best in the market.

Cons

Nothing that any organization experiences and of a size like Softchoice, but nothing that cannot be resolved or sorted out.

4 people found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Work Life balance

Dec 8, 2020 - Customer Support Advocate
      Business Outlook

Pros

- work life balance - flexible / personal hours - nice work environment - team spirit

Cons

- the pay/ salary could be much better

3. 3.0

Good organization, bad pay

Aug 11, 2020 - Territory Sales Representative in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, fun work environment

Cons

Bad pay, difficult comission structure

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

So far, Great

Feb 7, 2020 - Territory Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great working environment, friendly staff, helpful teammates , approachable management

Cons

not any to this date

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

The Sales review for Softchoice .

Aug 20, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, the leadership trusts hardworking people and have one to one recognition

Cons

Not much to share all is good

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great Career Builder

May 8, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Work Environment -Work Culture -Smart Talent -Dog Friendly -Nice office

Cons

-Retention -Pay -Management Visibility -Growth timelines -Frequent Management Changes

7. 4.0

Order Management Associate

Jan 10, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training and development Teams take care of each other Excellent benefits flexible work environment

Cons

No cons for me. I am loving it so far

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

I've had a terrific experience working at SC, there are so many opportunities at SC to expand your skills & knowledge.

May 18, 2011 - Corporate Recruiter in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- There are a ton of opportunities to learn and develop new skills and take on projects that would normally be outside of one's typical job scope within most other corporations. - Having the opportunity to work closely with managers. Communication is very open at Softchoice and it is a very collaborative environment to work in. - This is a hardworking enviornment, generally work volume is full (across all positions) so it's a great place to work for someone who enjoys a challenging work environment. - Goals oriented company, very entrepreneurial culture. - Great commissions and incentives in place for sales people. - A great place for junior sales people to start their career, learn, develop and progress within the company. - Bring Dogs to Work - Green commute subsidy - Great benefits package - Gym on site, free of charge. Socially conscious company: - Softchoice Cares program - 2 paid volunteer days per person, per year. - Green committee (SC is committed to being 'green' and adopting green technology strategies).

Cons

- Not a great place for employees who want to progress without going through the proper time lines, mastering their current position and meeting the appropriate goals communicated.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company, usual leadership pains.

Apr 2, 2018 - Vendor Sales Specialist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment with knowledgeable staff. Direct leadership is often a pleasure to work with and they seem to care about the people on their teams. Salary is close to market if not market. Decent work life balance (role dependent though)

Cons

Senior Leadership appear disorganized and lack clear strategy. It feels like each year they throw out a new buzzword/strategy to see if it sticks and helps the company grow. As you go up the line of leadership they become more disconnected from the people below them - you become more of a number or data point within the system. Overall I believe the company is good to work for and that their challenges within leadership are common across many organisations.

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Poor Leadership

Jan 19, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

They let you bring your dog into work. While I do not have a dog, it creates a cool work environment.

Cons

I came from the Unis Lumin acquistion, so I have been on board for a little over a year. I have worked for a number of technology companies and have never seen so much incompetent management, starting with the senior leadership team. In the short time I have been here, we are now on our third leader of professional services. The first 2 left saying that they could not be successful building a services practice at Softchoice (alluding to the incompetence of the leadership team to which they reported), even though they were extremely successful doing at previous companies. The person in that role now is also our CIO, so he is not able to focus completely on the PS practice. As far as I know, he has no experience running a PS practice. Our entire focus last year was around growing professional services, but our year end numbers were WAY below 50% of plan. This leads a lot of us to believe that there could be significant changes at the highest levels in the organization. Only time will tell.

9 people found this review helpful